What's new

Assorted pics

I think it's the other way round, the lower the number the higher the ranking out of the 4 designs. So in comparison design 3 gives the highest agility but lowest stealth.

I think I've seen all the 4 variations from cjdby before, rumors from there are that both institutes are still going for their own designs in parallel, if that's true it'd most likely be design 2 and 3 by the look of it. But in the end rumors are just rumors, we just have to buckle up and wait.

A3 is design #2, which has stealth ranking of #1.

Also, translating two lines on top of the page in pic 5 states that by using forward swept canards in conjunction with vertical stabilizers and thrust vectoring, maneuverability has completely met the target or even exceeded it, thus aerodynamics design was very successful.

I was expecting 2D thrust vectoring or even no thrust vectoring at all, so the fact that 360 degree vectoring is considered is quite encouraging. A possible scheme I suppose would be to have a 2D deflector mounted on a 180 degree rotating exhaust.

Another possible concept of the modified J-10:
Could that thing at the back be tailhook?
Also come to think of it the last number comparison in the 4th pic of 1st post could be for the ability for short take off.

1258281411506_1855.jpg

Possibly looking at an sentry craft for its own carriers

1257957546900_2343.jpg

US E-2 Hawkeye

Last edited:
We can't see the first two pics, all I saw was "another possible concept of the J-10" followed by a pic of the E-2 :lol:

So I dug around a bit, and it seems like pic #4 was posted once before on chinadefence last December, here's my analysis, xposted from that forum:

Since 99% of the info out there is probably fake fanboy stuff, let's assume this is one as well and I'll surmise the logic used by the creator of this. The prevailing rumors are that the 601 institute's designs are based on the J-10, so both of their designs are made to resemble the J-10. There have been some fairly credible posters stating that a picture that closely resembles the H4B-A3 design is the winner(post #744, which refers to the credible poster on sinodefence), so that was included as one of 601's designs(we've seen quite a few CG photos of it). A purportedly rejected 611 design, a tri-plane design, was shown previously on Chinese TV, and there was also rumor of a 611 design being a tri-plane one(post #702), so that was included as one of 611's designs. The creator had no idea what a second 611 design would be but assumed that there would, so a weird looking Klingon-resembling design was used.

As for the H4X-XX designation, there once was a picture of a rumored SAC design whose file name was SAC 601 H4A-A1(post #650), which seems to be identical to the H4A-A1 listed in the chart, so he probably got that idea from there.

*NOTE* One bit of inconsistency in my theory is that the picture I posted was first posted on this thread last December(post #685), but a fairly trusted poster didn't point out the supposedly winning design until this February.

Of course, everything could all just be corroborating evidence as well. Though pretty unlikely.

Actually the designs are not that far off from CGs on web, so this whole thing could be rubbish, although I don't think there is smoke for no reason.

I guess I'll just have to wait another 8 years,hay?

Possibly longer than 8 years buddy, if you want "official confirmation" that is, remember it was about 7~8 years(?) between people first saw J-10 flying around and PLAF "officially" acknowledged it.

This J-11 with WS-10 engines, J-15 etc are the reminiscences of J-10 all over again, everyone pays attention to the military airfield will be able to see it, but PLAF will deny it to the end.

That's ok, doesn't matter if PLA confirms it or not, as long as there are pics and other evidences

Well, no, not really lol :lol:

Probably I'll post other stuff if I find something interesting.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom