What's new

Auto sector in Pakistan ready to compete with India

WTF , in the entire article they are just talking about the woes of pakistani auto industry . And in the article they say pakistan manufactures 2,20,000 cars annually which has also reduced. While india manufactures more than 33 lakh cars per year , so what are they comparing??

It was 39 lacks in 2011. This year could be 48-50 lacks.

Products are produced keeping demand in view, Pakistan's population is about 180 million whereas Indian population in more than one billion (more than 1000 million) plus the export. And you are asking Pakistani sector to manufacture as many as vehicles as Indian sector manufactures, that's weird.

Products are produced keeping demand in view, Pakistan's population is about 180 million whereas Indian population in more than one billion (more than 1000 million) plus the export. And you are asking Pakistani sector to manufacture as many as vehicles as Indian sector manufactures, that's weird.

Lol South korean population is like 55 million yet they produce 46 lack cars. Pakistan produces only 2 lack while India produces about 48 lacks. The ratio is like 1:24. This is not enough for a tough competition. Maybe after 10 yrs we can revisit this thread and see how far Pakistani auto sector has come.

japan has a population of 12 crores , but it manufactures more than 80 lakh cars , south korea manufactures 40 lakh cars . So i think it has got to do something with your ability rather then population , and its not me but the thread starter who is comparing india and pakistani auto industry . india,china,japan,south korea all manufacture cars not just for their populations but to export them to other countries , pakistan can never make it to that list.

Total production of Pakistan in 2012: 200000 (could be lower, because many plants closed down recently)

India: over 5 million cars. With total vehicle production over 13 million including bikes, trucks, buses, tractors, construction equipment and excavators.

Still wanna compete :lol:. Pakistan has a huge market and a very low production base so mostly the demand is met by imports. There is no indigenous Pakistani brand to compete with India, so Indian car companies are only looking at competing with toyota etc. We are ready to take the challenge if there is any.

Also India is 6th biggest Automobile Producer in the world.

It is a very good news, competition comes much later, at least they should be appreciated for trying. my best wishes for you people.

Lol South korean population is like 55 million yet they produce 46 lack cars. Pakistan produces only 2 lack while India produces about 48 lacks. The ratio is like 1:24. This is not enough for a tough competition. Maybe after 10 yrs we can revisit this thread and see how far Pakistani auto sector has come.

Again you failed to spot a point! DEMAND

Koreans have a huge export order to fulfil, is it hard to consider this factor? Pakistan do not export the vehicles, unlike India which do export a chunk of its production.

If I may add, certain countries opt for Indian vehicles for their cost effectiveness, they aren't opted for their luxury. So don't fly that high.

As I have said earlier, it would be nice to see Pakistani sector to lose its monopoly.

pakistan gov. to decide bhout kuch karti hai...par kabhi hota hai..

Koreans have a huge export order to fulfil, is it hard to consider this factor? Pakistan do not export the vehicles, unlike India which do export a chunk of its production.

If I may add, certain countries opt for Indian vehicles for their cost effectiveness, they aren't opted for their luxury. So don't fly that high.

We will see next year and the years to come that what happens. Btw as a Pakistani can I ask you what are your views about Indian bikes and cars???

As I have said earlier, it would be nice to see Pakistani sector to lose its monopoly.

when south korea started manufacturing cars there was no demand for their cars also , but they created the demand by manufacturing quality cars and good business strategies, a skill which you surely lack .

We will see next year and the years to come that what happens. Btw as a Pakistani can I ask you what are your views about Indian bikes and cars???

What I posted earlier..

Very nice to hear that, auto sector in Pakistan is about to loose its monopoly.

What ready, huh? It's about to be spiflicated!

I don't know much about Indian cars and bikes, but heard they are good and cost effective too.

Why I don't like native sector is because cars/bikes it manufactures are very expensive and are not of international standards, I mean they alter parts and accessories.

when south korea started manufacturing cars there was no demand for their cars also , but they created the demand by manufacturing quality cars and good business strategies, a skill which you surely lack .

Click me when rich countries start ordering you, when your analogies are perfectly justified.

Good luck..

I think Pakistan is being a little too ambitious in targeting competition with India. Indian players like Tata and Mahindra have access to better technology, courtesy of their acquisitions overseas (Tata - JLR, M&M - Ssangyong). Indian car makers also enjoy economies of scale and are better equipped.

But this is barely the point of the article that has been quoted. The car makers in pakistan, by demanding "lower costs" are simply demanding lower taxes under the garb of making their products more "competitive". This lobby is trying to whip up jingoistic tendencies in an attempt to lower its tax outgo and maximize earnings.

Back
Top Bottom