What's new

At least 4 killed, 14 injured in Karachi suicide blast

Thanks Buddy.. It was real good fun..Was in Srinagar most of the time setting up our new center. Was not posting (for obvious reasons) but wasnt away in the true sense really.. Still used to connect and read thru some interesting posts during the day.. Thanks for asking mate.. :)

I remember being in the middle of a conversation when you turned pink lol

No.. I dont do that.. Its too disheartening.. Just read these up from a World Terrorism Portal somewhere.. If you want I can look up the address and share that..

As simple as all those statistics composed by an Indian Dalit on that piece that I gave you earlier Incredible izen tit

I can surely empathize with that mate.. Trust me when I say this.. While I do hate (from the bottom of my heart) the Pakistani establishment that I believe has used militants as an extension of their state policy, I have nothing but respect and empathy for the Pakistani people who are going thru this crisis (My dad and mum both were born in Pakistan).

You mean like your govt does from its many "consulates" in Afghanistan

I remember being in the middle of a conversation when you turned pink lol

Yeah.. Well, perils of talking on a Pakistani forum and at times being the bearer of bad news/opinions.. But the bans work well in a sense.. Give you some time away and prevent you from being too sucked into the muck that we all keep throwing at each other.. Kind of a blessing in disguise..

Now look at Kaif and yourself..I remember when you guys joined, both of you were so nice and courteous and look now.. Being a PM and TT you dont get the luxury of the breaks that most of us Indians do :)

Yeah.. Well, perils of talking on a Pakistani forum and at times being the bearer of bad news/opinions.. But the bans work well in a sense.. Give you some time away and prevent you from being too sucked into the muck that we all keep throwing at each other.. Kind of a blessing in disguise..

Now look at Kaif and yourself..I remember when you guys joined, both of you were so nice and courteous and look now.. Being a PM and TT you dont get the luxury of the breaks that most of us Indians do :)

Karen after talking to Joe this am I tried to go back to when I first came here but mate some of your Indian mates knock Pakistan as if they have nothing better to do. When we know that we have a lot of similar problems. what the frack is their in saying you are worse than us.

Karen after talking to Joe this am I tried to go back to when I first came here but mate some of your Indian mates knock Pakistan as if they have nothing better to do. When we know that we have a lot of similar problems. what the frack is their in saying you are worse than us.

Nothing really.. If you get hit by 4 bullets and I by 3, Its stupid to say I am better off, because in the end, we are both dead.. And what I replied to Kaif, I mean every word of it about respecting and empathizing with Pakistani people.. You have your bad leaders and we have ours...

Sometimes in the daily verbal battles we lose perspective of that.. a bit of time away always helps in getting it back..

Oh and now we have Indian experts on Pakistan, don't throw stones when you live in glass houses

When you can be an expert on Indian secularism and what not, it doesnt take a genius to be aware of Pakistan, especially on terrorism and radicalism considering that the world's concern and attention is fixed on you guys.

849 civilians + security officials killed in 1st 3 months of 2012 as against 742 in the 1st 3 months of 2011.. So the claim of terrorism going down since closure of supply routes is pretty nonsensical

Wrong. Satp.org's numbers are inaccurate, because they also include target killings, & ethnic violence. A much more reliable source:

January:

Civilians killed: 133
SF killed: 101
Militants killed: 312

February:

Civilians killed: 180
SF killed: 75
Militants killed: 265

March:

Civilians: 207
SF: 72
Militants: 454

Pak Institute for Peace Studies (PIPS), Independent Think Tank in Pakistan

2011 was the only year in last 5 years when the number of terrorists killed was less than number of Civilians+Sec forces killed.. Looking at statistics, the situation in Pakistan seems to be going from bad to worse..

Interesting you Bharatis act like experts on a subject you know nothing about, your claims are laughably bad. 2011 saw a huge drop in violence from the preceding years:

I have gathered data from reputable internal assessment reports & various think tanks, & analyzed how Pakistan has fared in 2009, 2010 & 2011 from the WOT, to see the trends of violence from terrorism, broken up into different regions. The figures for 2011 are updated till October 15, 2011.
Terrorism includes suicide bombings, bombings, gun shootings, target killings & other forms of violence.

These are the results I generated for Pakistan from 2009-2011:

untitled-19.jpg

untitledj.jpg

untitleda-1.jpg

untitledb.jpg

untitledc.jpg

untitledd.jpg

untitledi.jpg

untitledh.jpg

Please do not use this thread for trolling, flaming or baiting. If you don't have anything useful to say, don't post here. I would like to have a serious discussion here.

A summary of the death toll per month from terrorism in 2011:

Let me compile the data of the number of terrorists killed in 2011.

January: 271
February: 191
March: 205
April: 379
May: 262
June: 339
July: 383
August: 207
September: 383
October: 215
November: 482

Total: 3317

Civilian deaths from terrorism in 2011:

January: 205
February: 130
March: 352
April: 295
May: 265
June: 187
July: 352
August: 399
September: 352
October: 151
November: 97

Total: 2605

Please realize that most of the attacks have taken place in the Western parts of Pakistan, & that most of the country has been relatively free from terrorism (as shown in the Excel trends from 2009-2011 of the different regions of the country that I showed you). Most of the civilians have been 'soft targets', where a terrorist blew himself up in a public place etc. As the war between the tribal laskhrs/Army & the terrorists has started, the terrorists have started targeted more 'soft targets'.

@Bilal.. There is no way that one can come up with a 100% accurate number on deaths because what you may call targeted killings, someone may refer to as sectarian violence and so on.. Hence there always will be a gap of 10-15% between multiple sources. Also the drop that you see in 2011 in total deaths is primarily driven by the reduced number of Militants killed as compared to 2010

If you see the attached pic below, you will notice how the trend has changed from 2010 in terms of the ratio of red vs green kills. In 2010 red kills were almost double of green kills. In 2011, it became 1:1 and the trend is carrying on in 2012 (1st 3 months)

sbu8v8.jpg

849 civilians + security officials killed in 1st 3 months of 2012 as against 742 in the 1st 3 months of 2011.. So the claim of terrorism going down since closure of supply routes is pretty nonsensical

pl dont mislead. sectarian violence and terrorist attacks are 2 different evils. terrorist attacks like suicide attacks have gone down. the killings of innocent people in karachi by 'gangs' sponsored by the 3 political parties of karachi is for the control of karachi. this is a self-inflicted wound by ourselves (read MQM/ANP/PPP).

@Bilal.. There is no way that one can come up with a 100% accurate number on deaths because what you may call targeted killings, someone may refer to as sectarian violence and so on.. Hence there always will be a gap of 10-15% between multiple sources. Also the drop that you see in 2011 in total deaths is primarily driven by the reduced number of Militants killed as compared to 2010

If you see the attached pic below, you will notice how the trend has changed from 2010 in terms of the ratio of red vs green kills. In 2010 red kills were almost double of green kills. In 2011, it became 1:1 and the trend is carrying on in 2012 (1st 3 months)

Your statistics are vague, and the numbers unsubstantiated. Read from the source I have quoted, it is much more detailed, it breaks down the nature of the attacks, the details of the casualties, the distribution of the casualties, attack tactics used by the terrorists; as well as other details. Much of the violence satp.org is ethnic violence, target killings; domestic violence, not terrorism. There is difference between target killings & sectarian violence, target killings is a result of political rivalries, whereas sectarian violence has a different dimension. I suggest you study the source I have quoted, it addresses the very questions you have posted in your post, & it is much more authentic than satp.org; which is vague and unsubstantiated. The fact of the matter is, it is very obvious that terrorism in most parts of the country has gone down significantly, & most of the terrorist attacks take place on the remote Western regions of Pakistan now, bordering Afghanistan.

The violence has become much more widespread with only Core Punjab regions being relatively safe. Else almost every other provice has something or the other going on. Whether its KP, Balochista, Sindh and now even the Northern areas..

Plus the attacks are more on the military/police forces.

And where are you getting these random statistics from? Are you pulling in statistics of all random killings in Pakistan? US has 15,000 murders per year FYI. By your logic US must one of the unsafest place on the globe. Have you classified the number of dead into the places where the attacks took place? The attacks in the past used to be all over the place. Now they're by in large concentrated in FATA. Sindh seems maybe 1 or 2 major terrorist attacks in a year. Same with the whole Punjab.

And btw, there's no need to over analyze this and calling each thing a trend and whatnot. Bharatis of course do this to feed their worldview -- it suits their worldview. The fact is that as soon as US leaves Afghanistan, or at least reduces their presence significantly (40,000 or less troops), these terrorist attacks will reduce significantly. This is all because of the WoT, and I don't think too many people are in denial about it. This won't end until US leaves Afghanistan, which should happen by late 2013 or so.

The fact of the matter is, the reason why more number of militants were killed in the previous years was because they had become a threat, & were challenging the writ of the government. Their back has been broken, & their structure dismantled. The attacks in the previous years took all over Pakistan, the attacks are concentrated in the remote Western parts of Pakistan now, bordering the Afghan border. There are only some few thousand militants now (close to 5000-10,000 militants), most of them have been eliminated now.

Back
Top Bottom