What's new

Attack on Srilankan cricket team in Lahore

Sad event. Hats off to our elite police force who were protecting the convoy. MashAllah it's quite visible who's professional in dealing with such terrorism. A mere convoy of police was able to fight back against 12 armed gunmen who were probably planning this for months. Seriously, I can't be more proud of Elite force who were overwhelmed by this act yet they managed to defend and laid their lives in order to protect the guests.

Our neighbours should definitely learn a few things or two from this event and our elite police force. As far as pointing the fingers at RAW is concerned, it's too soon to do that. If we start doing that, we'll only lower ourselves to their hideous level, where they pointed a billion fingers at us while the Mumbai carnage was STILL active.

May our Jawaans rest in Peace.

First no disrespect to the people who laid there life heroically to save the guests.

But what you are typing here is BS of nth degree. 12 people armed to the teeth come in and attack an international convey what the whole security apparatus was doing haan? SLEEEPING or what and not a single attacker is killed or arrested. Do you even think before typing the garbage?

Stop BSing.

This is sad news for Pakistan...I sincerely hope these attackers are caught and hanged.Pakistan should have provided more security.OTOH, I am proud of these police men.They handled 12 attackers easily where as the whole squad team could not control terrorists in India!!

Last edited:
In such time of grief tension and sadness,I PERSONALLY OFFER MY SINCER AND HELPING hand of friendship to people of pakistan .
I hope things get better for pakistanis. May the god bless the soul of those who died and give better health to people who are injured.
These animals who attacked innocent people will not be spared by Allah. They will face it for sure. Now sooner than later.
I request people here to not make it India Pakistan bashing forum. This is the time we both need to get together and fight.

Last edited:
First no disrespect to the people who laid there life heroically to save the guests.

But what you are typing here is BS of nth degree. 12 people armed to the teeth come in and attack an international convey what the whole security apparatus was doing haan? SLEEEPING or what and not a single attacker is killed or arrested. Do you even think before typing the garbage?

Stop BSing.

You're reported for acting like a genuine troll. First you talk about how you mean "No disrespect" to the people who laid their lives and then you're talking about how the entire force was sleeping? I'm sorry, but we're not talking about the Incompetent forces of India over here. You're a Moron of giant proportions. I seriously hope you get what you're itching for. If the Incompetence of your entire "State" was sparked by my comment then I feel sorry for you. Go troll around somewhere else.

You're reported for acting like a genuine troll. I seriously hope you get what you're itching for. If the Incompetence of your entire "State" was sparked by my comment then I feel sorry for you. Go troll around somewhere else.

You have done what you wanted na. Now stop running the rhetoric

d4acc2b8bd23dd0266734a7bd11e8310._.jpg

12f204e4ffd42e65f72d3f9c566e06b9._.jpg

Disgraceful, attacking sportsmen is just plain disgraceful.

I hope the perpetrators are caught, heck atleast identified so that everybody else knows about them.

I hope that GoP is also able to bring teams to Pakistan in the future, assure them safety. It should not lead to abandoning any sporting events. That would be equivalent to defeat infront of these terrorists. And we should stand up.

All pakistani indian american at a global level we need to send some strong message to these terrorist that WE ARE NOT AFRAID you can not kill our spirit and we will fight back harder than you can think about.

Inzamam-ul-Haq to GEO TV, “This is the first time that a cricket team has been seriously targeted. This is the most serious incident that has ever happened. Pakistan’s image will be hit and only time will tell how much damage has been done to Pakistan cricket. The World Cup too might be affected. Preparations for the world cup will start much before 2011 and no country would want to come now to Pakistan. As I said, we will know the extent of damage to our cricket in some time. So I am worried where Pakistan will get a chance to play, not only in Pakistan but outside as well. This is all so sad.”

Pakistan should immediately improve intelligence agency (FIA).They need to make it more army based like ISI then it will be far better.

This is very very unfortunate incident. I feel bad for the men who lost their lives. The criminals must be caught, punished and the brain must traced. I will be the first cursing RAW,if it is indeed involved in the attack.

@ Pak members -

I can understand your emotions. I felt same at the time of Mumbai attack. But please, refrain from commenting prematurely. This will get you nowhere. :disagree:

How will you feel if I said - "ISI is behind all this, as it knew RAW is going to be blamed" or "GoP is behind this, because it wanted back lost sympathy of Pak people".

In Mumbai case, India HAD the proofs. Nobody can deny it. And that's what you should do if you want to catch RAW red handed and you want the world to take you seriously.

Best luck.

Cricinfo update:

A helicopter landed on the centre pitch at Gaddafi stadium in Lahore. The Sri Lankan cricketers and support staff hurried towards the chopper, dragging their luggage. Some of the cricketers took pictures of the helicopter before boarding it. They will be flown to the airport from where they will leave for their country via Abu Dhabi.

Stop BSing.

Only if you knew anything about the tactics of a security detail, you would understand the bravery and professionalism involved in this incident by the Pakistani Police. To sum it up for you, basicially the tactics of a security detail require that the primary objective is to protect the VIP first and than secondly eliminate/thewart the attempted murder. And if you notice this is exactly what they did. Protect first and than fight. So usually when this happens all the security gaurds usually huddle very tightly around the VIP thus taking the bullets, and then secondly fighting back. Keep in mind there is quite a bit more to this but I summerazied it for you!

Now if you look at the video, the terrorists "who are armed to the teeth" are moving around very slowly indicating that they are carrying heavy weight. So other than the duffle bags, they are definatly wearing heavy bullet proof jackets, not the crapy flak vests. These jackets should be able to stop the 7.62mm round fired by an AK-47, which is one of guns the police uses (along with MP-5s). Combine the protective gear, weapons and ridiculusly professional training that these guys had on their side along with perhaps months of intelligence and survellence plus the surprise factor, we are all very impressed by the professionalism of the Pakistani Police. Usually surviving a nicely planned ambush such as this one is very hard to survive.

So you are wrong that the police should have done better, just the fact that all the VIPs are safe tells you something. Now to compare the operations conducted by the "Indian Para Commandos" during the Mumbai raid when the terrorists from Pakistan besieged the city, the results were far from these and they were the elite widely regarded by many a professional CT unit. I wonder what happened there, there are even reports that some of the hostages might have been shot by them. And thats here in Canada buddy, a neutral source if not pro Indian.

Rameez Raja on cricinfo: I was entering through Ferozpur gate – this incident had happened near Liberty market gate – I heard the blast and the commotion. I never thought we will face a situation like this in Pakistan where sportspersons will be targeted. We have to get united and fight the terrorists. The civil society, sportsmen have to wake up and raise their voice. Time for staying quiet is over. Sri Lanka have always helped us and they are our friends in the cricketing world. Our way of life has been targeted. Our favorite pastime – cricket- has been targeted. Younis Khan’s triple ton garnered positive headlines across cricketing world. People had started to come in to watch and we were hoping that cricket would revive in Pakistan. Then this has happened.

Back
Top Bottom