What's new

At least 4 killed, 14 injured in Karachi suicide blast

karan.1970

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
At least 4 killed, 14 injured in Karachi suicide blast | The Nation

At least four persons including two policemen were killed while 14 others were injured when a suicide bomber targeted a police vehicle here in Karachi at Malir Halt area on Thursday, police said.
According to the police, the blast was suicide while SSP Rao Anwaar was the target.
Police said that a suicide bomber rammed his explosive-laded motorbike with a police armored personnel carrier in Malir Halt when a police squad was passing through the area. As a result, four persons including two policemen were killed while 14 others were injured. Police official Rao remained safe in the attack. After the incident, police and rescue teams reached on the site and shifted the bodies and injured to near-by hospitals.
The police started investigations of the incident. Meanwhile, Chief Minister Sindh Syed Qaim Ali Shah has sought report of the incident from IG police.

---This seems to be second attack in Karachi today on Police. Earlier, I saw a thread about 3 policemen being killed in a gunfire ambush of a police vehicle..
http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakistans-war/170597-three-policemen-killed-karachi-attacks.html

^ How so? How often do you hear about terrorist attacks in Karachi? This is not FATA.

I guess he was referring to the sectarian violence in Karachi that has claimed over 350 lives in last few months

RIP to dead innocent citizens.

This is a terrorist attack.
TTP has claimed responsiblity and the target was some SSP.

I wonder why TTP is targeting local police?

^ How so? How often do you hear about terrorist attacks in Karachi? This is not FATA.

RIP to dead.

FATA also part of Pakistan and Karachi too, there shouldn't be difference of situation in discussion. Any terrorist attack in Pakistan should be condemned and efforts for peace should be taken equally in Pakistan.

These terrorists are on a mission to destabilize the region through their acts of terror. The great nation of Pakistan has become the prime target, and sadly it’s become a norm to see innocents getting killed. This is not the first time that they’ve targeted security officials. These terrorists have been regularly targeting security officials in their bid to spread fear and chaos among the general public. These terrorists are well aware of Pakistan’s importance in stabilizing the region, and that’s why they are fully focused on turning Pakistan into an unstable country. The U.S. also realizes the importance of Pakistan in stabilizing the region and winning the WOT. And that’s why you see our governments working hard to overcome our differences. We face a common threat in the form of terrorism, and we are confident of eliminating that threat through shared commitment and teamwork.

Our deepest and most heartfelt condolences go to the families and friends of those killed in this deplorable act of terror. We hope justice will be served, and the ones responsible will be caught and punished as soon as possible.

MAJ Nevers,
DET, United States Central Command
U.S. Central Command

These terrorists are on a mission to destabilize the region through their acts of terror. The great nation of Pakistan has become the prime target, and sadly it’s become a norm to see innocents getting killed. This is not the first time that they’ve targeted security officials. These terrorists have been regularly targeting security officials in their bid to spread fear and chaos among the general public. These terrorists are well aware of Pakistan’s importance in stabilizing the region, and that’s why they are fully focused on turning Pakistan into an unstable country. The U.S. also realizes the importance of Pakistan in stabilizing the region and winning the WOT. And that’s why you see our governments working hard to overcome our differences. We face a common threat in the form of terrorism, and we are confident of eliminating that threat through shared commitment and teamwork.

Our deepest and most heartfelt condolences go to the families and friends of those killed in this deplorable act of terror. We hope justice will be served, and the ones responsible will be caught and punished as soon as possible.

MAJ Nevers,
U.S. Central Command

anything that shall happen in Pakistan, or has happened since the closure of NATO supply is linked with opening of NATO supply... be it Gilgit riots, or Karachi violence, Hafiz Saeed...

Pakistan wants to charge 100000 containers while US wants to have old terms, Pakistan is up agaisnt the will of 37 or 48 countries...

I hope the leadership settle the matter in the interest of the country...

MAJ Nevers,
U.S. Central Command

From a facebook page of a pakistani defence analyst.

Isn't she beautiful ? :) The weapon is captured Soviet, ad-on accessories are captured NATO and the ammo is Chinese! That makes it one hell of a Pakistani gun :) !

But jokes aside, there are 5000 containers full of such weapons, explosives and ammunition in the NATO supplies that have been blocked in Pakistan in addition to the 3500 armored vehicles for the US army. This is enough hardware to invade and occupy a country. The fact is simple - If Pakistan allows these supplies to go through, then there would be a massive war upon Pakistan within weeks as ******, Cold start and urban war of the 4GW would be deployed instantly. From Gilgit Baltistan to Fata to Baluchistan to Punjab to Karachi, we are on the brink of an explosive urban war.

Ever since the NATO supplies have been blocked, there is a marked decrease in suicide attacks, BLA insurgency and cross border intrusions from the TTP terrorists. If Pakistani parliament release the NATO supplies, then their hands would soon be read with the blood of Muslims at the hands of crusaders and Hind Zionists. We the patriots are closely watching the Parliament and noting all those who plan to betray the motherland. Khair inshAllah!

24f9ut5.jpg

Syed Zaid Zaman Hamid [Official] | Facebook

I thought violence has come done in 2012 in pakistan, BTW how many attacks were carried out in month of march 2012?

I thought violence has come done in 2012 in pakistan, BTW how many attacks were carried out in month of march 2012?

849 civilians + security officials killed in 1st 3 months of 2012 as against 742 in the 1st 3 months of 2011.. So the claim of terrorism going down since closure of supply routes is pretty nonsensical

849 civilians + security officials killed in 1st 3 months of 2012 as against 742 in the 1st 3 months of 2011.. So the claim of terrorism going down since closure of supply routes is pretty nonsensical

Wow I didn't know that. I really believed that the situation has started to improve.

Wow I didn't know that. I really believed that the situation has started to improve.

2011 was the only year in last 5 years when the number of terrorists killed was less than number of Civilians+Sec forces killed.. Looking at statistics, the situation in Pakistan seems to be going from bad to worse..

2011 was the only year in last 5 years when the number of terrorists killed was less than number of Civilians+Sec forces killed.. Looking at statistics, the situation in Pakistan seems to be going from bad to worse..

But if you notice, the frequency of big attacks, like those with really large number of casualties seem to have more or less stopped.

I wonder where this continuous rise is coming from.

But if you notice, the frequency of big attacks, like those with really large number of casualties seem to have more or less stopped.

I wonder where this continuous rise is coming from.

The violence has become much more widespread with only Core Punjab regions being relatively safe. Else almost every other provice has something or the other going on. Whether its KP, Balochista, Sindh and now even the Northern areas..

Plus the attacks are more on the military/police forces.

Back
Top Bottom