What's new

Awards

RazorMC

Reaction score
Some of the other sites with vBulletin use 'Awards' to reward members besides the ranking and rep.

Perhaps PDF can use this feature as well to reward members who maintain high quality in posting and other achievements like posting latest news etc etc.
They can be attached to the user/member based on Mod's or Admin's prerogative, esp for members who haven't reached Senior/Elite rank yet. It would encourage better quality posts.

Some awards are for a specified duration (like a week or a month) while others can be for longer duration.

Sample:

2jdo0on.jpg

PS: I know it's been suggested before.

I think awards is good for entertainment sites. This feature may not be so useful for serious sites like PDF?

Thanks button does the best job possible

@Zakii,

Sir, thanks button does the job as you said. But awards will be like extra titles for the member. Example: AirExpert for active/knowledgable members of the AF section. Or maybe an extra custom Title (suggested by management) under the username.

Further increases motivation for quality and to be more active imo. Esp for Full Members who do not fulfill Senior criteria yet. Kind of like a stepping stone.

The idea was based on awarding medals like in the military :P
Management could design them like actual medals.

Ultimately though, mods know best.

-- RazorMC

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of the other sites with vBulletin use 'Awards' to reward members besides the ranking and rep.

Perhaps PDF can use this feature as well to reward members who maintain high quality in posting and other achievements like posting latest news etc etc.
They can be attached to the user/member based on Mod's or Admin's prerogative, esp for members who haven't reached Senior/Elite rank yet. It would encourage better quality posts.

Such system would bring controversy and also extra works for the mods.

But I have an idea, which is something like a "Reputation Line", based on the number of infractions that members get, under the Flag/Join of date/avater. Just like battery life line what gets Green to Red before finish.

14730Untitled.jpg

Initially there will be a green color of "Reputation Line", but as much as the members get infractions/warnings, they green "Reputation Line will automatically start to get Red. If someone gets like 10 infractions, then his green "Reputation Line will become red "Reputation Line, and ultimately will get permanent ban.

And the promotion from Junior member to Senior member needs to be manually reviewed beside the automatic promotion based on the number of posts. Some just get senior for the number of posts rather than quality, these could be manually stopped..

And the promotion from Junior member to Senior member needs to be manually reviewed beside the automatic promotion based on the number of posts. Some just get senior for the number of posts rather than quality, these could be manually stopped..

Even @HongWu is senior now. :lol:

@RazorMC it is a good idea indeed,awards must be given on the basis of quality of post,every week...means,
best poster of the week/month, top ten names of posters who carried good argument,their names must be issues including think-tanks,jr.think-tank,senior,elite,full,professional..
anyone who carries a good argument,even in a single thread must be brought under consideration.etc
what do you think?

@RazorMC it is a good idea indeed,awards must be given on the basis of quality of post,every week...means,
best poster of the week/month, top ten names of posters who carried good argument,their names must be issues including think-tanks,jr.think-tank,senior,elite,full,professional..
anyone who carries a good argument,even in a single thread must be brought under consideration.etc
what do you think?

Every week could become tiresome for the Mods because of the number of members. But a monthly base is better for periodic awardings.
Same applies for all good posts. It's too much work for the management/admin team.

However, consistently maintaining good quality would result in permanent awards and this would decrease the burden on the PDF team. This is what my aim is.

Such system would bring controversy and also extra works for the mods.

But I have an idea, which is something like a "Reputation Line" based on the number of infractions that members get under the Flag/Join of date/avater. Just like battery life line what gets Green to Red before finish.
Initially there will be a green color of "Reputation Line", but as much as the members get infractions/warnings, they green "Reputation Line will automatically start to get Red. If someone gets like 10 infractions, then his green "Reputation Line will become red "Reputation Line, and ultimately will get permanent ban.

Reputation line would be a concern for members who frequently ignore rules. But it may not provide the same kind of incentive as awarding something like a title or a forum-award etc etc. My objective here was to encourage members to maintain quality, to reward sincere efforts and to keep members motivated (esp the newer ones).

I guess that was based on voting.

My idea is for mods to have the prerogative to award full, senior and elite members who maintain high standards of posting.

Every week could become tiresome for the Mods because of the number of members. But a monthly base is better for periodic awardings.
Same applies for all good posts. It's too much work for the management/admin team.

However, consistently maintaining good quality would result in permanent awards and this would decrease the burden on the PDF team. This is what my aim is.

Reputation line would be a concern for members who frequently ignore rules. But it may not provide the same kind of incentive as awarding something like a title or a forum-award etc etc. My objective here was to encourage members to maintain quality, to reward sincere efforts and to keep members motivated (esp the newer ones).

I guess that was based on voting.

My idea is for mods to have the prerogative to award full, senior and elite members who maintain high standards of posting.

yes that is why I said monthly,razormc,there are plenty good posters who are not senior members,but they do carry good argument,I suggest that they do need encouragement.

Back
Top Bottom