What's new

Australia plans to buy more Super Hornets: report

rockstarIN

Reaction score
Country
India
CANBERRA (BNS): As the much-touted Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) programme gets delayed, Australia may consider buying more F/A-18F Super Hornet fighters for its air force.

Australian defence officials are set to visit the US this week for an update from Lockheed Martin, the manufacturer of the JSF F-35 Lightening II, about the delivery schedule of the jets, The Australian reported Monday.

The country plans to buy up to 100 F-35 fighters and has placed an initial order for 14. The Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) was expected to induct the first batch of F-35 advanced stealth fighters by 2018.

However, the US Air Force too is buying the same variant of the Joint Strike Fighter as the RAAF and has pushed back the dates by which it expects to have its first squadrons operational from mid-2016 to 2017 -- and possibly now to mid-2018, the news report said.

Despite assurances from Lockheed that the first 14 fighters will be delivered to it on time, Australian defence officials believe that deployment of the new generation fighters in the RAAF would not happen before 2020 or even later.

As the RAAF's aging classic 'Hornets' would be nearing the end of their life span by that time, to bridge the gap in its air defence, Australia is weighing the option to buy 18 more Super Hornets at a cost of $800 million each, the newspaper said.

The Australian Government had signed a $6 billion deal with the US in 2007 to acquire 24 F/A-18F Super Hornets. All the fighters have been delivered to the country.

Buying additional Super Hornets would make economic sense, because the $6bn purchase price for the first 24 Super Hornets included the infrastructure to support them and that can be used for the additional aircraft, the news report said.

Australia plans to buy more Super Hornets: report - Brahmand.com

CANBERRA (BNS): As the much-touted Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) programme gets delayed, Australia may consider buying more F/A-18F Super Hornet fighters for its air force.

Australian defence officials are set to visit the US this week for an update from Lockheed Martin, the manufacturer of the JSF F-35 Lightening II, about the delivery schedule of the jets, The Australian reported Monday.

The country plans to buy up to 100 F-35 fighters and has placed an initial order for 14. The Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) was expected to induct the first batch of F-35 advanced stealth fighters by 2018.

However, the US Air Force too is buying the same variant of the Joint Strike Fighter as the RAAF and has pushed back the dates by which it expects to have its first squadrons operational from mid-2016 to 2017 -- and possibly now to mid-2018, the news report said.

Despite assurances from Lockheed that the first 14 fighters JSF/F35 will be delivered to it on time, Australian defence officials believe that deployment of the new generation fighters in the RAAF would not happen before 2020 or even later.

As the RAAF's aging classic 'Hornets' would be nearing the end of their life span by that time, to bridge the gap in its air defence, Australia is weighing the option to buy 18 more Super Hornets at a cost of $80 million each, the newspaper said.

The Australian Government had signed a $6 billion deal with the US in 2007 to acquire 24 F/A-18F Super Hornets. All the fighters have been delivered to the country.

Buying additional Super Hornets would make economic sense, because the $6bn purchase price for the first 24 Super Hornets included the infrastructure to support them and that can be used for the additional aircraft, the news report said.

Australia plans to buy more Super Hornets: report - Brahmand.com

today I was comparing Indian fire power w.r.t to the Australian ones. and here we find, right now Australia has only 24 Super Hornet, 4++ aircrafts, and rest of around 60-70 of 70s/80s, are very old and have serious maintenance problems. this way right now Australia is standing in Indian Ocean with only 24 Super Hornet with 'may be' 18 more by next 3-4 years, as per the above news. and rest F35 would come in operation from 2020 onward, as per this news also.

here, we have news about Indian arms purchase for this year only which we think is enough to win over Australia at any time by next 7-8 years :lol:. just arms purchase of India by this year, in 2012, can win over Australia by any time by next 7-8 years :wave:

It is estimated that Russia and India in 2012 on weapons and military equipment exports will total about $ 7.7 billion.

Russian World Weapons Analysis Center released U.S. report shows that Russian-Indian military-technical cooperation in the field this year will implement a number of major trading scheme. It should be noted that a considerable part of the transaction which is based on a previous contract implementation. Among them, one of the highest value end of the year was undoubtedly the Russian deliveries to the Indian Navy, “Admiral Gorshkov” aircraft carrier. The second major deal between Russia and India for the delivery of two 1135.6 frigate, with a total value of about $ 1 billion. Russia ranked third in the transaction in January this year for the Indian Navy to lease a 971-type submarines. According to the latest news, the amount of the transaction will involve up to $ 920 million.

Russia and India according to finalize the delivery schedule, Russia will be delivered to India in 2012, more 40 m-17V-5 type of military transport helicopters, 21 Su-30MKI (signed in 2000, according to contract to license the assembly), 12 Su-30MKI (according to the 2007 supply contracts signed) and nine carrier-based fighter aircraft MiG -29K/KUB. In addition, this year, Russia and India will continue serving on the Indian MiG-29 fighter jets, Figure -142 patrol aircraft, helicopters Mi-17 upgrade and maintenance of 877EM submarine contract. At the same time, Russia will provide card-31 shipborne helicopters, AL-55-and TRDD-50MT engine, “club-S” anti-ship missile systems, Mi-17 helicopter training simulator, the assembly authorized the Indian T-90S a series of main battle tanks and other contracts.

Russian media: United States next year will replace Russia as India’s largest source of weapons « Military of China, force comment.

with that India just inducted 'Akula-2' nuclear submarine, the deadliest nuclear submarine from Russia, and one own home made nuclear submarine also. with successful testing of long range ICBM missiles, missile defense, different types of anti aircraft/anti ship missiles etc this year also. Indian Navy will induct an INS Vikramaditya capable of carrying 40 aircrafts this year itself, with 2 frigates and 1 destroyer and other naval ships this year too, in 2012 :meeting:

just increase in defense arms by this year only, the additional strength added in Indian military in 2012 alone, will be enough to win over Australia anytime by next 7-8 years in Indian Ocean :agree:

What the hell? F 18 at 800 million dollars each?(as in article) !!
They should better try out rafale or EFT !!

What the hell? F 18 at 800 million dollars each?(as in article) !!
They should better try out rafale or EFT !!

its mistakenly written as $800mil. they would write it $80mil as I remeber, in 2010, Super Hornets were delivered to Australia at the price of $79.5mil, fully loaded with missiles and other weaponaries :smokin:

Really they are happy with SH.

actually world has changed in such a way that now US's customers are those who have to live with poor defense techs, whether its F35 or Super Hornet :meeting:

i remember, during M-MRCA deal with India, Rafale was offered for $110mil, Eurofighter Typhoon for $130mil while Super Hornet with a price tag of around $70mil only but IAF didnt short list Super Hornet as they know, it was worth paying $110mil for Rafale and $130mil for EFT Typhoon but paying even $70mil for Super Hornet is waste of money :wave:

India just signed deal for 42 SU30MKI for $4.3bil, $103mil each for Super Sukhoi standard with 'semi stealth', similar to last 12 out of total 24 Super Hornet supplied to Australia, but India is just not interested in US's $80mil Super Hornet as its simply not worth buying :wave:

today I was comparing Indian fire power w.r.t to the Australian ones. and here we find, right now Australia has only 24 Super Hornet, 4++ aircrafts, and rest of around 60-70 of 70s/80s, are very old and have serious maintenance problems. this way right now Australia is standing in Indian Ocean with only 24 Super Hornet with 'may be' 18 more by next 3-4 years, as per the above news. and rest F35 would come in operation from 2020 onward, as per this news also.

here, we have news about Indian arms purchase for this year only which we think is enough to win over Australia at any time by next 7-8 years :lol:. just arms purchase of India by this year, in 2012, can win over Australia by any time by next 7-8 years :wave:

with that India just inducted 'Akula-2' nuclear submarine, the deadliest nuclear submarine from Russia, and one own home made nuclear submarine also. with successful testing of long range ICBM missiles, missile defense, different types of anti aircraft/anti ship missiles etc this year also. Indian Navy will induct an INS Vikramaditya capable of carrying 40 aircrafts this year itself, with 2 frigates and 1 destroyer and other naval ships this year too, in 2012 :meeting:

just increase in defense arms by this year only, the additional strength added in Indian military in 2012 alone, will be enough to win over Australia anytime by next 7-8 years in Indian Ocean :agree:

It is foolish to think Australia would fight "alone".

its mistakenly written as $800mil. they would write it $80mil as I remeber, in 2010, Super Hornets were delivered to Australia at the price of $79.5mil, fully loaded with missiles and other weaponaries :smokin:

actually world has changed in such a way that now US's customers are those who have to live with poor defense techs, whether its F35 or Super Hornet :meeting:

i remember, during M-MRCA deal with India, Rafale was offered for $110mil, Eurofighter Typhoon for $130mil while Super Hornet with a price tag of around $70mil only but IAF didnt short list Super Hornet as they know, it was worth paying $110mil for Rafale and $130mil for EFT Typhoon but paying even $70mil for Super Hornet is waste of money :wave:

India just signed deal for 42 SU30MKI for $4.3bil, $103mil each for Super Sukhoi standard with 'semi stealth', similar to last 12 out of total 24 Super Hornet supplied to Australia, but India is just not interested in US's $80mil Super Hornet as its simply not worth buying :wave:

Sir You are quite right! PAF has bought new F-16s just because of the fact that the Government force them. Instead they want to invest the money on making new PAC facility as well as on the production and future development of JF-17s, K-8s and Super Mushak.:pakistan:

Why not ? Does India think that Australia should not be listed on the par with India for comparison ?

Nope! no purpose to compare.

do you think others are alone? :undecided: I help you get understand it, "do you think that a nude woman may remain as it is in front of drunks for a very long?" :confused:

What is this problem you have with Australia?

Why not ? Does India think that Australia should not be listed on the par with India for comparison ?

Because this is what Im finally aimed for :meeting:.

It is a shame that even if Australia is part of Asia, it is being controlled by hardly 20mil western people, who aren’t good with rest of 2mil Asians there also. I had proposed to a make a combined force of Asia to get control over this big continent where people of high population countries may easily go by ‘boats’, and why not if British origins there also went there by boat itself, who then enslaved Asian aboriginals there :angry:

During my talks with political people of Asia, I proposed division of Australia in following way which is under consideration. But, we are mainly waiting for 2-3 years when it may become little hard for West to fund any war. and in a mean time, it was also accepted that even if we may suddenly put 20mil poor of Aisa on the soil of Australia, which won’t take more than 1-2 months if we all Asians try together, then Australia would start smelling in such a way that Westerns will then simply leave this big continent for the poor of Asia :wave:

The division of Australia, as proposed by me to those political people of Asia+Russia was as below, which was accepted by those political people on ‘first cut’ basis but it was also agreed that we will still need to think a lot before putting Asian military there...........

1st part, I asked Western Australia for India, even if it is not as rich state as NSW and Victoria where most of the Indians are based. As, I do believe if India may get control over WA, our high class professionals will finally make this state more successful than others after 8-10 years. I showed my interest in WA also because it falls in Indian Ocean and it will be easy for Indian Navy to handle it.

2nd, I did have to accept that China will have to play a major role so its fair to offer China the most wealthy states of Australia, the New South Wales and Victoria both, who account for 80% GDP of Australia. But these two states would go to China without Sydney……....

3rd, we did have to accept that we will first need Russia to put a gun over E27, mainly on Britain, to get our work done in Australia. So here, I offered Sydney+ACT+Tasmania to Russia which would be used to migrate all those Russians who wish to come to Australia, including those Russian based in former Soviet states like Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan etc. and yes, Sydney would go to the man who would demonstrate that he may fcuk fathers of those British origins who captured Australia. and yes Russia is the one…...

4th, I offered Northern Territory to ASEAN nations which would be under control of Indonesia only. It was because first NT is very rich with minerals, having highest per capita income in Australia, and with that it is the closest location to Indonesia which will make Indonesia very easy to control over NT. But I also made a condition that Indonesia will have to first give an easy assess to Bangladeshi Muslims and then others from ASEAN nations. (also because NT is very low populated and Bangladesh very highly populated....)

5th, I offered South Australia to Arabs + Pakistanis which would go in control of Pakistan only. I made a point that economy size of WA for India, and SA for Pakistan is same and Pakistan would get something good which may keep Pakistani nationals always superior to other Arabs while saying, "Pakistan do has a land where Arabs would like to move." :cheers:
(South Australia is also as mineral rich as WA and NT.)

6th, Queensland was left on side for any type of further negotiations.......

This is how I divided Australia among different Asian nations in five main parts, 1st WA for India, 2nd NSW+VIC to China including Melbourne, Sydney+Tasmania to Russia, and NT to ASEAN+Bangladesh under control of Indonesia, SA to Arabs+Pakistanis under control of Pakistan. with keeping Queensland on side for further negotiations :meeting:

But here we first have to make a world where the criterion of ruling a country would be based on, “those who win they rule” and this is how militaries of China+India+Russia+Pakistan+Indonesia may get enough right to fight for the justice for whole Asia, who had lost such a big land of Australia to British in 18th century. :tup:

Hence, my dear Asian friends, please help me create an environment where we may give enough space to our those Asian+Russian politicians where ‘first cut’ proposed of division of Australia was approved by ‘common consensus’, to do justice with whole Asia :tup:

map_of_australia.jpg

^^ I'm sorry, are you being serious??!!

things are written on the wall, you just have to open your eyes and read it :pop:

even if India+China may put 4 aircrafts carriers with 30 submarines and 30 frigates/destroyers near Australia, with 20 russian nuclear submarines and aircraft carrier to control the rest of the world for just 2 weeks. then with Indonesia having 1000 ships carrying 100,000 people to put on the soil of Australia, then those 100,000 indonesian poor will never leave Australia and will fight for their rights in Australia after that. which will itself be enough to break down Australian economy/ laws/ their rules and westerns will then simply take whatever they can and run from there :wave:

we have strength and we want something out of it. if you look on the division also, Sydney+Tasmania together do suit riches of Russian origins. Western Australia is big and have less GDP then Indian professionals may make it worthy after just 8-10 years. SA is half in size of WA but of same economy size to WA which is becasue except Pakistan, none of Arab countries are overly populated. here, Northern Territory is very big and have very small population and very rich with minerals, all what the Balgladeshis want in return and with that, they will have similar life style with Indonesian Muslims and other ASEAN region people under control of Indinesia which is very close to Indonesia also. and yes, China deserve NSW+Victoria who are the richest states of Australia. also, these two states will then get more progress under Chinese rule, we found. :china:

Queensland is left on side to see who/what else are left which would be fulfilled through this state :)

Back
Top Bottom