What's new

Average Salary Per Month

In the tax year April 2013-April 2014, following Income tax (20%) and National Insurance and pension contributions (about 10%), I took home just over £18K.

My living costs - essentials - break down as follows (monthly):

Rent: £500
Council tax: £90
Utilities (gas, water, electric): £70
Travel (bus and train): £60
Phone, Internet and mobile: £30
Food: £100 (I rarely eat out)

non-essentials:
Gym: £23
Xbox : £5 (need to cancel it as I haven't played it in ages - still have latest GTA in packaging!)
Charity: £40

I don't spend a lot on clothes (about £300 last year).

The money I have left over is split 50:50 into savings and investments (Rolls-Royce, EADS-Airbus, Next PLC, IAG airlines - British Airways and Iberia and a few smaller holdings).

I do have some expensive hobbies though like flying and climbing.

Income just Rs 6 Lakhs per annum? How the dickens do you survive? I pay almost as much income tax per annum!! Jeeez!

No offense but you are being rude to him. Not everyone can be rich (or upper middle class) and being middle class (or even poor) is not a crime. Besides he may be doing an entry level job right after graduation. 6 lakh is pretty standard for that, even most graduates from the top IITs get that kind of starting salaries.

No offense but you are being rude to him. Not everyone can be rich (or upper middle class) and being middle class (or even poor) is not a crime. Besides he may be doing an entry level job right after graduation. 6 lakh is pretty standard for that, even most graduates from the top IITs get that kind of starting salaries.
Arre bhai, I was just kidding!! Paying tax @ Rs 6 lakhs pa means one is getting a salary approx Rs 20 lakhs pa.!! :woot:

He was simple asking minimum salary set by Govt. but he can't explain it properly

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom