What's new

Assault Rifles v.s Battle Rifles

^One issue I think with the RFB is it's difficult to get parts for it, so I'm not sure about it's "serviceability" , unless an Army or buyer can secure guaranteed parts.

Bull Pup 7.62x51 :yay:

The RFB is a short-stroke gas piston operated semi-automatic rifle in 7.62 mm NATO caliber. It accepts standard metric FAL type magazines which work "drop free" and do not need to be tilted in. One 20 round magazine is included*. Barrels on current models are 18" long, with a chrome lined bore and chamber. The muzzle is threaded 5/8x24 TPI and comes equipped with our A2-style Flash Hider*. Longer barrel lengths of 24", 26" and 32" will be available in the future. All controls are fully ambidextrous; the reciprocating operating handle can be switched to either side. The trigger mechanism is second to no other Bullpup ever built and better than nearly all commercial semi-auto rifles. The safety disconnects the trigger and blocks the hammer action. A Mil-Spec Picatinny rail is attached rigidly to the barrel. No open sights are provided, allowing the user to select from the very best new optics and sight systems available. The RFB comes with a two point sling that can be easily configured to suit the user's preference. Available accessories include a free-floating, four-sided Picatinny forend, bipod mounts, a removable bayonet lug for use with NATO style bayonets including our own Folding Bayonet, and many more.

2490487_02_keltec_rfb_7_62_308_green_bull_640.jpg

414-355-_DSC7358.png

414-355-b_70bf4b29b7d7219fe295905591c4adddRFB1.jpg

ARMSLIST - For Sale: KelTec RFB 7.62 / 308 Green Bullpup - Tactical Rifle

What
@A1Kaid
But G3 also fire bursts an an automatic mode and have detachable magazine which makes it an assault rifle too then?

True it does have automatic and burst fire mode, but it fires the 7.62x51mm which is a full power rifle cartridge, the assault rifles fire intermediate rifle cartridges. Just re-read my post about two conditions.

True it does have automatic and burst fire mode, but it fires the 7.62x51mm which is a full power rifle cartridge, the assault rifles fire intermediate rifle cartridges. Just re-read my post about two conditions.
Thanks for clarifying it again )

^One issue I think with the RFB is it's difficult to get parts for it, so I'm not sure about it's "serviceability" , unless an Army or buyer can secure guaranteed parts.

What

Right that particular weapon would probably never be adopted by a military but the concept is what is important. Also sandy stated that the weapon is not reliable but that doesn't mean that a reliable bullpup battle rifle can not be developed.

Right that particular weapon would probably never be adopted by a military but the concept is what is important. Also sandy stated that the weapon is not reliable but that doesn't mean that a reliable bullpup battle rifle can not be developed.

Do you have any personal experience with the RFB? I'm not saying it's a bad rifle by any means, I find it an interesting rifle it's one of the few .308 bullpup design rifles in the market. I did get a chance to personally examine (but didn't test fire) Kel-Tec's KSG bullpup pump-action shotgun which I thought was an interesting design, the materials the shotgun has are similar if not exactly the same as the ones found on the RFB. Very unusual looking design, but from what I have seen it fires smoothly. Though one good feature Kel-Tec added was two tube magazines each holding 7 rounds for a total of 14 rounds, but the downside is you have to engage a select button to switch to the other tubular magazine (not automatic only manual)...

Last edited:
Do you have any personal experience with the RFB? I'm not saying it's a bad rifle by any means, I find it an interesting rifle it's one of the few .308 bullpup design rifles in the market. I did get a chance to personally examine (but didn't test fire) Kel-Tec's KSG bullpup pump-action shotgun which I thought was an interesting design, the materials the shotgun has are similar if not exactly the same as the ones found on the RFB. Very unusual looking design, but from what I have seen it fires smoothly. Though one good feature Kel-Tec added was two tube magazines each holding 7 rounds for a total of 14 rounds, but the downside is you have to engage a select button to switch to the other tubular magazine (not automatic only manual)...
I have 0 experience with the rifle. I haven't even read any reviews on it.

Keltec RFB
Bull Pup 7.62x51 :yay:

The RFB is a short-stroke gas piston operated semi-automatic rifle in 7.62 mm NATO caliber. It accepts standard metric FAL type magazines which work "drop free" and do not need to be tilted in. One 20 round magazine is included*. Barrels on current models are 18" long, with a chrome lined bore and chamber. The muzzle is threaded 5/8x24 TPI and comes equipped with our A2-style Flash Hider*. Longer barrel lengths of 24", 26" and 32" will be available in the future. All controls are fully ambidextrous; the reciprocating operating handle can be switched to either side. The trigger mechanism is second to no other Bullpup ever built and better than nearly all commercial semi-auto rifles. The safety disconnects the trigger and blocks the hammer action. A Mil-Spec Picatinny rail is attached rigidly to the barrel. No open sights are provided, allowing the user to select from the very best new optics and sight systems available. The RFB comes with a two point sling that can be easily configured to suit the user's preference. Available accessories include a free-floating, four-sided Picatinny forend, bipod mounts, a removable bayonet lug for use with NATO style bayonets including our own Folding Bayonet, and many more.

2490487_02_keltec_rfb_7_62_308_green_bull_640.jpg

ARMSLIST - For Sale: KelTec RFB 7.62 / 308 Green Bullpup - Tactical Rifle
i guess indian army shoould get it in huge numbers or at least by the liescense to produce them in india

Back
Top Bottom