What's new

At least 15 Kerala youth go missing; families suspect ISIS links

ranjeet

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
At least 15 youth from Kerala's Kasaragod and Palakkad districts who had travelled to the Middle East have gonemissing for the last one month and their families suspect they may have joined the Islamic State.

Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan has directed the police to launch a probe into the matter urgently, Kasaragod MP P Karunakaran said.

The families of the youth, including a couple, have not heard from them for the past one month and fear that they have been radicalised after having gone to the Middle East for religious studies.

Kasaragod District Panchayat member V P P Mustafa said that during Eid, the parents of two missing youth received 'Whatsapp' messages saying "we are not coming back. Here there is Divine Rule. You aso should join us".

"We have joined IS to fight US for attacking Muslims", read another message, he said adding the veracity of the messages has to be checked.

On being approached by the families, Karunakaran, Thrikarippur MLA M Rajagopalan and Mustafa informed the Chief Minister about the matter.

Rajagopal said that all those missing were below the age of 30 and highly qualified.

"The Chief minister has asked police to launch a probe into the matter urgently," Karunakaran said today.

He said the family members of the missing youth met him yesterday and brought the matter to his notice.

Hakim, father of Hafesuddin who is among those missing from Kasaragod, told television channels that his son had left a month ago and there was no news from him.

"If he returns as a good man, I will welcome him. If not, I do not want to see even his dead body," he said.

Karunakaran said the family members told him that the youth had left for Middle East a month ago stating that they were going for religious studies.

But for the last one month, their families had no communication from them and so they were suspicious, he said.

The youth hail from Padna and Thrikaripur in Kasaragod district and Palakkad district.

While 11 hail from Padna and Thrikaripur in the northernmost Kasaragod district of Kerala, others are from Palakkad district.

Mustafa said among the missing were Dr Ijas and his dentist wife. They had left home saying they were going to Lakshadweep, he said.

Abdul Rasheed, an engineering graduate, had left home with his wife and a two-year old daughter, stating that they were going to Mumbai for a job.

All the youth hail from middle class families and had been showing keen interest in religious matters since the last two years, Mustafa said.

http://www.business-standard.com/ar...milies-suspect-isis-links-116070900168_1.html

Why Secular parties in God's own country are turning a blind eye towards this growing menace?

I do not know how to react. Let us pray god that they come back like normal human being and live a peaceful life.

Was going to make a thread on this...how does stuff like this even happen:
:hitwall:
In just 4 days - girl converted, indoctrinated in IS ideology, and now she is missing...

conversion-girl-isis.jpg.image.784.410.jpg

After reports said that as many as 16 persons from Kasaragod and Palakkad districts have joined Islamic State, a woman from Thiruvananthapuram has complained that her daughter is also missing.
Bindu, a native of Attukal, said her daughter has been missing since Novemebr 11. She said her daughter Nimisha, who later became Fathima by embracing Islam, married one Eeza,hailing from Palakkad, when she was a BDS student in Kasaragod.

"I had lodged a complaint with the local police in Kasaragod as Nimisha was missing since November 1. Then as per a magistrate's order, the police produced her before the court and she told me that she had married a Muslim. She said she knew the boy only for four days. When I asked the boy about what happened he told me that Nimisha was among those who embraced Islam," Bindu told Manorama News.

Both Eeza and Fathima are believed to be among those went missing. Bindu said the police did not act promptly on her complaints.
The depth and discipline of the terror group in easily finding converts to its cause as well as the near total failure of intelligence agencies in addressing the growing jihadi influence in Kerala is shocking. ...

This is a developing story, watch this space for more details.

I dont believe this, Kerala has HDI as high as Norway and more secular than Europe will ever be, these are just sanghi propaganda to enforce chaddis in order to replace lungis, Those youth must have gone out to seek enlightenment to become new age Buddhas

Lol, nice one.
Kerala is the cesspool of our country. Anyway let them learn their lesson the hard way.

In just 4 days - girl converted, indoctrinated in IS ideology, and now she is missing...

After reports said that as many as 16 persons from Kasaragod and Palakkad districts have joined Islamic State, a woman from Thiruvananthapuram has complained that her daughter is also missing.
Bindu, a native of Attukal, said her daughter has been missing since Novemebr 11. She said her daughter Nimisha, who later became Fathima by embracing Islam, married one Eeza,hailing from Palakkad, when she was a BDS student in Kasaragod.

"I had lodged a complaint with the local police in Kasaragod as Nimisha was missing since November 1. Then as per a magistrate's order, the police produced her before the court and she told me that she had married a Muslim. She said she knew the boy only for four days. When I asked the boy about what happened he told me that Nimisha was among those who embraced Islam," Bindu told Manorama News.

Both Eeza and Fathima are believed to be among those went missing. Bindu said the police did not act promptly on her complaints.
The depth and discipline of the terror group in easily finding converts to its cause as well as the near total failure of intelligence agencies in addressing the growing jihadi influence in Kerala is shocking. ...

This state holds Hinduism in much contempt. So naturally people are not so connected to Hindu culture.

This state holds Hinduism in much contempt. So naturally people are not so connected to Hindu culture.

Truth is majority of the Hindus here are in Ignorance rather than living in contempt, they don't really care what happens outside their little world, while the "minorities" are organised.. Wait until these seculars try touching places like Shabarimala or Guruvayur.

Truth is majority of the Hindus here are in Ignorance rather than living in contempt, they don't really care what happens outside their little world, while the "minorities" are organised.. Wait until these seculars try touching places like Shabarimala or Guruvayur.

I don't see this ignorance really. In fact many Keralites were talking about confiscating Sree Padmanabhaswamy's treasure and spending it for local infrastructure purposes when the initial discovery news broke out. You just need to go to any food review channel on youtube to see Mallus jumping up everywhere talking about the availability of abundance of Beef in their state as if that restores their honor among the comity of nations.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a conversation on youtube just a few days ago where an Indonesian Muslim is admonishing a Mallu to respect his religion.

Ardan Rantemario

Jul 3, 2016

Yea i watched indian food videos and i was like wheres the meat at???

Davie Vinu

Jul 3, 2016

you forgot about us Christians living in India :-)

Anusree Kothuri

Jul 4, 2016
+

Not every Hindu is vegetarian! Many Hindus eat non vegetarian foods!

Ardan Rantemario

Jul 4, 2016
+

+Anusree Kothuri Don't be like that, respect your religion. Don't eat beef

Anagha Menon

Jul 4, 2016
+

Nope, not all Hindus are vegetarians. About 60% of India is actually not vegetarian~

Ardan Rantemario

Jul 4, 2016
+

+Anagha Menon But I like the way Hindus are vegetarians, it makes them truly ahimsa or no violence ~

Anagha Menon

Jul 4, 2016

+Ardan Rantemario I guess. But that's just one branch of Hinduism. It's a very pluralistic culture, rather than a religion, per se, so different schools of Hinduism back in the day used to preach different things. It all boils down to what branch the Hindu's ancestors followed as well as his personal choices. I know a lot of Hindus who have vegetarian families but consume meat themselves. And since Hinduism itself promotes acceptance of difference, eating meat is not a big deal at all.

Ardan Rantemario

Jul 4, 2016
+

+Anagha Menon Hmm in my country (Indonesia), Hindus (especially the Balinese) eat chicken and fish, but beef is a big no no. Yeah probably the teachings are different. Our country used to be colorful Hindu country, my ancestors used to be Hindus or Buddhists, so I know :)
Show less

Anagha Menon

Jul 4, 2016

+Ardan Rantemario Oh! Right. Beef is a big no-no (as you said xD) here as well. Even the non-vegetarians limit themselves to chicken and fish and the like. Though there are some exceptions there too (Beef consumption is pretty popular in the state of Kerala).
Show less

Anusha Shashidhar

Jul 5, 2016

+Steve-rogers Actually, no. Not all Hindus are vegetarians. We do have a VERY large percentage of vegetarians and you will find it hard to get your hands on beef and pork (unless you're in Coorg), but most restaurants actually serve both vegetarian and non vegetarian foods. :) Out of curiosity: What part of India had you been to?
Show less

madhu greenleaf

Jul 6, 2016

Beef is not eaten by 99% of Hindus. A few Hindus from a few states have started eating beef cause they became atheists or under influence of communism, especially state of Kerala.

Ardan Rantemario

Jul 7, 2016
+

+madhu greenleaf Please keep your cultures alive guys... Don't be invaded with muslims or christians... I hope Hinduism will still alive until the world ends...

I don't see this ignorance really. In fact many Keralites were talking about confiscating Sree Padmanabhaswamy's treasure and spending it for local infrastructure purposes when the initial discovery news broke out. You just need to go to any food review channel on youtube to see Mallus jumping up everywhere talking about the availability of abundance of Beef in their state as if that restores their honor among the comity of nations.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a conversation on youtube just a few days ago where an Indonesian Muslim is admonishing a Mallu to respect his religion.

Ardan Rantemario

Jul 3, 2016

Yea i watched indian food videos and i was like wheres the meat at???

Davie Vinu

Jul 3, 2016

you forgot about us Christians living in India :-)

Anusree Kothuri

Jul 4, 2016
+

Not every Hindu is vegetarian! Many Hindus eat non vegetarian foods!

Ardan Rantemario

Jul 4, 2016
+

+Anusree Kothuri Don't be like that, respect your religion. Don't eat beef

Anagha Menon

Jul 4, 2016
+

Nope, not all Hindus are vegetarians. About 60% of India is actually not vegetarian~

Ardan Rantemario

Jul 4, 2016
+

+Anagha Menon But I like the way Hindus are vegetarians, it makes them truly ahimsa or no violence ~

Anagha Menon

Jul 4, 2016

+Ardan Rantemario I guess. But that's just one branch of Hinduism. It's a very pluralistic culture, rather than a religion, per se, so different schools of Hinduism back in the day used to preach different things. It all boils down to what branch the Hindu's ancestors followed as well as his personal choices. I know a lot of Hindus who have vegetarian families but consume meat themselves. And since Hinduism itself promotes acceptance of difference, eating meat is not a big deal at all.

Ardan Rantemario

Jul 4, 2016
+

+Anagha Menon Hmm in my country (Indonesia), Hindus (especially the Balinese) eat chicken and fish, but beef is a big no no. Yeah probably the teachings are different. Our country used to be colorful Hindu country, my ancestors used to be Hindus or Buddhists, so I know :)
Show less

Anagha Menon

Jul 4, 2016

+Ardan Rantemario Oh! Right. Beef is a big no-no (as you said xD) here as well. Even the non-vegetarians limit themselves to chicken and fish and the like. Though there are some exceptions there too (Beef consumption is pretty popular in the state of Kerala).
Show less

Anusha Shashidhar

Jul 5, 2016

+Steve-rogers Actually, no. Not all Hindus are vegetarians. We do have a VERY large percentage of vegetarians and you will find it hard to get your hands on beef and pork (unless you're in Coorg), but most restaurants actually serve both vegetarian and non vegetarian foods. :) Out of curiosity: What part of India had you been to?
Show less

madhu greenleaf

Jul 6, 2016

Beef is not eaten by 99% of Hindus. A few Hindus from a few states have started eating beef cause they became atheists or under influence of communism, especially state of Kerala.

Ardan Rantemario

Jul 7, 2016
+

+madhu greenleaf Please keep your cultures alive guys... Don't be invaded with muslims or christians... I hope Hinduism will still alive until the world ends...

Its Ignorance, they are just going with the flow. A lot of people outside Kerala was also wanting that. There are even RSS folks here who eat BEEF while being a full time Sanghi, i had to tell them the significance of cows in India and why it is held in importance. Now they at least claim they don't eat beef anymore..

99% literacy does not make these people any smarter than rest of the folks...

I am Happy for Kerala... Actually Kerala Should be given independence from India... Atleast India can be saved... and Only Non beef eating and religious Hindus which would be roughly 10-15 % should be allowed to settle in neighboring stated...

Let the Communist and Islamist enjoy each others company ... We put a Cam on all the streets of Kerala watch it on TV like a non-stop BIG BOSS show for 10 years... with this we can educate rest of Indians plus it would be a good entertainment... finally when it becomes boring we nuke the land and return it back to ocean from where it was actually reclaimed ...

She and her family both deserves this... actually its quite easy to convert a Malayali Hindus... I have seen non-Temple going , Hindu god's bashing Hindus fasting during ramadan ... I am very sure many Malayalis out here would have seen the same...

I wish same happens to all the Secular Malayalis ...

Back
Top Bottom