What's new

Aung San Suu Kyi meets PM, says it's good to be back

Ammyy

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Aung San Suu Kyi meets PM, says it's good to be back

Myanmar's pro-democracy iconic leader Aung San Suu Kyi on Wednesday met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and discussed the political transition going on in her country. The talks between Manmohan Singh and Suu Kyi focused on the process of political reforms in Myanmar and the need to scale

Aung San Suu Kyi pays tribute to Mahatma Gandhi, Nehru
up relations between the two countries, said official sources.
Suu Kyi began her six-day visit to India Tuesday, her first trip to the country where she studied after a quarter century.

"It's good to be back in India," the Nobel laureate told a TV news channel Wednesday morning.

"It feels very good to be in India, and I am glad that I can still recognise parts of Delhi," she said.

Suu Kyi studied at the Convent of Jesus and Mary School and graduated in political science from Lady Shri Ram College, one of Delhi's most reputed colleges for women, when her mother was Burma's envoy to India.

kyi-manmoahn650.jpg

She is expected to meet students and the faculty of LSR, as her college is known.

On the political level, she said she wanted closer relations between the people of the two countries because a gulf had emerged in recent years.

Suu Kyi and her mother -- Suu Kyi's father was a friend of Nehru -- lived in the 1960s on 24 Akbar Road, now the headquarters of the Congress party.
Suu Kyi is also scheduled to meet Vice President Hamid Ansari, Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar, Congress president Sonia Gandhi and External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid.

She will visit The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) in Gurgaon, before flying to Bangalore and Andhra Pradesh.

India honoured Suu Kyi with the Jawaharlal Nehru Award for International Understanding in 1992 while she was under house arrest under the military government in Myanmar.

Aung San Suu Kyi meets PM, says it's good to be back - Hindustan Times

I feel myself partly a citizen of India: Suu Kyi

New Delhi : Myanmar s iconic pro−democracy leader Aung Sang Suu Kyi Friday said she felt that she was "partly a citizen of India". "I feel myself partly a citizen of India", said Suu Kyi while being felicitated at the Lady Shri Ram College here. Suu Kyi had studied political science in the college in the 1960s.

"I always knew I would come back to this hall where I had learned to sing one of Gandhi s favourite songs − Raghupati Raghava Raja Ram . I feel myself partly a citizen of India," she said.

The Nobel laureate, who spent her childhood and early adolescence in New Delhi while her mother served as Burma s envoy to India, returned here on a six−day visit, during which she is to meet India s leaders as well as friends from her school and college days.

"Coming back to LSR is not just coming back home, it is coming back to a place where I know my aspirations have not been wrong. I have learnt that my faith in the oneness of human aspirations is justified. I m coming to a place where I can feel that my hopes have not been in vain," she said.

The charismatic leader, who spent decades under house arrest and is known for her heroic struggle against the all−powerful military junta in Myanmar, spoke about principles in politics. "Principles must always exist in politics. Unprincipled politics is the most dangerous thing in the world.

If you compromise on your principles, I think you d better stop engaging in politics," she said. Suu Kyi, who battled the Myanmar military junta, did her schooling here at the Convent of Jesus and Mary before joining LSR, one of Delhi s most reputed women s colleges.

For higher education, she moved to St. Hugh s College, Oxford University. She was also a Fellow for two years, along with her late husband Michael Aris, at the Indian Institute of Advanced Studies, Shimla. Over the years, she came to be influenced by Mahatma Gandhi and Buddhist thoughts.

Suu Kyi s six−day visit to India ends Sunday. She is also set to visit Bangalore and two villages in Andhra Pradesh to study women s empowerment and development models.

Indian Defence News - I feel myself partly a citizen of India: Suu Kyi

Hindutva goons and Burmese lapdog together again..... What a lovefest..... What's the plan.... How many more muslims you planning to kill....

Hindutva goons and Burmese lapdog together again..... What a lovefest..... What's the plan.... How many more muslims you planning to kill....

Then you cry me a River when Indians Troll in your Threads . She Remained in House Arrests for more than 15 years for something she believed in . She has More Spine than you ever will have trolling on Internet under a Pseudonym .

You are from a country which cries and beat chests and Bang head on walls over Rohingya Issue and when they come to your country for refugee you start Killing them . Set your House in order first before you vomit on this thread again .

No ones killed a rohingya in Bangladesh....

Sui kyi is a daughter of a military dictator..... Married a white guy ..... Stayed in a few years in jail .... Big deal..... She ain't no saint and has no philosophy..... Just a corporate western tool....

Teach her well hindutva goon..... She is picking up antimuslim rhetoric like fascist born.....

Sui kyi is a daughter of a military dictator..... Married a white guy ..... Stayed in a few years in jail .... Big deal..... She ain't no saint and has no philosophy..... Just a corporate western tool....

Teach her well hindutva goon..... She is picking up antimuslim rhetoric like fascist born.....

Rohingya is not India's issue, its Bangladesh's and Myanmar's bilateral issue not related to India.

Rohingya has nothing to do with Bangladesh.... But they are Muslims ....

Sui kyi is just a fascist ..... As such is so chummy with hindutva goons... You have taught her well in the ways of islamophobia

For the post bolded in Black

Persecuted Burmese tribe finds no welcome in Bangladesh | World news | The Guardian
Bangladesh turns away Rohingyas | DAWN.COM
Bangladesh turns away Rohingyas fleeing Myanmar unrest – The Express Tribune

For the Part Highlighted in Red :
Aung San Founded the Modern Burmese Army and Negotiated Independance of Burma from the British and was killed in the Same year . If that Makes him a "Military dictator " you are being Retarded . I know you guys don't respect your own Freedom fighters like mujibur Rehman and Others but others do . Please keep that in mind while brain farting again .

For the Part in Blue :
If She Married a White guy what is your problem . Is your Bangladeshi Masculinity hurt by it ??

For the Part in Green:

Try Living in Jail or house arrest for 15 years and say it again . Kids these days . everything seems small to them .

For the part in Pink :
Yes Only you are a Saint and a Living Epitome of Philosophy . Confucius , Mark Aurelius , Socrates , Plato , Aristotle etc must be turning in their graves for missing the opportunity to meet you .

And your line underlined by me doesn't even makes Sense . Try taking a cold shower and then a coffee . Get your Thoughts together and frame something coherent and reply back .

Sui kyi is just a fascist ..... As such is so chummy with hindutva goons... You have taught her well in the ways of islamophobia

What can you do about that ??? Nothing ...

Go and cry a river .......

yes we plan to clean Mayanmar from muslims.... any problem????

yes we plan to clean Mayanmar from muslims.... any problem????

That remains to be seen I suppose.... I am glad you are proud to be a hindutva goon..... I respect your candour.....

That remains to be seen I suppose.... I am glad you are proud to be a hindutva goon..... I respect your candour.....

Yes my status is always known on PDF. I am proud Hindutva executive. :azn:

I am proud to be hindu and not the "goon"

Yes my status is always known on PDF. I am proud Hindutva executive. :azn:

I am proud to be hindu and not the "goon"

Well thank you for clarifying that and here poor me thinking the two concept can not possibly be mutually exclusive....

So what does it take to be an executive? How many Muslims did it take ..... Wink wink.... U know what I mean...

Back
Top Bottom