What's new

Ashok Leyland bags bus order from Bangladesh worth Rs 35 crore

CaPtAiN_pLaNeT

Reaction score
18 Jun, 2012, 05.44PM IST, PTI
Ashok Leyland bags bus order from Bangladesh worth Rs 35 crore

Ashok Leyland bags bus order from Bangladesh worth Rs 35 crore - The Economic Times

NEW DELHI: Hinduja Group flagship firm Ashok Leyland today said it has bagged an order to supply 88 airconditioned buses to Bangladesh worth $ 6.5 million (about Rs 35 crore).

"Ashok Leyland announced the winning of another order from Bangladesh Road Transport Corporation (BRTC) for 88 AC buses for a value worth $ 6.5 million under the Indian Line of Credit (LoC) scheme offered for the improvement of urban transportation in that country," the commercial vehicle maker said in a statement.

This order comes close on the heels of the recent order to supply 50 vestibule buses to BRTC, it added.

Commenting on the deal, Ashok Leyland Managing Director Vinod K Dasari said: "This also represents our commitment to partner BRTC in the process of taking urban transportation in Bangladesh to a new level and underscores our preeminent status as the leading CV player in that country."

The winning of this order was a significant step towards achieving the company's vision to be globally among top 10 truck and top 5 bus manufacturers, he added.

Last week, the company had announced supplying of 100 'Falcon' buses to Ghana for $ 7.6 million (about Rs 42 crore). It had earlier supplied buses to Nigeria and those hold a premium status in Lagos' bus rapid system, which is the only such model in the sub-Saharan Africa.

Ashok Leyland has recently said it will raise Rs 750 crore through issue of securities on private placement basis to finance the firm's capital expenditure requirements.

Shares of Ashok Leyland today clsoed 3.28 per cent down at Rs 25.05 apiece on BSE.

Didn't enjoy the rides in new double decker bus sent by Indian company, they ought to make it a bit more spacious and comfortable mate. Don''t know how these will be. But we need a lot of bus for our transportions in Dhaka city. I am fed up on standing for hours in Bus Stop everyday for a bulky 35 minutes ride.

Didn't enjoy the rides in new double decker bus sent by Indian company, they ought to make it a bit more spacious and comfortable mate. Don''t know how these will be. But we need a lot of bus for our transportions in Dhaka city. I am fed up on standing for hours in Bus Stop everyday for a bulky 35 minutes ride.

Can you share the pictures of the Model of the Buses?

Why did the share went down after this news?

Itne paise main itna ich milenga - gangubai
Presented BAI - Channel [v] - YouTube

you guys complaints so much!!!!...why you buy then??????...see you can't get anything better in that much money....and trust me Indian buses are worth!!!!

Haha self gloating Indians,Indian companies will only get small contracts of smaller buses like this because for bigger ones we've already ordered Korean buses and private transport companies have contracts for long range buses with Marcedez Benz,Scania etc. which also include options of assembling them in BD.

Haha self gloating Indians,Indian companies will only get small contracts of smaller buses like this because for bigger ones we've already ordered Korean buses and private transport companies have contracts for long range buses with Marcedez Benz,Scania etc. which also include options of assembling them in BD.

you are the buyer. Your money. we are happy if you order from India. We are also happy if you order from South Korea.

PRIVATE TRANSPORT COMPANIES!!!!! But we are talking about public transport run by government.

I've mentioned private companies because some of you guys are making an impression that we can afford only these small buses.

I've mentioned private companies because some of you guys are making an impression that we can afford only these small buses.

But you can't afford that for government owned public transport. So stop abusing Indian vehicles because you can only afford these vehicle with your budget.

No, I only pointed out if you pay for ashok leyland, you will get ashok leyland. If you pay for mecedes, you will get mercdes.
It does not matter whether their owners are Indian or german, in a competitive market they have to position the price as per the product specification.

There are state road transport (govt) in some states who can afford merc and volvo. Some states cant. Some private player focus on luxury and have only fleet of merc or volvo. Others run economy class.

Actually if you include the recent contracts that Ashok Leyland won, Indian Bus manufacturers now make up at least 50% of the total buses operated by BRTC. Thats not a small number by any means.

refit these buses n sell them to bangladesh. this is all they deserve for the money they will b paying to us

Actually if you include the recent contracts that Ashok Leyland won, Indian Bus manufacturers now make up at least 50% of the total buses operated by BRTC. Thats not a small number by any means.
I didn't know that information,seems like your being a reporter of bdnews24 comes out well:D

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom