What's new

Asian games domination! Armored Core 6 YouTube gameplay beats Starfield and Cyberpunk in views

Armored Core 6 YouTube gameplay beats Starfield and Cyberpunk in views​

Armored Core 6's gameplay reveal has beaten out Starfield, Assassin's Creed Mirage, and more in terms of raw YouTube views for their showcases.
Armored Cored 6
is seeing Elden Ring and Dark Souls developer FromSoftware return to its mecha robot game series after a decade, and it looks like the Souls-like studio’s pedigree and renown over the last ten years is rubbing off on hype for Armored Core 6. With the Armored Core 6 release date closing in, the YouTube views don’t lie.

Before diving into the numbers, I want to make it clear that none of this is conclusive to overall sales or which of these games is more popular. It does show that FromSoftware, despite not making an Armored Core game in around a decade, has the fanbase to resurrect a series, however dead it may have seemed.

It should also be said that for a lot of us, Armored Core 6 is new, and these views were the first proper public showcase of Armored Core 6 gameplay we got. While games like Assassin’s Creed Mirage and Starfield are also new, we at least have a baseline of what to expect from them – for many of us, Armored Core is an unknown quantity.

Below I’ve put some of the big showcases for upcoming games, with Armored Core 6 coming in front of Starfield in terms of views, to my surprise. A lot of people probably watched the Starfield show during the Xbox live show though, so keep that in mind.

YouTube Thumbnail

• Armored Core 6 gameplay preview – 3.3 million views (Wednesday, July 26)
  • Baldur’s Gate 3 release teaser – 610,000 views (Friday, July 7)
  • Assassin’s Creed Mirage gameplay walkthrough – 3.1 million views (Monday, June 12)
  • Avatar Frontiers of Pandora game overview – 2.3 million views (Monday, June 12)
  • Starfield Direct – 2.8 million views (Sunday, June 11)
  • Cyberpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty official trailer – 2.5 million views (Sunday, June 11)
The main takeaway here, for me, is that Armored Core has topped some of the biggest upcoming releases in terms of individual video views in just five days, while the others have been out a while, which is an impressive feat whatever way you look at it.

As of right now the Star Wars Outlaws extended gameplay from Ubisoft also has 3.3 million views, like AC6, but has been out for an extra few weeks.

It just goes to show that Armored Core 6 is of massive interest, with many new players coming at it from the angle of seeing FromSoftware’s skill and pedigree in the likes of Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Sekiro, and Elden Ring.

With Armored Core right around the corner, we’ve got everything you need to know about FromSoftware’s mecha game, like the Armored Core 6 length, and the best games like Dark Souls, if you want even more From-like goodness.
After Zelda ToTK, the japanese are gonna do it again!

Let's go Armored Core! One of my favorite franchises and setting in general.

After Zelda ToTK, the japanese are gonna do it again!

Let's go Armored Core! One of my favorite franchises and setting in general.
I don't know why they didn't count Marvel Spiderman 2 Trailer which was released back in May, and racked up 5.9 mil in just a single day

1690852050725.png

1690852405275.png

9.6 millions view by Day 4, but then I strongly believe even these number mean nothing if Rockstar dropped Grand Theft Auto 6 Gameplay Trailer in December as the rumour said

Last edited:
Maybe they ignores the licensed games, not sure.
Well, that's just weird, I mean, look at what the guy compare to.

On the other hand, as I said before, I think the most anticipated game now is probably Grand Theft Auto 6. Rockstar will most likely blow all these number away.......if only they ever release anything

Well, that's just weird, I mean, look at what the guy compare to.

On the other hand, as I said before, I think the most anticipated game now is probably Grand Theft Auto 6. Rockstar will most likely blow all these number away.......if only they ever release anything
Yeah, maybe,
GTA6 will not come out this year anyway, so no worry!

This year, the japanese again rules.

Yeah, maybe,
GTA6 will not come out this year anyway, so no worry!

This year, the japanese again rules.
GTA VI should be coming in next year, so by that time frame people speculate Rockstar should release something about game play Late 2023 if they want to release them in Late 2024, judging by how RS done with GTAV releases, the game was released on Sept 17 2013, the trailer come out on YT Nov 2011.

I am not a fan of AC6, but I will tell you what I am waiting for, I am waiting on AC8 but not that AC, you should know what I meant

GTA VI should be coming in next year, so by that time frame people speculate Rockstar should release something about game play Late 2023 if they want to release them in Late 2024, judging by how RS done with GTAV releases, the game was released on Sept 17 2013, the trailer come out on YT Nov 2011.

I am not a fan of AC6, but I will tell you what I am waiting for, I am waiting on AC8 but not that AC, you should know what I meant
You mean Ace Combat right?
Yeah, I think it's gonna be revealed after Armored Core 6, since it's a sort of mecha game, Bandai doesn't want competitor at the same time to absorb sales.

You mean Ace Combat right?
Yeah, I think it's gonna be revealed after Armored Core 6, since it's a sort of mecha game, Bandai doesn't want competitor of the same time to absorb sales.
Yeah, Ace Combat.

I doubt they will have AC8 trailer after Armour Core. Becuase these MF in Bandai Namco was doing this just a year ago

Unless they have an uber big team, if they are still working on AC7 DLC last year, they won't have enough time to even formulate the storyline for AC8. And if they do, it would most certainly be Rubbish...

Yeah, Ace Combat.

I doubt they will have AC8 trailer after Armour Core. Becuase these MF in Bandai Namco was doing this just a year ago

Unless they have an uber big team, if they are still working on AC7 DLC last year, they won't have enough time to even formulate the storyline for AC8. And if they do, it would most certainly be Rubbish...
Armored Core is made by From Software, an independent company, Bamco just publishes.
Ace Combat is made by Team ACES, internally inside Bamco.

They shouldn't have anything to do with each other except that Bamco is the publisher, and thus fears conflicting release schedule.

Armored Core is made by From Software, an independent company, Bamco just publishes.
Ace Combat is made by Team ACES, internally inside Bamco.

They shouldn't have anything to do with each other except that Bamco is the publisher, and thus fears conflicting release schedule.
Well, you still need to have a team of whoever developing those content for Ace Combat for Namco to release them on time, and when this team is working on some other project even within the same franchise, they won't be able to go on to the next.

And seeing Bandai Namco had just release that DLC last May, we can assume, again, if there is only 1 team to work on it, whoever is working or should be working on AC8 is still working on AC7 DLC until sometime last May before it releases. Because that is what they would be doing, and I doubt they have more than 1 team developing the game. Because even AAA title developer would not have 2 teams working on the same project, well, not after Activision and Blizzard did with COD. Even now they both work on the same COD project

Back
Top Bottom