What's new

Attack on PNS Mehran Base - PAF Faisal Base

OK smart one... You know what the intent of the terrorists were... they wanted to take out the aircrafts but let me ask you, given this is a defence base and is one of the most gaurded and fortified one, why did Pakistan army take so long and why could they not catch atleast one alive ? Why ?

The number of terrorists were less than 5 is what is claimed as against initial reportes of 10-15-20-25. Are 5 so difficult to handle in a Pakistani Military base ?

Why were they not neutralised earlier or taken one alive ?

The first priority of Army was to secure the Assets, and they remained successful in that, as the plane they fired was the first one, they could not fire other planes, thats why it took long.

Initial reports were based on TTP claims that 'they have sent 22 people' for attack. It is becoming habitual of TTP that they take responsibility of every Fart, which I sincerely doubt about their capability.

If you trust on initial reports then there were initial reports as well that 4 of the terrorists have been captured alive.

1101248345-2.gif

According to this article, the Naval Chief has said in a press conference that there were total 5-7 terrorists, the first thing they did after crossing the wall war firing RPG's at the Orions. When In response the watch towers started firing at them, two of them jumped the wall and ran away while remaining returned fire. The response team arrived in less than 3 minutes which stopped the terrorists from destroying more aircrafts, the terrorists than ran and hid in the buildings. Three terrorists were shot dead while a fourth blew himself up and none were captures alive.

According to this article, the Naval Chief has said in a press conference that there were total 5-7 terrorists, the first thing they did after crossing the wall war firing RPG's at the Orions. When In response the watch towers started firing at them, two of them jumped the wall and ran away while remaining returned fire. The response team arrived in less than 3 minutes which stopped the terrorists from destroying more aircrafts, the terrorists than ran and hid in the buildings. Three terrorists were shot dead while a fourth blew himself up and none were captures alive.

Again the theory of 10 -11 terrorists falls flat.

the people are questioning the capabilities of TTP...but aren't they the one in colloboration with AQ, Haqqani and other terrorist organisations are giving tough time to nato in afganistan...??? they are very much capable.. we have seen in the past attacks on various millitary installations ...

I think the attacked was preplanned with the insider help... u cannot bring that much of arsenal near to millitary bases and see the opportunity that u have P3C orion there to attack.. it may be mere coincidence that they have found the orions there or it is a inside job beacuse without intel they could not know that the orions are there or not...

Funny that you have to show the distinction. In the court of law the punishment will be life imprisonment vs hang till death. Does it matter ?

^^ Yeah it matters.

And inside job would require that entire establishment of the country to be hanged by their balls, on the other hand, some gaddar alone would have to face the gallows. Also, a state sponsored act (i.e. an inside job) has a different connotation in world affairs and in the international community, imagine, it is finally revealed that 9/11 was orchestrated by Bush himself or Mumbai by RAW (just giving an example, no need to go gung ho on this), so in this case the US invasion of Afg and the indian itch to attack Pakistan both stands void, the consequence, well i am sure you are sane enough to understand the remainder.

So see, they both are different, or else there would have been the same punishment for man-slaughter and a first degree murder, no?

Did he just rolled off the bed , put on his beret and came to fight terrorists armed to the teeth. Where is his uniform, bullet proof jacket and webbing. I saw in news many of your Ranger soldiers walking around wearing T-Shirts with name RANGER stamped on the back. Is this not their drill uniform. Why are they wearing this in a combat zone. Their SOP kind of sucks.

Again the theory of 10 -11 terrorists falls flat.

what can you do when your Interior minister has committed a blunder. There has been a lot of criticism on him, because he showed pic of a dead terrorist on his blackberry. . IDIOT!

what can you do when your Interior minister has committed a blunder. There has been a lot of criticism on him, because he showed pic of a dead terrorist on his blackberry. . IDIOT!

BTW, I have the same phone. He wanted to show some proof that they were indeed killed.

BTW, I have the same phone. He wanted to show some proof that they were indeed killed.

oo hoo. I have no problem with the phone. But there was no need to show these pics in public. Everyone knew there was a terrorist attack and will be taken down sooner or later. .

Did he just rolled off the bed , put on his beret and came to fight terrorists armed to the teeth. Where is the bullet proof jacket and webbing. I saw in news many of your Ranger soldiers walking around wearing T-Shirts with name RANGER stamped on the back. Is this not their drill uniform. Why are they wearing this in a combat zone. Their SOP kind of sucks.

No need to behave like a nun here.

The guy is probably the one guarding the outer periphery of the naval base, not the one who were actually fighting out the terrorists in a CQB environment. The guys (SSG N, elites etc) always wear BPJs when going inside the hot zone, if you must have seen the news clips regarding the attack you must have seen that there was an hell lot of uniforms outside the base for something like an outer cordon. i know every soldier should be wearing a BPJ, but the question is can we (or for that matter you military) afford them? Please, take some time out and check how many soldier from your regular Army are in possession of BPJs, and here you are 'worried' about a para-military soldier.

Back
Top Bottom