What's new

Avengers: Infinity War destroys records, setting highest domestic and worldwide opening of all time

F-22Raptor

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanos dropped a moon on the Avengers and now, if all goes according to plan, Marvel's Avengers: Infinity War is about to drop a moon on every film in existence with the biggest domestic and worldwide debuts of all-time.

While Walt Disney Studios has been pretty conservative with their projections, suggesting an opening in the $230 million to $240 million range, the most recent numbers, following the film's record-breaking $82 million Saturday, are telling a much different story. They're now saying that the Russo Brothers-directed blockbuster will almost definitely reach $250 million by the end of business today, making it the biggest domestic debut of all-time.

Its gargantuan opening would top Star Wars: The Force Awakens ($247.96M) and it would become the sixth film to top $200 million in its opening frame, joining The Force Awakens, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Jurassic World, The Avengers, and Black Panther.

Internationally, Marvel's latest is eyeing a worldwide debut in the $630 million range, which is the biggest global debut in box office history, nearly $100 million better than The Fate of the Furious worldwide launch last year. It'a also worth noting that Marvel has been able to accomplish all of this without any help from the Chinese and Russian box offices, which is absolutely ridiculous. It's actually hard not to wonder exactly how high the film could've gone had it secured a day-and-date release in the Middle Kingdom, where it opens on May 11th instead, but we may find out soon enough since we can probably expect Marvel to work extra hard at securing that simultaenous release next year for the still-untitled Avengers 4.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/aven...ord-with-250m-domestic-630m-worldwide-a160116

Seriously, this film does not mess about - unpredictable from the start, I loved it

i need see this one then, was disappointed with black panther,

All the excitement went down in just seconds as soon as I understood that the movie wasn't complete. It has another part. I don't like watching movies which have parts

I haven't watched it yet. Hopefully it's as good as others r claiming it to be.

I got a real shock after watching black panther since I had I hopes for that movie. Ppl were praising it like crazy. But I found it extremely boring.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom