What's new

As U.S. hits 4 million coronavirus cases in record time, deaths are also surging

beijingwalker

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
As U.S. hits 4 million coronavirus cases in record time, deaths are also surging
By Sean Boynton Global News

Posted July 23, 2020 8:33 pm

Coronavirus cases in the United States surpassed 4 million on Thursday, a milestone that was reached at an accelerated pace as cases — and now deaths — surge across the country.

Thursday also saw more than 1,000 deaths from COVID-19 in 24 hours for the third day in a row, as cases overwhelm hospitals in multiple states including California, Florida and Texas.

While it took nearly 100 days for the U.S. to reach 1 million confirmed cases back in late April, it only took 16 days for infections to grow from 3 million to 4 million, according to public health data compiled by Johns Hopkins University.

Cases have been rising by an average of over 60,000 daily for nearly two weeks now. That translates to roughly 2,600 per hour nationwide, the highest rate in the world.

Data shows more than 144,000 Americans have now died from the virus to date. That number is still expected to rise Thursday as more states report, despite the day’s total already reaching 1,044 fatalities by the early evening.

Even though deaths are rising in the United States for a second week in a row, they remain well below levels seen in April, when 2,000 people a day on average died from the virus.

Outside experts along with researchers from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention say both the true case total and death toll may be up to 10 times higher than the official data shows, due to shortages in testing during the early stages of the pandemic.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7212352/us-coronavirus-4-million-cases/

U.S. records over 1,100 COVID-19 deaths for third straight day
JULY 24, 2020 / 10:03 AM / UPDATED AN HOUR AGO

(Reuters) - The United States recorded more than 1,100 deaths from COVID-19 for the third day in a row on Thursday, as the outbreak strained hospitals in California, Florida and Texas, according to a Reuters tally.

The rise in the U.S. death toll has not seen back-to-back days with over 1,100 lives lost since late May. Many states and local governments in May lifted restrictions and reopened beaches, restaurants and businesses, triggering a surge in infections of the novel coronavirus in June and an increase in fatalities in July.

So far in July, 17 states have broken one-day records for increases in COVID-19 deaths, according to a Reuters tally.

Deaths rose by at least 1,014 to a total of 144,211 on Thursday compared with a rise of 1,135 on Wednesday and a jump of 1,141 on Tuesday. Total cases across the United States surpassed 4 million and rose by at least 60,000 on Thursday.

Texas reported at least 174 deaths, Florida 173, California 152 and Arizona 89 deaths. Florida’s deaths were a one-day record as were 37 deaths in Tennessee.

Even though deaths are rising in the United States for a second week in a row, they remain well below levels seen in April, when 2,000 people a day on average died from the virus.

Among the 20 countries with the largest outbreaks, the United States ranks sixth highest globally for deaths per capita, according to a Reuters analysis.

https://in.reuters.com/article/heal...9-deaths-for-third-straight-day-idINKCN24P05A

What if Trump get vaccine before election?

In my opinion? Won’t make that much of a difference. Although anything is of course possible.

Time is going by very fast, before we know it, it will be election time.

In my opinion? Won’t make that much of a difference. Although anything is of course possible.

Time is going by very fast, before we know it, it will be election time.
He likely could - because his base will go to the polls but the swing voters and dems wont due to corona or will be made less impactful due to his “rigging” of voting process and eligibility.

He likely could - because his base will go to the polls but the swing voters and dems wont due to corona.

Donald Trump needs much more than his base to be reelected.

This time around, many independent and suburban white women are not going to vote for him.

It’s possible, but I don’t think they will stay home no matter what. For many, there will be strong incentive to vote

If USA didnt do drama over masks things could have been so much better.

I live in vancouver and barely any cases here. Everything open for last few weeks.

USA has been manipulating its covid-19 data. The real numbers of infected and dead are many times more than reported. I reckon almost a million Americans died already. People with preexisting conditions are particularly vulnerable. Those who don't die get permanent respiratory and nervous system damage.

For example, I noticed that @gambit hasn't been around lately. Maybe he was beaten up by Americans for spreading the coronavirus as a Vietnamese American.

USA has been manipulating its covid-19 data. The real numbers of infected and dead are many times more than reported. I reckon almost a million Americans died already. People with preexisting conditions are particularly vulnerable. Those who don't die get permanent respiratory and nervous system damage.

For example, I noticed that @gambit hasn't been around lately. Maybe he was beaten up by Americans for spreading the coronavirus as a Vietnamese American.

If one looks into Vietnam's Covid-19 numbers, he couldn't help but speculate if Vietnamese might have been somehow already immune to Covid-19, as they did it without "lock down" or "social distancing".

Donald Trump needs much more than his base to be reelected.

This time around, many independent and suburban white women are not going to vote for him.

It’s possible, but I don’t think they will stay home no matter what. For many, there will be strong incentive to vote
Seeing mainstream US media regurgitating non-stop on how it was Russia that brought him into power the last time, what is stopping them doing it one more time?

Wrong! @gambit has been busy Doing test runs of a new ship That is capable of achieving warp capability.

Back
Top Bottom