What's new

Asian Colleges Gaining Respect, Report Finds

You are changing the facts. The Qing Dynasty closed most trading ports and install draconian laws on foreigners. China was NOT OPENLY trading with anyone. The result is 200 years of pure spanking/humiliation for China. The cause is the closeness, stupidity.

I cannot believe that today, in our modern world, there are people who advocate Qing and Mao feudalistic ideology. This is not what China is about. India is a much more closed country. It won't even allow foreign retail FDI. It poses most drastic limitations on foreign investments. Is that doing India any good? Are Indians living anywhere near the standard Chinese are?

BTW, Tang was facing multiple threats from the nomads, Tibet, Japan, and Arabic. Tang subdued them all for centuries with a combination of openness and diplomacy.

Tang didn't have wolves. China was very much on her own development and it was a great dynasty.

China was openly trading with Europe, having a supreme trade balance with UK which ignited the Opium War and the subsequent destruction of my country.

With the wolves lurching @ every corner of you premises waiting for the chance for the first bite and them an all-out attack, you need to be very very concious! Open policy is not as simple as it sounds. It is a deep concept which requires careful strategic calculation.

You are changing the facts. The Qing Dynasty closed most trading ports and install draconian laws on foreigners. China was NOT OPENLY trading with anyone. The result is 200 years of pure spanking/humiliation for China. The cause is the closeness, stupidity.

I cannot believe that today, in our modern world, there are people who advocate Qing and Mao feudalistic ideology. This is not what China is about. India is a much more closed country. It won't even allow foreign retail FDI. It poses most drastic limitations on foreign investments. Is that doing India any good? Are Indians living anywhere near the standard Chinese are?

BTW, Tang was facing multiple threats from the nomads, Tibet, Japan, and Arabic. Tang subdued them all for centuries with a combination of openness and diplomacy.

During Qing dynasty China traded tea and porcelains the 2 most versatile products with Europe which had caused UK to near bankruptcy. With a gaping trade imbalance, they went the underhanded way trading Opium in return.

During the Tang dynasty, we had pirates and normads everywhere and we were able to fight them off because our military strength was better.

Where do you get the impression of my advocating for a Maoist policy? I only say the open policies need to be carefully weighed and calibrated according to the strength of the country. india is a different story. it has a hosts of problems which go deeper than a semi-closed system!

ie no point in looking at ranking that don't make India look "shining" :whistle:
i simply dont understand what has this thread to do with???petty rankings??rise above rankings and see the reality!!we dont have top institutes comparable to those of us..but we do have top students comparable..even better than the best in the world

them members of this forum ARE VERy hypocrites..i dont know why the behave so??be it indian...be it chinese or be it pakistani...!!no one accept the truth..!!infact try to potray the reality in as cosy way as possible

Qing closed most ports? How did China get its amazingly high trade surplus then?

The example of the Qing is idiotic. Look at Japan as a better more recent example. They closed their market to foreign companies, had MITI (Ministry of International Trade and Industry) as a semi-发改委 and their command economy (called "state capitalism" but what distinguishes command economies from state capitalism, I don't know; they even had wealth redistribution) was the fastest growing in Asia for 30 years. Now their companies are top. Look at Britain. In the 18th century, they heavily protected their industries from foreign competition too, they owned the rest of the 19th century.

Look at Latin America. For the entire 19th century and much of the 20th, they were the most open economies in the world. They were also raped by imperial powers and kept poor for most of that time. Argentina was richer than South Korea in 1980, with 7000 USD GDP/capita (almost at the level of Japan at the time). Today, it is still at 7000 USD GDP/capita, except South Korea has moved on to 20000 USD GDP/capita. What distinguished South Korea from Argentina? South Korea protected its domestic industries, while Argentina foolishly opened its markets to foreign competition and followed World Bank shock therapy.

Well. Gladly see that my university is in top 30 now. She just had her 100 anniversary last year.
I guess in more specified ranking for engineering. It might ranks much higher.

Hmm, I disagree with him. But I don't think India has best students either. Many Indian think IIT is difficult to enter and hence has better students. Shrug, I d say you guys should come China to see what the real competition is.

Well. Gladly see that my university is in top 30 now. She just had her 100 anniversary last year.
I guess in more specified ranking for engineering. It might ranks much higher.

Hmm, I disagree with him. But I don't think India has best students either. Many Indian think IIT is difficult to enter and hence has better students. Shrug, I d say you guys should come China to see what the real competition is.

Northwestern?

The acceptance rate of IIT is much lower than Beida. Beida is I think at 1:300 but IIT is something insane like 1:10000. Harvard is 8% as comparison, and my school here is 20%. Alot of the schools in China are easy to get in for native residents of the province; that's why Beijing, Shanghai Hukou is so valuable and much more valuable than Shenzhen Hukou despite Shenzhen being rich.

Northwestern?

The acceptance rate of IIT is much lower than Beida. Beida is I think at 1:300 but IIT is something insane like 1:10000. Harvard is 8% as comparison, and my school here is 20%. Alot of the schools in China are easy to get in for native residents of the province; that's why Beijing, Shanghai Hukou is so valuable and much more valuable than Shenzhen Hukou despite Shenzhen being rich.
No. I graduated from the better one than Peking University in China.

iits are not the toughest it is the upsc civil services which has the worlds toughest selection procedure. the iitians are the best in India they have made their name by working hard in almost every big company.

You may choose to disregard this list and claim that india has a better education system bt you will be plain wrong.

indian education system is archaic. it has not changed significantly since the british left and is still geared towards producing babus for the government. true creativity and other such things are not promoted anywhere.

whatever flaws the chinese education system may or may not have, it is clearly outdoing india. The sheer amount of reserach that comes out of china is staggering. it is not just in the field of research that the chinese outdo india. the very work ethic inculcated is entirely different and in my opinion far better.

the indian education system is stuck so hard with getting marks that marks become the do all and end all of education. we dont really teach anything useful in schools. we just turn the children into parrots who can vomit the answers verbatim. india needs a major overhaul in its education infrastructure and the jingoistic defence of the system here or anywhere else does not help.

hmm thasts gud alot of pakistan sudent in medical do to china for cheap studies :china::cheers::pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom