What's new

Asad Umar’s ‘favourite’ appointed chief of KP energy department

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD - With the corruption allegations levelled by PML-N’s Daniyal Aziz - in a press conference last year - already haunting the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government for allegedly drawing out Rs 538 million from hydel funds and not using it, another scam has also been unearthed in the Pakhtunkhwa Energy Development Organisation (PEDO).

Daily Times has learnt that there were a massive mismanagement in the appointment of PEDO chief executive and he was allegedly favoured for being a favourite of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) MNA Asad Umar.

According to a source privy to this scribe, the chief executive was appointed without holding interview of any of the six shortlisted candidates for the post. It is pertinent to mention here that the CEO is drawing a hefty salary of Rs 1.4 million. Earlier, head of the aforementioned organisation was receiving a salary equivalent of a BPS-20 officer.

The Pakhtunkhwa government - through amendment in the Pakhtunkhwa Hydel Development Organisation Act 2013 - created a slot of chief executive officer as a head of the organisation recommended by the board of directors and approved by the chief minister to carry out and implement the decisions and orders of the board of directors.

“Government shall appoint the CEO of the organisation from amongst the persons having expertise in the field of energy and power sector, according to the terms and conditions the government may determine,” stated Section 5(1) of the aforementioned act.

The advertised eligibility to fill the seat of CEO stated that the applicants must have a minimum 15-year experience in engineering or financial sector, which also differed from the above mentioned section of the amended act.

One official of PEDO on the condition of anonymity told Daily Times that the slot was only created to favor the blue-eyed person of Asad Umar, adding that the incumbent CEO - Akbar Ayub Khan – was a comrade of the Umar, as both were graduates of the Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS).

He said prior to the creation of the slot, Akbar Ayub was in Engro Fertilisers with the PTI lawmaker having no background of energy and power sector. Sources said that Akbar was provided shelter under the guise of law, which not only corporatised the organisation with private sector-led governance structures but also amendments were made to the act to make the body autonomous in which two members of the board of directors - namely ShahidSattar resident of Bani Gala Islamabad and Ruhail Muhammad of Engro Fertilizers - allegedly paved the way for Akbar Ayub Khan to acquire the post of CEO.

“Professional CEO will head PEDO and will be hired from the market,” stated the summary titled Appointment of CEO of Pakhtunkhwa Energy Development Organisation. However, sources said that the last shortlisted six candidates for the posts were not interviewed and only three names - Akbar Ayub Khan, Mir Javed Hashmat and Bahadur Shah - were proposed, ignoring Abdul Latif who was the former CEO of PESCO and was the number one contender for the post of CEO.

Source further said that another summary for increasing the salary of Akbar Ayub Khan was placed on the table of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Chief Minister Pervez Khattak.

“In view of the nature of the job, the salary demanded by the CEO is less than the market rates for comparable organisations. This department proposes a monthly salary of Rs 1.8 million to retain the service of the incumbent CEO,” stated the copy of the summary available with Daily Times.

However - the finance department - headed by Jamaat-e-Islami’s Muzaffar Sayed - refused the proposal of salary package stating that fixing the salary of PEDO CEO at par with Bank of Khyber MD was irrational as the two posts and organisations had drastically different nature, roles and stature.

Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Minister for Power and Energy Muhammad Atif Khan was unavailable for his comments on the report. Minister for Information Mushtaq Ghani said he was unaware of the matter, adding that the minster concerned could be in a better position to address the queries.

Asad Umar’s ‘favourite’ appointed chief of KP energy department

@Jazzbot @Leader @mr42O @notorious_eagle @Jzaib @pkuser2k12

The good thing about Asad Umar and PTI is, we'll soon hear a response from them on this matter. Unlike PML-N who either disappear when they are asked about their corruption, or attack the questioner or defend their corruption shamelessly.

Lets wait and see what Asad Umar has to say about this.

What IK have to say about it? As far as corruption is concerned I have full faith in Imran Khan.

He is obviously aware of everything.

Wouldn't had brought in corrupts like Aleem Khan, Shah Mehmood, Jahngeer Tareen, Kasuri, Ibrar ul Haq, Ejaz Chaudhry and dozens of lotas from PML-N, PPP, and PMLQ etc

Wouldn't had made alliances with Sheikh Rasheed, Chaudharies, Qadri, and Sherpao.

Listened to Justice Wajjudin and Hamid Khan about corruption in PTI.

He is to core. I know many people who knew him very closely and man there was loads of corruption in that hospital in narowal and he has a habit of using donations in gambling.
but yr Sh Rasheed is an innocent guy really love his interviews :lol::D

He is to core. I know many people who knew him very closely and man there was loads of corruption in that hospital in narowal and he has a habit of using donations in gambling.

He is obviously aware of everything.

Wouldn't had brought in corrupts like Aleem Khan, Shah Mehmood, Jahngeer Tareen, Kasuri, Ibrar ul Haq, Ejaz Chaudhry and dozens of lotas from PML-N, PPP, and PMLQ etc

Wouldn't had made alliances with Sheikh Rasheed, Chaudharies, Qadri, and Sherpao.

Listened to Justice Wajjudin and Hamid Khan about corruption in PTI.

Why are you again and again listing the in-competencies of the PML-N Government. If he is corrupt to the core, why isn't the Fed Govt lead by PML-N arresting him? Either put up or shut up. Government's don't accuse people of wrong doings, they perform with actions. You have zero evidence against Abrar Ul Haq, not a single reference against NAB or FIR registered, yet you blabber your mouth and engage in character assassination. Pathetic.

I kept hearing the same B.S from PML-N that Zardari is the biggest corrupt of Pakistan, how the Tecna case was genuine. Guess what, under the leadership of PML-N all the cases against Zardari are withdrawn. Magically, all the evidence against Zardari disappeared, and the documents that even media had against Zardari, the Government prosecution fails to present it in=front of the Judge. Heck, they still haven't even written the letter to the Swiss Government in regards to the neck less.

But it's neat a PML-N supporter accusing PTI of nepotism, when Ishaq Dar, Abid Sher Ali, Hamza Shahbaz, Salman Shahbaz, Maryam Nawaz effectively run the country. Also, its neat you accuse PTI of corruption when the Sharif Brothers are named in NAB's 150 mega corruption list. Sasti Roti, Qarz Utaro Mulk Suwaro etc etc. Besharam laug

Justice Waji and Hamid Khan have several times said that PML-N and Nawaz Sharif are the most corrupt entities of Pakistan. I guess we should take that on face value too right haha.

The good thing about Asad Umar and PTI is, we'll soon hear a response from them on this matter. Unlike PML-N who either disappear when they are asked about their corruption, or attack the questioner or defend their corruption shamelessly.

Lets wait and see what Asad Umar has to say about this.

If there is corruption, NAB under Fed Government can take this matter up and make arrests. Why aren't they moving?

Why are you again and again listing the in-competencies of the PML-N Government. If he is corrupt to the core, why isn't the Fed Govt lead by PML-N arresting him? Either put up or shut up. Government's don't accuse people of wrong doings, they perform with actions. You have zero evidence against Abrar Ul Haq, not a single reference against NAB or FIR registered, yet you blabber your mouth and engage in character assassination. Pathetic.

I kept hearing the same B.S from PML-N that Zardari is the biggest corrupt of Pakistan, how the Tecna case was genuine. Guess what, under the leadership of PML-N all the cases against Zardari are withdrawn. Magically, all the evidence against Zardari disappeared, and the documents that even media had against Zardari, the Government prosecution fails to present it in=front of the Judge. Heck, they still haven't even written the letter to the Swiss Government in regards to the neck less.

But it's neat a PML-N supporter accusing PTI of nepotism, when Ishaq Dar, Abid Sher Ali, Hamza Shahbaz, Salman Shahbaz, Maryam Nawaz effectively run the country. Also, its neat you accuse PTI of corruption when the Sharif Brothers are named in NAB's 150 mega corruption list. Sasti Roti, Qarz Utaro Mulk Suwaro etc etc. Besharam laug

Justice Waji and Hamid Khan have several times said that PML-N and Nawaz Sharif are the most corrupt entities of Pakistan. I guess we should take that on face value too right haha.

If there is corruption, NAB under Fed Government can take this matter up and make arrests. Why aren't they moving?

lol changing topics now for face saving ?

The argument has always been that PTI is different from others and brings tsunamis and changes but the lotas from other parties speaks otherwise and I have yet to hear from you about this particular story.

I could ask the same. KP NAB accused QWP of corruption but hey they are back again where they were in the coalition with some sort of deal. Some much so for 'independent' NAB... hahaha.

There is obviously a case against Zardari and there is a reason why he ran out of country. A case was also filed against Raja rental and Gilani and the matter is up in Supreme courts. The last time you will ever see Gilani speaking it will always be against the government cuz like you guys he has some face saving to do.

So whatever Justice Waji says against PMLN is right but when its against PTI its wrong? lol youthia logic.

If Sasta roti is so much an issue for you maybe you should tell your folks in KPK to stop replicating from Punjab.

Last edited:

This patwari will never learn a born slave .

lol changing topics now for face saving ?

Changing how? I have already stated, if the appointment is illegal NAB which is a Fed Institution will be well within its constitutional rights to open an investigation. Clearly, you're the one who needs face saving but that's another issue considering how blackened that is haha

The argument has always been that PTI is different from others and brings tsunamis and changes but the lotas from other parties speaks otherwise and I have yet to hear from you about this particular story.

In that case, PML-N must be the biggest lota as more than half of PML-Q is sitting in PML-N right now. Whether PTI is corrupt or not, they sure are much better than PML-N because PML-N is corrupt to the core. Sharif Brothers are the most corrupt people in Pakistan right now.

I could ask the same. KP NAB accused QWP of corruption but hey they are back again where they were in the coalition with some sort of deal. Some much so for 'independent' NAB... hahaha.

QWP is back without those ministers that were dismissed of corruption and incompetence.

There is obviously a case against Zardari and there is a reason why he ran out of country. A case was also filed against Raja rental and Gilani and the matter is up in Supreme courts. The last time you will ever see Gilani speaking it will always be against the government cuz like you guys he has some face saving to do.

Indeed there is a case against Zardari, but why did the Fed Government let him go out of the country? Why is the Government not prosecuting him? Because Sharif's know that if Zardari opens his mouth, their own corruption will be exposed.

No people like you need face saving because you're not even bothering to defend the corruption against PML-N, because even you know that they are corrupt but since you have a slave nokar mentality, you want them to be your masters. How are the cases progressing against Raja Rental and Gilani? The prosector general is moving them at a snail pace because PPP has threatened that they will release evidences that they collected when in Government against the corrupt Sharif Brothers.

So whatever Justice Waji says against PMLN is right but when its against PTI its wrong? lol youthia logic.

For argument sakes, lets say both is right. The only difference is, in PTI there was corruption of Private Money which in my book is reprehensible but fine, but in PML-N they looted the public exchequer which in my opinion is a sin. There is no bigger crime than robbing the money of the poor of this nation. Slave Mentality, come out of the nokar chaprasi mindset.

If Sasta roti is so much an issue for you maybe you should tell your folks in KPK to stop replicating from Punjab.

Nothing wrong with sasti roti, the only thing that was wrong was that PML-N looted all the money and there was no roti for the poor. Once again, slave mentality not thinking about corruption and loot mar.

I agree, i feel such pity for them. It's like, they have such a slave mentality. Pathetic.

The word patwari should apply to PTI and PPP because Punjab is the only province that has introduced a computerized system and an authority to serve people.

Changing how? I have already stated, if the appointment is illegal NAB which is a Fed Institution will be well within its constitutional rights to open an investigation. Clearly, you're the one who needs face saving but that's another issue considering how blackened that is haha

In that case, PML-N must be the biggest lota as more than half of PML-Q is sitting in PML-N right now. Whether PTI is corrupt or not, they sure are much better than PML-N because PML-N is corrupt to the core. Sharif Brothers are the most corrupt people in Pakistan right now.

QWP is back without those ministers that were dismissed of corruption and incompetence.

Indeed there is a case against Zardari, but why did the Fed Government let him go out of the country? Why is the Government not prosecuting him? Because Sharif's know that if Zardari opens his mouth, their own corruption will be exposed.

No people like you need face saving because you're not even bothering to defend the corruption against PML-N, because even you know that they are corrupt but since you have a slave nokar mentality, you want them to be your masters. How are the cases progressing against Raja Rental and Gilani? The prosector general is moving them at a snail pace because PPP has threatened that they will release evidences that they collected when in Government against the corrupt Sharif Brothers.

For argument sakes, lets say both is right. The only difference is, in PTI there was corruption of Private Money which in my book is reprehensible but fine, but in PML-N they looted the public exchequer which in my opinion is a sin. There is no bigger crime than robbing the money of the poor of this nation. Slave Mentality, come out of the nokar chaprasi mindset.

Nothing wrong with sasti roti, the only thing that was wrong was that PML-N looted all the money and there was no roti for the poor. Once again, slave mentality not thinking about corruption and loot mar.

I agree, i feel such pity for them. It's like, they have such a slave mentality. Pathetic.

Jahangir Tareen, who handles all the finances, went from nothing to a Federal Minister of Industries during Musharraf era and came out one of the richest guys in Pakistan. Amazing. Shah Mehmood, a PPP guy and a feudal who rips off people from the south is today the Vice President of PTI . Aleem Khan, now one of the top tier leaders in PTI has a history of looting poor people in housing societies and earning billions. Kasuri, another lota whose family had invited the British to take over Punjab. Ejaz Chaudhry, a guy who was kicked out of Jamaat e Islami for his corruption is now standing as the head of Punjab PTI. Pervez Khattak, the current CM of KPK previously served as an MP of ANP. I'm only getting started... This is a big fat embarrassment for a party which claims to have brought 'change'

And who says Imran Khan is not corrupt ? A person who lives off corrupt people's money is the same way of putting it as morally corrupt. The amount of money overseas Pakistanis send him is unprecedented and what does he do with it ? Buying lotas from PML-Q, PPP, and PML-N and letting those guys come over and rigging intra party elections. The Dharnas and parties with the aid of DJ Butt in every corner of Pakistan is also another example of how funds are misused. Its not something which ordinary people like me are saying, ask the people who have distance themselves from the party, some of whom were founders.

Now lets come to his assets. Bani Gala, the area of Islamabad where he lives is declared to be a 'gift' from Jamima. Thats totally hard to believe and and there is more to it. According to ECP he has exaggerated all his asset details and their worths and he is part of list of people who try to avoid paying taxes. People don't forget the day when he made the call for civil disobedience and to put it to other terms its basically another of saying he does not abide to the law of the government.

So the next time people say he is 'honest', should really consider giving a hard thought.

Last edited:
The word patwari should apply to PTI and PPP because Punjab is the only province that has introduced a computerized system and an authority to serve people.

Are you serious? Have you ever been to a Patwari? If Punjab is the only Province with a fancy computerized system, why is land grabbing such a huge business in Punjab. Heck, the Railways Minister Saad Rafique has been crying how he cannot get Railway Land back in Punjab. I really doubt it that you're from Punjab because where i live in Punjab, Patwari is king.

Jahangir Tareen, who handles all the finances, went from nothing to a Federal Minister of Industries during Musharraf era and came out one of the richest guys in Pakistan. Amazing.

Once again, you show yourself to be a mindless slave. Let's rip apart your argument and history. JT was already rich when he joined Musharraf's cabinet. He already owned Sugar Mills, shares in Pepsi and a very large land holding. His luck changed when he married his wife Amina Tareen who is the sister of Ahmad Mahmud, whose money JT used to bankroll his business ideas. I cannot believe that you're resorting to lies to make a point.

Shah Mehmood, a PPP guy and a feudal who rips off people from the south is today the Vice President of PTI .

Not a single NAB reference against him, and if he is doing this last i heard, PML-N has been ruling Punjab for the past 30 years. They must be really horrible at their jobs if they cannot arrest this man.

Aleem Khan, now one of the top tier leaders in PTI has a history of looting poor people in housing societies and earning billions.

And who has been ruling Punjab since 2008? And what about NAB, right now that is under the Fed Govt. Do you really think if PML-N had evidence against him, they would spare him. I mean come on, PML-N is a party of killers, remember Model Town Massacre.

Kasuri, another lota whose family had invited the British to take over Punjab.

Really when? In 1857 haha

Ejaz Chaudhry, a guy who was kicked out of Jamaat e Islami for his corruption is now standing as the head of Punjab PTI.

Seriously, what are you smoking? Jamat e Islami was never in power, so how would he commit corruption?

Pervez Khattak, the current CM of KPK previously served as an MP of ANP.

True, but if that's the standard you hold, look at the list of MP's elected in Punjab under PML-N ticket. Majority of them served as MP's under PML-Q ticket in 2002.

I'm only getting started... This is a big fat embarrassment for a party which claims to have brought 'change'

Started, i just squashed your arguments as you're resorting to lies just to make a point. Pathetic.

And who says Imran Khan is not corrupt ? A person who lives off corrupt people's money is the same way of putting it as morally corrupt. The amount of money overseas Pakistanis send him is unprecedented and what does he do with it ? Buying lotas from PML-Q, PPP, and PML-N and letting those guys come over and rigging intra party elections. The Dharnas and parties with the aid of DJ Butt in every corner of Pakistan is also another example of how funds are misused. Its not something which ordinary people like me are saying, ask the people who have distance themselves from the party, some of whom were founders.

The money overseas Pakistani's send him is for Shaukat Khanum and other Charitable Projects. You do realize, Shaukat Khanum and PTI are two different entities. If that is a hard concept for you to understand, i would be happy to explain it to you in Urdu. But it is still funny, how you're avoiding the corruption of the Sharif Family? Is IK as rich as the Sharif Family?

Now lets come to his assets. Bani Gala, the area of Islamabad where he lives is declared to be a 'gift' from Jamima. Thats totally hard to believe and and there is more to it. According to ECP he has exaggerated all his asset details and their worths and he is part of list of people who try to avoid paying taxes. People don't forget the day when he made the call for civil disobedience and to put it to other terms its basically another of saying he does not abide to the law of the government.

He bought land in Bani Gala in 1996, when nobody lived there at dirt cheap rates. When he moved there, people followed him, development started and now the area is worth more. How many houses do the Sharif's have? I am from Lahore, i can count atleast 9 in Lahore alone. Where did that money come from? How does Hussain Nawaz have assets worth billions of pounds in UK?

Dude seriously, stop, i mean there is a limit to one's slavery and pathetic ness and you have crossed that line manifolds. You're just all over the map.

So the next time people say he is 'honest', should really consider giving a hard thought.

I guess people do consider him honest, this is why they trust him and give him billions in charity. How much money will Nawaz Sharif raise if he started doing charity haha. Off course, he can pay out of his own pocket since he is a billionaire but than again, he is in the business of looting money and not giving it back.

For God's sake man, stop lying to make a point. Come out of this slave mentality. Anyways, the discussion is over from my side as you clearly lack the intellectual level required to have a decent discourse as your nokar mentality has clouded your judgement. I think i am better off arguing with a dog instead haha

Are you serious? Have you ever been to a Patwari? If Punjab is the only Province with a fancy computerized system, why is land grabbing such a huge business in Punjab. Heck, the Railways Minister Saad Rafique has been crying how he cannot get Railway Land back in Punjab. I really doubt it that you're from Punjab because where i live in Punjab, Patwari is king.

Once again, you show yourself to be a mindless slave. Let's rip apart your argument and history. JT was already rich when he joined Musharraf's cabinet. He already owned Sugar Mills, shares in Pepsi and a very large land holding. His luck changed when he married his wife Amina Tareen who is the sister of Ahmad Mahmud, whose money JT used to bankroll his business ideas. I cannot believe that you're resorting to lies to make a point.

Not a single NAB reference against him, and if he is doing this last i heard, PML-N has been ruling Punjab for the past 30 years. They must be really horrible at their jobs if they cannot arrest this man.

And who has been ruling Punjab since 2008? And what about NAB, right now that is under the Fed Govt. Do you really think if PML-N had evidence against him, they would spare him. I mean come on, PML-N is a party of killers, remember Model Town Massacre.

Really when? In 1857 haha

Seriously, what are you smoking? Jamat e Islami was never in power, so how would he commit corruption?

True, but if that's the standard you hold, look at the list of MP's elected in Punjab under PML-N ticket. Majority of them served as MP's under PML-Q ticket in 2002.

Started, i just squashed your arguments as you're resorting to lies just to make a point. Pathetic.

The money overseas Pakistani's send him is for Shaukat Khanum and other Charitable Projects. You do realize, Shaukat Khanum and PTI are two different entities. If that is a hard concept for you to understand, i would be happy to explain it to you in Urdu. But it is still funny, how you're avoiding the corruption of the Sharif Family? Is IK as rich as the Sharif Family?

He bought land in Bani Gala in 1996, when nobody lived there at dirt cheap rates. When he moved there, people followed him, development started and now the area is worth more. How many houses do the Sharif's have? I am from Lahore, i can count atleast 9 in Lahore alone. Where did that money come from? How does Hussain Nawaz have assets worth billions of pounds in UK?

Dude seriously, stop, i mean there is a limit to one's slavery and pathetic ness and you have crossed that line manifolds. You're just all over the map.

I guess people do consider him honest, this is why they trust him and give him billions in charity. How much money will Nawaz Sharif raise if he started doing charity haha. Off course, he can pay out of his own pocket since he is a billionaire but than again, he is in the business of looting money and not giving it back.

For God's sake man, stop lying to make a point. Come out of this slave mentality. Anyways, the discussion is over from my side as you clearly lack the intellectual level required to have a decent discourse as your nokar mentality has clouded your judgement. I think i am better off arguing with a dog instead haha

At the end of the day people elect who they feel can perform and so far PTI is a looser in Punjab with a mere 31 seats out of 312. So much so of that trust Imran Khan is getting. Guy even lost his seat in Mianwali :lol:

The only support this guy is ever going to get is from overseas Pakistanis like you. Its funny that you bring Shaukat Khanum into this. The land was given to him by Sharifs and he is so ungrateful that these days he is acting like badmash in Mianwali threatening people to give up their lands for Namal college.

Who is the patwari now ? :rofl:

PTI Junoon: Imran Khan warns of ‘use of power’ to get land for NAMAL - Daily Pakistan Global
Imran ‘makes jibe’ at land owners - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

No one can be a better philanthropist and a true nationalist than Edhi. He neither needs to go overseas nor needs to be in politics. Poor guy was not even spared by none other than Imran Khan and his cronies :angry:

Last edited:
No one can be a better philanthropist and a true nationalist than Edhi. He neither needs to go overseas nor needs to be in politics. Poor guy was not even spared by none other than Imran Khan

:o:Wtf? can't believe they threatened him:angry: :hitwall: but what he said on 0:38 asad umar?

Back
Top Bottom