What's new

Attack on PNS Mehran Base - PAF Faisal Base

I am not a guy who believe conspiracy but i am disturbed that even after 3 hours CNN did not cover this news .. usually they do in few minutes .

Nothing in the British media either..I agree its highly peculiar but I suspect there is a bit of 'Pakistan fatigue' involved..

KARACHI: Militants specifically targeted 'P-3C Orion plane’ in PNS Mehran near PAF Faisal base located along Sharea Faisal, sources said.

Emergency declared in all hospitals in Karachi following these multiple blasts.

MODS please move this thread to navy section..

Our enemy within Pakistan are TTP, who only targets Pakistan and Pakistanis and were formed just a few years ago, after U.S. invasion of Afghanistan. The vast majority of people in North Waziristan are not harming Pakistan and Pakistanis, so why create more enemies within Pakistan that can make it a living nightmare for Pakistan.

WHAT are you talking about? People? TTP, Haqqani Network, Al Qaeda? Not our enemies. Blowing up childrens schools is a good thing? This extremist ideology, no matter whos it is, Afghan or Pakistani Talibani, CANNOT be allowed to spread.

TTP has weakened over the years, dont bring other people into the hands of TTP to make it stronger.

That totally explains the rise in suicide bombers, doesn't it?

America and Pakistan sharing mutual interests is all B.S. America wants a stronger India and a weaker Pakistan and China. America would much rather have India as the next big power than China. And the breakup and turmoil of Pakistan would suit America's interests as it would stop Pakistan from being an energy corrider for China.

So america is funding these fundies? 9/11 was an inside job too, right?

Why on earth would Taliban want to destroy the Pakistani navy who are active on the warm waters of the Arabian Sea and are no where near FATA.

Why on Earth would they want to bomb minority shrines and musjids? Why would they want to help the Afghan Taliban by bombing Nato Tankers?

You proved nothing. Good job.

Other vital assets in this base

dvic332.jpg

do you have any proof that these helis are located there ?

Pakistan: 'Militants' attack Karachi naval air base

Militants have attacked a Pakistani air base in Karachi, the country's largest city, police say.

Explosions and gunshots were heard as the attackers fought with troops at the Mehran naval aviation base. There are reports of casualties.

Eyewitnesses say black smoke is billowing from the base.

Militants in Pakistan have vowed to avenge the killing of Osama Bin Laden by US special forces on 2 May, and have carried out several attacks since then.

"It's a terrorist attack. More than 10 terrorists are inside," provincial home ministry official Sharfuddin Memon told AFP news agency.

"One of the four aircraft inside the premises has been damaged," he added.

Its time for Pakistani military to grow some once this is over advertise these peace of s.h.i.t.s pictures on air and in newspapers find out about there relatives and any jack a.s.s mullah they where involve with destroy there properties and kill the remaining Relatives that's the only way it will stop.

a brave lieutenant and a fireman died:undecided:. Army Sources Reporting at news channel.

Militants specifically targeted 'P-3C Orion plane’ in PNS Mehran near PAF Faisal base located along Sharea Faisal, sources said.

Emergency declared in all hospitals in Karachi following these multiple blasts.

It seem Pakistan will become thinner and thinner after very strong in thick.

Routine attack on GH, Navy, army, people. What can we do cover up the loss of 3 PC Orion ??

Its not as simple as planning the attack through the use of Google Maps, if you know the area, you will find out that access to these particular hangers can be quite tricky as there are a number of obtrusion in place.

There is clear internal support that allows this to occur, the base that was attacked today is always secure and under constant surveillance. However there are certain times that the security is a little lax but one cannot know that information as it is always kept secret.

We have incurred 100\'s of millions of dollars in damage today, I am sure that it cannot be so simple to execute this without any internal support.
The \'obtrusions\' and security mechanisms in place that were obviously breached is a cause for concern, and that is what I stated in my earlier post.

However, understanding the layout of the base and the locations of the P3\'s is not something that requires some deep and pervasive presence of extremist sympathisers in the military - one or two active or former technicians or other personnel with access to the base would be able to provide that information.

The actual execution of the attack, if it involved security personnel at the base allowing \'safe ingress\' to the attackers, is yet to be investigated and determined.

Back
Top Bottom