What's new

Audi announces A6 production in India

Status
Not open for further replies.

Singh Balwinder

New Recruit

Reaction score
Audi, the German luxury car manufacturer, has announced the start of production of the all new Audi A6 in India in Aurangabad. More than 2,000 units of the next generation Audi A6 will run off the production line every year, in the initial years, at the Group’s Aurangabad facility. The official start of production was announced in the presence of Kurt Romeiss, Senior Manager Quality, Audi A6, Jürgen Krieger, Senior Manager PreSeries Center, Audi Neckarsulm and Michael Perschke, Head, Audi India. Dr. Leopold-Theodor Heldman, Consul General, Federal Republic of Germany in Mumbai, graced the occasion as the guest of honour.

“The production of the all new Audi A6 underlines our growing presence in the Indian market and reiterates our long term commitment to customers in India. The commencement of production of this next generation Audi A6 is in line with our long term strategy for India and is a precursor to its much-awaited launch later this year,” said Michael Perschke, Head, Audi India.

Manufacturing of the new Audi A6 will take place in 16 work cycles on one production line at the Aurangabad plant, securing local employment for 126 individuals for the next years to come. The new Audi A6 will be offered with a choice of diesel and petrol engines.

The brand with the four rings also produces the Audi A4 and the Audi Q5 in Aurangabad and has produced around 5,000 cars since the commencement of local production in September 2007. Audi India aims to manufacture more than 4,600 units in 2011, compared to 2,466 units last year. By 2015, Audi India targets to roll out up to 6,000 units each year.
Audi announces A6 production in India

new Audis are good cars...i used to find Audis rubbish but the thing i love about Audis are their interiors, as well as those daytime running LEDs -look really cool

screw the A6. I'll take an S8!

Audi A6 : And the world will drive a car manufactured in a plant in India.

audi-0018.jpg

Audi in big cities is not much of a Luxury car...Bentley, Maybach, Rolls Royce...these are real luxury cars.

does it mean the cost of a6 also goes down??

All these companies purely loot the customer more for brand name rather then for product cost....

All these companies purely loot the customer more for brand name rather then for product cost....

You should drive an Audi and you will know why the cost is high. You need to pay for the premium.

I used to have an A4, Audi is quite liquid drinker. So how the common Indians are going to afford it? Or do you have a new Engine capable of running on "Cow P*ss"?:lol:

By the way, what is the point in a country where well over 90% people or over a billion people live on less than $2 a day and below the poverty line?

And Yeah, I know you have few billionaires, is this plant for few billionaires and millionaires? What a waste.

People, don't reply to this guy. He is a troll.

new Audis are good cars...i used to find Audis rubbish but the thing i love about Audis are their interiors, as well as those daytime running LEDs -look really cool

screw the A6. I'll take an S8!

Agreed bro, I had A4 for 3 years, changed it in 2010 with a SUV. But Audi was a fantastic drive, no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom