What's new

Aselsan to produce STAMP & STOP systems in UAE

Worf

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Aselsan to produce STAMP & STOP systems in UAE

Turkey’s defence electronics giant Aselsan has signed a $2.7 million contract with IGG of the United Arab Emirates.

The contract aims to build and upgrade IGG’s facilities for the production of Aselsan’s proprietary STAMP and STOP stabilized remote weapon systems. STAMP features a two-axis gyro stabilized 12.7mm machine gun, remote command and control systems and a sensor suite complete with daylight TV, laser range finder and high-resolution infrared cameras. STOP is a similar platform that has adopted the 40mm grenade launcher as its primary weapon.

The project will last through 2013.

Source: Aselsan to produce STAMP & STOP systems in UAE | TR Defence

It's not the unit cost that matters, software and electro-optics that stabilise these platforms make them able to engage surface and air targets are very hi-tech. We'll be transfering a new capability not just some pieces of metal :disagree:

It's not the unit cost that matters, software and electro-optics that stabilise these platforms make them able to engage surface and air targets are very hi-tech. We'll be transfering a new capability not just some pieces of metal :disagree:

Probably we sold no tech transfer, just license and stamping rights.

Probably we sold no tech transfer, just license and stamping rights.

Mabye, however we have to take in accont what the terms of the agreement are; which i don't have.

Guys the title is "Aselsan to produce STAMP & STOP systems in UAE" it doesnt say anything about tech transfer.

Guys the title is "Aselsan to produce STAMP & STOP systems in UAE" it doesnt say anything about tech transfer.

Opening a factory at UAE means, Aselsan will hire Arab workers and that will result in tech transfer to some degree. They are saying unless electronics and software are important from Turkey this price is too low and they are right.

Opening a factory at UAE means, Aselsan will hire Arab workers and that will result in tech transfer to some degree. They are saying unless electronics and software are important from Turkey this price is too low and they are right.
My point exactly. Note that, UAE's existing facilities will be improved by Aselsan and this probably includes the 2.7 million contract price.

Just not a worthwhile business venture.

My point exactly. Note that, UAE's existing facilities will be improved by Aselsan and this probably includes the 2.7 million contract price.

Just not a worthwhile business venture.

Maybe they are expecting more export to UAE in exchange for agreements like these. I don't think Aselsan is idiotic enough to give NATO standart tech to such a low price. Either there are other agreements or there will be no software/electronics production in Aselsan's UAE factory.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom