What's new

Auto policy approved, door wide open for new entrant

Those are all Japanese rejects, not quality cars. They appear to be great only because the other options are even lousier.
I really don't think cars like Toyota Land Cruisers (popular amongst our land owners), Prius, plus a heap load of kei cars (which include, but not limited to Toyota Passo, Daihatsu Mira, Suzuki Alto), plus the infamous Yaris (Vitz) are Japanese rejects, in fact they are some of the main Japanese cars. Remember the Toyota Mark X? It went huge in Pakistan.
Now if could've played our cards right, all of the aforementioned vehicles could've been made in the country.

hybrid and electric car option is not bad for the those who are commuting within city.

Chinese Car manufactures should also invest in Pakistan. Chinese can setup R&D in Pakistan for auto industry.

I really don't think cars like Toyota Land Cruisers (popular amongst our land owners), Prius, plus a heap load of kei cars (which include, but not limited to Toyota Passo, Daihatsu Mira, Suzuki Alto), plus the infamous Yaris (Vitz) are Japanese rejects, in fact they are some of the main Japanese cars. Remember the Toyota Mark X? It went huge in Pakistan.
Now if could've played our cards right, all of the aforementioned vehicles could've been made in the country.

Nearly all of them are used/rented/taxis, or accident and flood write-offs, or insurance buy-outs and similar rejects.

Last edited:
Nearly all of them are used/rented/taxis, or accident and flood write-offs, or insurance buy-outs and similar rejects.
True, but still a heap of them are 4-star imports, which by all means have a better built quality than cars made in the country.

True, but still a heap of them are 4-star imports, which by all means have a better built quality than cars made in the country.

Yes, they are much better than the locally produced crap, but it is only a relative advantage.

Well as the saying goes, "you get what you pay for".

Not true here, since you get only what you are forced to pay high taxes and duties for, with a limitation of choice by law.

Not true here, since you get only what you are forced to pay high taxes and duties for, with a limitation of choice by law.
You have to pay something to get something.
And we both know, taxes aren't a strong point of the people in this country. And neither is honesty.
And I meant in comparison to cars, with foreign cars to local made ones, knowing that cars in Pakistan are over-priced.

You have to pay something to get something.
And we both know, taxes aren't a strong point of the people in this country. And neither is honesty.
And I meant in comparison to cars, with foreign cars to local made ones, knowing that cars in Pakistan are over-priced.

Car prices in Pakistan are just insane. Take any on-the-road car price and convert into dollars to compare with international prices. The results are almost cruel for the consumers.

Car prices in Pakistan are just insane. Take any on-the-road car price and convert into dollars to compare with international prices. The results are almost cruel for the consumers.
Imports under a 1000cc are still relatively cheaper. "Relatively" is the golden word here.

Imports under a 1000cc are still relatively cheaper. "Relatively" is the golden word here.

It is only due to the taxation regime that penalizes cars above 1000 cc, and much more so above 1800cc, rising to obscene levels.

It is only due to the taxation regime that penalizes cars above 1000 cc, and much more so above 1800cc, rising to obscene levels.
Agreed, ordinary cars like the Land Cruiser are considered a Luxury over here. They can go upto as much as PKR 2Crore. Just because of their engine displacement. Whilst in the States it won't cross $90,000, ever.

Agreed, ordinary cars like the Land Cruiser are considered a Luxury over here. They can go upto as much as PKR 2Crore. Just because of their engine displacement. Whilst in the States it won't cross $90,000, ever.

Forget a Land Cruiser. Price out a typical Corolla or Camry and compare. :D

Forget a Land Cruiser. Price out a typical Corolla or Camry and compare. :D
Yeah, the most expensive corolla caps at around $21,000 and is jam packed with everything you could think of. And recently I went to Honda, and the Civic was costing me about an estimate of $25,000 and the sales rep said "with a few more, you get an immobilizer system." He said it so joyously, that I bit an urge to say "Ermahgerd".

Yeah, the most expensive corolla caps at around $21,000 and is jam packed with everything you could think of. And recently I went to Honda, and the Civic was costing me about an estimate of $25,000 and the sales rep said "with a few more, you get an immobilizer system." He said it so joyously, that I bit an urge to say "Ermahgerd".

The real Ermagherd comes from comparing the price of the El-Stripo models sold in Pakistan with these figures.

Back
Top Bottom