What's new

Aselsan MGEO - QWIP IR Detector Production Line

That's one of the most strategic system 3rd generation E/O programs require. 5-6 countries have QWIP IR detector technology in World. Russia even orders detectors from France. I don't know China. Japany is also among producers...

The wellknown countries having QWIP technology in World...
-Sofradir French
-AIM Germany
-SCD Israel
-Raytheon USA
-DRS USA
-Aselsan/ODTU Turkey

Aselsan QWIP

QWIPtechnicalspecifications.jpg

odtuQWIP.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's one of the most strategic system 3rd generation E/O programs require. 5-6 countries have QWIP IR detector technology in World. Russia even orders detectors from France. I don't know China. Japany is also among producers...

-Sofradir French
-AIM Germany
-SCD Israel
-Raytheon USA
-DRS USA
-Aselsan/ODTU Turkey

Aselsan QWIP

QWIPtechnicalspecifications.jpg

odtuQWIP.jpg

And Sweden and Canada and im sure more....

Odd that from this 2013 article Turkey is not mentioned as QWIP based detector developer.

News Story | U.S. Army Research Laboratory

Odd that from this 2013 article Turkey is not mentioned as QWIP based detector developer.

Are you sure mentioned countries are able to produce QWIP detectors for own requirements different than labratory degree R&D activities and final product? You know lots of countries have developed QWIP in labratory degree but production of them is another difficult story. If The answer of my above uestion is "Yes", Accept me as a lier of Aselsan. :)

Are you sure mentioned countries are able to produce QWIP detectors for own requirements different than labratory degree R&D activities and final product? You know lots of countries have developed QWIP in labratory degree but production of them is another difficult story. If The answer of my above uestion is "Yes", Accept me as a lier of Aselsan. :)

Contact us - Cantronics
Contact | IRnova
Qwip Tech - See The Heat
QmagiQ - About Us
AIM Infrarot-Module GmbH*-*Home / News

I don't see a list of developer countries in that link or am I blind? :what:

Within a few years of its invention, relatively low-cost and high-resolution (0.33 megapixels) QWIP focal plane array (FPA) cameras were already widely available. Some of the companies offering QWIP cameras are Thales in France, IRnova in Sweden, Semi-Conducting Devices in Israel, and FLIR in the U.S.

Ctrl+f

Within a few years of its invention, relatively low-cost and high-resolution (0.33 megapixels) QWIP focal plane array (FPA) cameras were already widely available. Some of the companies offering QWIP cameras are Thales in France, IRnova in Sweden, Semi-Conducting Devices in Israel, and FLIR in the U.S.

Ctrl+f

I did ctrl+f ... I searched "Germany" "countries" ...etc. Now that you have posted the section we know you are just trolling since you know very well that list is not complete. Everybody knows we are just starting mass production and we are not established in the industry. I find it interesting that you find Turkey not being in that list as "odd" (your words) but ignore absance of Germany. And then there is the word "some" ...

I did ctrl+f ... I searched "Germany" "countries" ...etc. Now that you have posted the section we know you are just trolling since you know very well that list is not complete. Everybody knows we are just starting mass production and we are not established in the industry. I find it interesting that you find Turkey not being in that list as "odd" (your words) but ignore absance of Germany. And then there is the word "some" ...

Ignore absence of Germany Japan S.Korea and so on, what is your point?

Ignore absence of Germany Japan S.Korea and so on, what is your point?

My point is, this is a significant achivement and your noobish ettempt to undermine is not working. Your very first post in this thread just proves my point.

Is it really that odd? I don't think the purpose of that article is to list all the countries that are able to produce QWIP-based IR detectors, but only some of them as examples in the given context that you provided;
Some of the companies offering QWIP cameras are Thales in France, IRnova in Sweden, Semi-Conducting Devices in Israel, and FLIR in the U.S.
Now do you have something of any significant value to share in this thread or are you done?

Baykuş;4865089 said:
Is it really that odd? I don't think the purpose of that article is to list all the countries that are able to produce QWIP-based IR detectors, but only some of them as examples in the given context that you provided;

Now do you have something of any significant value to share in this thread or are you done?

I already did provide for Swedish and Canadian companies which manufacture QWIP, unlike the claim:
-Sofradir French
-AIM Germany
-SCD Israel
-Raytheon USA
-DRS USA
-Aselsan/ODTU Turkey

Really? to list Turkey as well known QWIP manufacture?

I already did provide for Swedish and Canadian companies which manufacture QWIP, unlike the claim:
-Sofradir French
-AIM Germany
-SCD Israel
-Raytheon USA
-DRS USA
-Aselsan/ODTU Turkey

Really? to list Turkey as well known QWIP manufacture?

Dude, It is listed to emphasize the wellknown countries which have QWIP detector technology, serial production is a different story. Turkey is investing serious efforts/money on this technology during 15 years and The succesfull studies of Turkey have been issued on many articles which make Turkey a wellknown country which developed this technology. Aselsan/ODTU is known as one of the QWIP developer institutes/labratories in world so Nothing wrong in that list.

Back
Top Bottom