What's new

‘Astra’ goes up in smoke

Water Car Engineer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
BHUBANESWAR: Two missions by two premier organisations on Wednesday. One achieved a stupendous success and another failed miserably.
“It was a user trial of the missile by the Indian Air Force (IAF). The missile lost velocity within a few seconds after the firing, then it slipped from intended trajectory and dropped down rapidly. It latter exploded on the sea beach causing huge noise and smoke,” a source said.

‘Astra’ goes up in smoke- The New Indian Express

And they fixed it and it is in pre-production now. What else?

306992_382541441806246_1318922858_n.jpg

Buddy failures are the pillars of success , its not easy to master the most complex technologies so failures are always expected .....hope you remember the Tata Indica of late 90's its sounds more like tractor then car and see now the products of tata motors :)

And they fixed it and it is in pre-production now. What else?

Buddy the day Pakistan has many people like you then I am sure all most all problems of Pakistan will be resolved :) kudos to your sanity while living among the majority which discards your views :) I am sying on the basis of the replies to your posts on other threads
There are also Muslims working in Astra missile program,We should not attack any religion. We are lacking in SAM which is very important for defense. We should concentrate on our indigenous SAM program which is need of hour.

Part of design and development nothing uncommon.

Buddy failures are the pillars of success , its not easy to master the most complex technologies so failures are always expected .....hope you remember the Tata Indica of late 90's its sounds more like tractor then car and see now the products of tata motors :)

Buddy the day Pakistan has many people like you then I am sure all most all problems of Pakistan will be resolved :) kudos to your sanity while living among the majority which discards your views :) I am sying on the basis of the replies to your posts on other threads

India Pakistan has become like BJP and Congress. Hardly any discussion is logical. It's all prejudiced mindset. You are wasting time.

You are right , but still we have some sane voices from both sides on this forum and the person to whom i replied is one of them so atleast we can acknowledge such members
Part of design and development nothing uncommon.

India Pakistan has become like BJP and Congress. Hardly any discussion is logical. It's all prejudiced mindset. You are wasting time.

By no means is it over for the missile. Pinaka, Akash both faced failures in developmental and user trials. Both rectified, both unanimous success stories.

Astra was already tested successfully.

If anything, the current failure was due to production issues, not development issues.

A manufacturing fault is what lead to this failure. Something a better Quality Assurance can fix.

Astra was already tested successfully.

If anything, the current failure was due to production issues, not development issues.

A manufacturing fault is what lead to this failure. Something a better Quality Assurance can fix.

Actually, a 50% success rate is very good for India. So it's not a failure after all.

i dnt understand why when the final trail going on it fail otherwise all goes well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom