What's new

Avengers: Infinity War’ Blasts to $76 Million Opening in China [96% of all ticket sales revenue]

Hamartia Antidote

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
http://variety.com/2018/film/asia/avengers-infinity-war-76-million-china-opening-1202807175/

Avengers: Infinity War” has made a blockbuster start in China, the last major market to release the Disney-Marvel title.

By 10 p.m. Friday in China, the film had earned $66 million (RMB423 million) on its first full day of release, according to data from China Box Office. That gave it a 96% share of all cinema revenues in China that day.

The $66 million came on top of about $9.3 million earned in previews Thursday, according to Ent Group. That gives the superhero tentpole an estimated opening total of close to $76 million.

Disney reported pre-sales and midnight screening figures of $65.4 million for the three-day opening weekend. That is an all-time record for Disney in the Middle Kingdom.

“Avengers: Age of Ultron” has the highest full opening-weekend score for the “Avengers” franchise with $156 million, which is also the fourth-highest opening score of any film released in China. “Monster Hunt 2,” released during the Chinese New Year holiday period in February this year, holds the all-time record with a $187 million start.

To the end of Wednesday, “Infinity War” had a global gross of $1.251 billion. That comprised earnings of $479 million in North America and $772 million in international markets.

The Marvel Comic Universe is already the biggest foreign movie franchise of all time in China, with a combined gross of $1.12 billion (RMB7.1 billion), ahead of “Fast & Furious” with $913 million (RMB5.8 billion) and “Transformers” with $834 million (RMB5.3 billion).

I saw the film last Monday but did not think it was anything special.

I saw the film last Monday but did not thing it was anything special.
I watched in Premier on 27th, Its left with cliffhanger, when movie was over I felt i was watching it for just 30mins... Next will be more mind blowing

Explain what? Hollywood at China mercy? Trump and US needs to be nice to China. CPC can easily ban all Hollywood movies and make all Chinese download their movies to watch. Maybe you are going to tell everybody China will lose big compare to US. :lol:

I saw the film last Monday but did not think it was anything special.
You committed blasphemy.

Explain what? Hollywood at China mercy? Trump and US needs to be nice to China. CPC can easily ban all Hollywood movies and make all Chinese download their movies to watch. Maybe you are going to tell everybody China will lose big compare to US. :lol:
Your fellow countrymen shouldn't be watching American movies in the first place. I am really disappointed.

Well that won't be something unusual. The number of movies made solely by China and shown worldwide in major movie theater chains is pitifully small. You may as well call them banned. Everybody watches them for free on late night tv.

Well that won't be something unusual. The number of movies made solely by China and shown worldwide in major movie theater chains is pitifully small. You may as well call them banned. Everybody watches them for free on late night tv.
Can you denied if China CPC decided to ban hollywoood movies in China and all Chinese cititzen only way to watch these movies is through illegal download. Who will hurt who most? Maybe you want to claim US can banned Chinese movies in US and hurt China :rofl:

US movies industries is at the mercy of China. Be nice to China :enjoy:

US shall make a Korean War movie about how Chinese troops kick the butt of US eight army in Korean War. I am sure it will make a big selling in China or even US :lol:

Can you denied if China CPC decided to ban hollywoood movies in China and all Chinese cititzen only way to watch these movies is through illegal download. Who will hurt who most? Maybe you want to claim US can banned Chinese movies in US and hurt China :rofl:

US movies industries is at the mercy of China. Be nice to China :enjoy:

How do you think Chinese people were watching US movies in the 1920's, 1930's,1940's,1950's,1960's,1970's, and 1980's? In theaters??? This is not something new. Hollywood did very well without you. Don't think Hollywood has only been successful once they were allowed on your screens. They've been doing fine for 100years.

How do you think Chinese people were watching US movies in the 1970's and 1980's? In theaters??? This is not something new. Hollywood did very well without you.
Hi, the world is changing everyday. What happened in the 70s and 80s is different from 2018. Are you saying you can used smart handphone in the 70s and 80s?

Welcome to the real world of 2018 where hollywood needs to depend on Chinese movies viewer to keep healthy growth. CPC can easily banned all hollywood movies in China. I say again, be nice to China. You are at our mercy. :lol:

Hi, the world is changing everyday. What happened in the 70s and 80s is different from 2018. Are you saying you can used smart handphone in the 70s and 80s?

Welcome to the real world of 2018 where hollywood needs to depend on Chinese movies viewer to keep healthy growth. CPC can easily banned all hollywood movies in China. I say again, be nice to China. You are at our mercy. :lol:

..and Hollywood had no healthy growth from say 1910 to 1990?

..and Hollywood had no healthy growth from say 1910 to 1990?
Why avoid the obvious? The tide has changed.. You are saying in the 1910 to 1990 there is smart handphone exist?
In 2018, Chinese people has more money in their pockets to spend extra money on entertainment like movies. all thanks to you mighty US corporate that outsource the whole factory to China. While most of the mid and low income white middle age men has no job as many factories closed down in US. :rofl:

@Hamartia Antidote surely this must be fake news !!! :enjoy:

It's the usual glass hearts upset and frustrated that American movies can dominate them. Certainly it would be an incredibly shameful day indeed if a Chinese movie captured 96% of US ticket revenue. So you have to feel their intense pain...and then try and stop laughing.

It's the usual glass hearts upset and frustrated that American movies can dominate them. Certainly it would be an incredibly shameful day indeed if a Chinese movie captured 96% of US ticket revenue. So you have to feel their intense pain...and then try and stop laughing.
All thanks to the blessing from CPC, they can shut down Hollywood movies from China easily while US cant do any damage back at Chinese in movies area. American movies maker are at the mercy of Chinese :enjoy:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom