What's new

‘Astra’ goes up in smoke

Isn't it what testing is for - finding defects? One more bug down. But I suppose this "Bug" I would be from the production floor and not from the design dept. Bcoz has that been the case, Astra won't have been tested from SU-30 flying at its cruising altitude.

Buddy there is a limit to failures, it took you 33 years to make LCA Tejas at a cost of 7,399.69 crore (US$1 billion) (LCA total in 2015) and now your own Naval Chief has rejected the LCA citing insufficient engine power at take off, this type of failure is not pillar of success, this is called disaster, ha ha. kis kis ko chutia banao gay India ?
An kind of reply explaining you the reason and showing the mirror would be considered as "Trolling". Hence I would just say, why bothered about us...isnt it better for you guys... let us fail. You laugh at out failures and we learn from it.

Anyways post reported for offtopic comments.

Buddy there is a limit to failures, it took you 33 years to make LCA Tejas at a cost of 7,399.69 crore (US$1 billion) (LCA total in 2015) and now your own Naval Chief has rejected the LCA citing insufficient engine power at take off, this type of failure is not pillar of success, this is called disaster, ha ha. kis kis ko chutia banao gay India ?

Show me one source that Navy cheif rejected it?

insufficient engine power at take off,

Do know Navel LCA is a TD?

LCA Tejas at a cost of 7,399.69 crore (US$1 billion)

Tell me what is the Development cost for other fighters for comparion

I thought this was supposed to be the final trail before the scheduled induction, but only one missile was fired?

If this is the final trail, multi missiles should be fired for the following reasons:

1. Verify the liability if all succeed;
2. Isolate the cause of failure by comparing data from succeed missiles and failed ones;
3. Go back to drawing board if all failed.

It will greatly delay the R&D process if only one missile is tested.

A few years ago pakistanis used to say, "2020 ke pehle Tejas ka kuch nahi hoga", and now this nonsense.
I wonder what silly thing you lot will complain about when Tejas is 100% indigenous and has several squadrons in service.
And no chief of any force has rejected Tejas that is misinformation and Pakistani denial at it best.

Tejas has started induction since this July. Google it.
But don't you fuss about it, we will keep inducting it with or without your approval.
I know you will point a few failures that have mostly been resolved to feel good about yourself but what else can you do about it, its not like Pakistanis have the capacity or the resources to initiate any sort of R&D. As they say, "pehle scooter ka toh engine banalo phir aana mu ladane".
And don't worry, "Jinko chutia banana hai woh chutia ban chuke hain".

Last edited:
At least we are gaining experience & that's all matter. More failures would result better product & expertise..

We are gaining self dependency in missile systems & navy division whether corvettes destroyes submarines or even aircraft carriers. Sooner or later same would happen in our air force division too. You people are too irrelevant & incompetent to question us.

Fyi Also Tejas navy was doubted only for carrier operations..Air force has inducted & has been operating Tejas since long.... It's almost equal to your JF & ours is home made..

Last edited:
Guys,can you please stop quoting "New Indian Express" when it comes for defence stuff??This newspaper always quote "Some missile launch failed" when every other news article declare it successful.Same thing happened several times thats why many among us stopped quoting that newspaper.

Kindly wait for some other news article on that test.

Indianexpress

Exactly... :hitwall::hitwall:

Pakistan should now Panic - Reason being if LCA is a Useless Tin can -- Then we will go for F18/Rafale...

Sunny Jim - Money & Stature Talks, Bullsht Walks

Buddy there is a limit to failures, it took you 33 years to make LCA Tejas at a cost of 7,399.69 crore (US$1 billion) (LCA total in 2015) and now your own Naval Chief has rejected the LCA citing insufficient engine power at take off

Genius, LCA wasn't developed for the Navy in the first place & the navy proposed a new variant powered by GE F414 engine a while back.

Half knowledge is a dangerous thing.

There are also Muslims working in Astra missile program,We should not attack any religion. We are lacking in SAM which is very important for defense. We should concentrate on our indigenous SAM program which is need of hour.
Just a correction, in case you have misinterpreted.

Astra is a BVR missile not a SAM.

Genius, LCA wasn't developed for the Navy in the first place & the navy proposed a new variant powered by GE F414 engine a while back.

Half knowledge is a dangerous thing.
Thats typical Pakistani radical Madrassa knowledge combined with science and tech for you :rofl:. He is a new guy here.

On topic : Lets the say, "we are at least trying".

Indian Missile BVRAAM Fails Trials Yet Again

Indian plans to produce a beyond-visual-range missile that matches French, Russian and Israeli air-to-air missiles have suffered a setback. Despite a reshuffle in DRDO and inking of the MTCR, the Astra failed yet another test.

New Delhi (Sputnik) − The Indian Air Force suffered a heart ache when its home-grown beyond-visual-range air-to-air missile (BVRAAM) failed to perform during a trial held in Balasore on Wednesday. India’s First BVR Missile Astra on Verge of Commercial Production Sources said the 'Astra missile' exploded immediately after it was fired from an aircraft. The missile lost velocity within seconds and banked sharply downwards. It exploded on the eastern coast of Odisha. Astra is being developed by India's Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO). © AFP 2016/ MIGUEL MEDINA India Coaxes France Into Selling its Air-to-Air Missile Equipped Rafale The Modi Government had made top level reshuffles in DRDO in order to make it performance oriented. India has also joined the Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR) which gives it greater latitude to import missile technologies and components. Indian scientists had informed the government in last week of November about their intention to soon test fire the indigenous BVRAAM so that commercial production could start quickly for fitment on MiG-29, Mirage-2000 and the indigenous Tejas. The project has already been delayed for more than four years due to technological challenges and delay in availability of critical components. Last December, scientists had successfully tried the Astra's ECCM (electronic counter-counter measure) features that counter the enemy's attempt to jam its operation. Scientists claim that the 60-km plus missile has high maneuverability and the capability to engage and destroy aerial targets at supersonic speeds. An IAF Sukhoi-30 MKI had fired the Astra during the 'Iron Fist' fire-power demonstration in the deserts of Rajasthan this March. Undeterred by the setback, DRDO scientists are also developing a more powerful BVRAAM Astra Mk 2 with a range of 100 km.

Read more: https://sputniknews.com/asia/201612081048326315-bvraam-test-failure/

306992_382541441806246_1318922858_n.jpg

Or I'll just steal from others, call it mine and try every nefarious way that I can to destroy another's efforts.

Back
Top Bottom