What's new

Average IQ by Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this to insult the Indians or Pakistanis?

No one is insulting yar ..... Why you bhartiye feeling insecure ...

Industrialized nations have way better literacy rate and hence better IQ level...nothing to be sad about !

Many chart here are showing Pakistani average IQ to be better than Indians ... :cheesy:

No one is insulting yar ..... Why you bhartiye feeling insecure ...

Industrialized nations have way better literacy rate and hence better IQ level...nothing to be sad about !

Many chart here are showing Pakistani average IQ to be better than Indians ... :cheesy:
Many chart here are showing Pakistani average IQ to be better than Indians ...

:pakistan::usflag:

Afghanistan better than India???? Yayyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our Chinese are good at examination:azn:

Afghanistan better than India???? Yayyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apparently you never been to outside of India?

In my experience , and others living abroad would agree , Afghans are very liberal and smart people. Specially Afghani girls are very good students ....... Oh well ...that can be said about girls of any country..Even in Pakistan , girls almost ALWAYS outperform guys in examinations etc :cheesy:

Apparently you never been to outside of India?

In my experience , and others living abroad would agree , Afghans are very liberal and smart people. Specially Afghani girls are very good students ....... Oh well ...that can be said about girls of any country..Even in Pakistan , girls almost ALWAYS outperform guys in examinations etc :cheesy:

I can see that through the Talibunnies.

The moment I saw the thread title I knew it has to be a Chinese guy posting. This is an oft-repeated attempt to congratulate self. Chinese members bring IQ into discussion more often than pakistanis bring religion.

thanks for sharing

China, Japan, Korea, Pakistan all of them are Smart

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

One more I found, IQbyCountry
IQ and the Wealth of Nations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

800px-InvertedIQbyCountry.png

The poster doesnt look like he understands the relationship between perceived intelligence and environmental factors. The only way you could really judge a persons IQ would be with a genetic test. And those tests are not even available yet. I mean have a look at Sub Saharan Afica on that chart, its BS. Sub Saharan has the greatest variation of genes among humans of anybody on the planet. There would certainly be potential geniuses living there but they dont have the resources to tap into that potential.

One thing is certain though, the poster is definitely of below average IQ. Go and pick up a science book mate.

I would not trust these sources for many countries ... perhaps the results are only valid for countries where there is systematic IQ testing on a yearly basis for a large number of people.

I had read an article a while ago about the low iranian IQ. Turned out all Western sources use an IQ study done in the 1950's in a single school in Shiraz. They use the same data over and over again.

In all my internet searches, I could not find any statistics of IQ for Iran. Either these are not available in English, or Iran does not publish IQ score results ?

In any case, studies have shown that IQ had a steady rise for decades in Western Countries, before finally leveling off. This must mean that the spread of education was the factor raising IQ. Once education levels reach saturation levels, no more progress is seen. So, for developing countries, one must wait a few decades before comparing to the West. Also, countries that have had a long tradition of learning and literacy (Japan, Korea) - even higher than the West in past centuries - would have higher scores.

If there is a genetic component to IQ, we have to wait a few decades before making any pronouncements.

Malnutrition and lack of parental attention in the development of children is another factor for lower IQs in poorer countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom