What's new

Australia in hot water over 'very serious breach'

In an earlier post in this thread, I showed the charts of approval rates for air arrivals -- only 60% approval rate, compared to 90% for boat arrivals.

The system is fair and bogus applicants are rejected. The biggest source of bogus applicants are China and India (both by air), yet the media keeps harping about Sri Lankans and Middle Easterners coming by boat.

As i pointed out, we have a "Genuine, until proven not" based system so of course 90% get approved. They couldn't possibly verify every single story by going to their village etc. They have to offer little evidence that they are in danger except a well rehearsed story.

There is no racism in Australia. I am a Pakistani living in Melbourne and I am speaking my heart out on that.

Actually, the fears are unfounded. There is no evidence that asylum seekers include terrorists or criminals.

Actually, they aren't unfounded. Numerous so called "refugees" who have come by boat have had their claims refused on terrorism grounds and some were granted asylum only to be arrested for plotting terror attacks in Australia.

This one is most notable Holsworthy Barracks terror plot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They had all come to Australia has refugees.

There is no racism in Australia. I am a Pakistani living in Melbourne and I am speaking my heart out on that.
I second that, though it is difficult trying to convince people of South Asia.

Actually, they aren't unfounded. Numerous so called "refugees" who have come by boat have had their claims refused on terrorism grounds and some were granted asylum only to be arrested for plotting terror attacks in Australia.

This one is most notable Holsworthy Barracks terror plot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They had all come to Australia has refugees.

What is that in percentage terms?
Try taking those percentages to a serious discussion and you will be laughed out.

National policies should be based on rational logic, not hysteria.

It is amazing to the pontification and trying to take the moral high ground by people who practice none of what they try to preach to others.

And it is even more amazing that they think they have a right to keep doing this and making more and more demand on others as they are getting away with so much hypocrisy already.

They have understood (and with justification) that the secular democratic societies don't have the stomach to do the right thing and can be kept under pressure by such rhetoric, political correctness and sometime by petty vote bank politics.

As an example, in Sweden no one (media, politicians even general public) can comment on what is going on...

Than stop complaining when the Australian Navy enters your waters to do your job even if they pay you millions in aid to do just that.

Well tell that to Australian too, who are complaining about Indonesia rejecting their tow-back program.

Funny, you do sound like Aussie's right wing who loves to brag about the "aid", that "aid" thing is a thing that Indonesia never asked for, that aid thing went through AUSAID, mainly to assist schools and exchange programs as well as scholarships, compared to the state budget that aid thing is not even half of one percent of the state budget talking about its significance. Indonesian students who are currently studying in Australia pay similar number of that aid thing to Australia. Call it a win-win then.

It's clear that Indonesia is moving to a hostile footing as it refuses to stop sending boats to breach Australia's territory and is now building up its marine corps which are used as a first off the boat invasion force.

The U.S should immediately stop providing Indonesian with military equipment and Australia should immediately stop training Indonesian special forces as Indonesia is making its hostile intentions clear.

marine corps, boat invasion? well if you are trying to make me laugh, you have succeeded.

These bases which belong to marines are in the north coastal sides of Java Islands (Jakarta and Surabaya), with Sorong (Papua) as the third base. Sorong is also facing north. And as far as i can remember, Australia is down to our south right? so tell me again about marine corps being a first off the boat invasion force.

Actually Indonesia does have a responsibility. Indonesia is allowing criminal organizations to breach our border by using Indonesian Territory as a launching pad for the boats.

if roles were reversed and boats were coming from Australia with illegal immigrants, the Australian government would make every effort to stop them. Australia makes every effort to stop criminal drug smugglers from smuggling drugs into Indonesia, imagine if the Australian government said "meh, not our problem, it's your problem" and allowed drug smugglers to freely fly to Indonesia with drugs?

Really? then why are there many aussies drug smugglers in Indonesian prisons? Yeah so much about "preventing criminal organization".

Imagine this thing, your house is next to mine, and the only way for people to go to my house is through your lawn. Then one day, a homeless guy walks through your lawn without any permission in order to go to my house, will you stop the homeless guy from getting out of your lawn or will you let him get out of your lawn? I thing we both can conclude your answer (not the hipocrite one).

It's not Abbots fault. Indonesia is purposely chest thumping and escalating things because of the upcoming Indonesian election. Australia is acting civil and not Hostile but then Indonesia responds with hostility as proven by these recent reports that Indonesia is now building up it's military.

Indonesia will just need to accept that Australias borders will never ever be controlled by Indonesian criminal people smugglers.

Not hostile? Well to you maybe an authorized border breaching is not considered hostile, but to the sane people, that is a more serious thing than letting illegal immigrants to go to other people's territories.

And Australia will just need to accept that Indonesia is not controlled by Canberra and is not Canberra's front office.

What is that in percentage terms?
Try taking those percentages to a serious discussion and you will be laughed out..

Percentages are irrelevant to my point. My post was in response to your claim that there hadn't been any incidents of refugee terrorists coming which is untrue,.

National policies should be based on rational logic, not hysteria.

It is based on logic. The Australian government should decide who comes to Australia via our immigration policies, not Criminal Indonesian people smugglers.

You simply can't get much more logical than that.

Indonesia is letting criminal organizations use their territory as a base for their illegal operations. The Indonesian government knows full well the operations they are conducting and freely allows them to board boats with their clients to sail to Australia.
Wrong. Australia got no proof that Indonesian govt. is willingly allowing/abetting it. Even if it did, Australian govt. can't breach international law... It can sink the boats trying to enter Australian waters though....

It is based on logic. The Australian government should decide who comes to Australia via our immigration policies, not Criminal Indonesian people smugglers.

You simply can't get much more logical than that.

You can. The only problem here is Australia don't want to accept the refugee, the most logical solution withdraws from UN refugee convention or teach your judge to refuse all refuge.

Imagine if Australia allowed drug smugglers to freely depart Australia to Indonesia with their drugs and said "well we don't want them in Australia, so we will just allow them to go on their way to Indonesia"

Australia already did that, we simply execute or imprison them. No drama needed.

Last edited:
Australia has a proper process for claiming asylum in Australia. We take in a quota of 13,000 - 15000 refugees a year from the UNHCR. The reason these people come by boat illegally to Australia is because they want to bypass our refugee intake program and jump the queue.

They are cheats, plain and simple. People like Developereo will desperately try to convince you its some sort of racist media conspiracy, but it isn't. Australians don't like cheats plain and simple. Ours immigration and refugee intake programs will never be allowed to be dictated by criminals.

That's the sad part, we give them aid to stop illegal activity that they then aid.

Why are you continue spreading the Myth of proper channel?

There are no "proper channel" in UN convention. The only "proper channel" is presenting yourself to host countries legally or illegally. UNHCR only in a capacity to assist and protect those refugees having dificulty to reach refuge countries through resettlement program. Those who can reach refuge countries legally or illegally like those boat peoples are the jurisdiction of the host countries to process and giving them asylum.

Those 13000 quota from UNHCR are UN resettlement program separate from the convention regarding national obligation to process whoever present in host countries.
UNHCR resettlement program is not substitute for national's procedure. Get your facts right!

UNHCR - UNHCR seeking details on reports of boats forced back from Australia
"UNHCR would be concerned by any policy or practice that involved pushing asylum-seeker boats back at sea without a proper consideration of individual needs for protection. Any such approach would raise significant issues and potentially place Australia in breach of its obligations under the Refugee Convention and other international law obligations."

UNHCR - Australia: Proposed new border control measures raise serious concerns

"This is even more worrying in the absence of any clear indications as to what might be the nature of the envisaged offshore processing arrangement. If it is not one that meets the same high standards Australia sets for its own processes, this could be tantamount to penalising for illegal entry. The widely adhered to practice is for signatory states to the 1951 Refugee Convention, like Australia, to provide to asylum seekers access to a full and fair refugee status determination process to determine their protection needs, implemented by the state authority, with the real possibility of timely and appropriate solutions; exclusion of any possibility of refoulement; and that asylum seekers should be able to live in humane, decent conditions which respect family unity while waiting for their claims to be processed and a solution found.

UNHCR would not normally substitute for a well-established national procedure such as Australia's."

Last edited:
Than stop complaining when the Australian Navy enters your waters to do your job even if they pay you millions in aid to do just that.

You stupid fucking ignorant bastards, who the **** give you any permits for unintended Naval forces to crossing your home border and doing their activities here illegally? We are talking in Government to Government relations, Indonesian government doesn't take any part in smuggle activities which is done by their civil, and can you using that reason to justify any Warships from Australia to entering her border illegally?

For the aid, if you know nothing about those aid, you should shut up your yap and milking some Asstralian milk instead, fucking asshole

You stupid fucking ignorant bastards, who the **** give you any permits for unintended Naval forces to crossing your home border and doing their activities here illegally? We are talking in Government to Government relations, Indonesian government doesn't take any part in smuggle activities which is done by their civil, and can you using that reason to justify any Warships from Australia to entering her border illegally?

For the aid, if you know nothing about those aid, you should shut up your yap and milking some Asstralian milk instead, fucking asshole

Lady,that's one foul mouth you got there ! Lol , i pitty the boyfriend/husband.:woot:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom