What's new

As the world focuses on coronavirus, a deadly flu has killed at least 10,000 Americans

Well because so many Chinese travel everywhere and you have 90,000 deaths just from the flu maybe you shouldn't be wondering why you are getting special attention over the Coronavirus.
Honestly I don't know how many die from the flu each year in China, but we have 1.4 billion people, whatever invovles China, the number won't be small.

Hey we are not the ones shutting down cities. Maybe you should consult the government and convince them that it's no big deal. After all we all benefit from economic stability.

Hey we are not the ones shutting down cities. Maybe you should consult the government and convince them that it's no big deal. After all we all benefit from economic stability.

Apparently the going excuse is everything is happening due to extreme Western Xenophobic pressure put on China about something that isn't a big deal.

It is a big deal, so the flu, those diseases are all big deals, at least worth talking about, it's US government tells US citizens that China's coronavirus is not a big threat to US cause it's been largely contained in a Chinese province, the seasonal flu is, the public attention should be more on the flu.

It is a big deal, so the flu, those diseases are all big deals, at least worth talking about, it's US government tells US citizens that China's coronavirus is not a big threat to US cause it's been largely contained in a Chinese province, the seasonal flu is, the public attention should be more on the flu.
It's been told many times that US and other Western countries do a lot to contain seasonal flu and the mortality rate of flu in both China and the US are extremely low. So why keep posting this?

Again, media here is recommend being calm. Economic instability is in nobody's interest. It's your China that's shutting down cities. So I don't know what your point here.

It's been told many times that US and other Western countries do a lot to contain seasonal flu and the mortality rate of flu in both China and the US are extremely low. So why keep posting this?

Again, media here is recommend being calm. Economic instability is in nobody's interest. It's your China that's shutting down cities. So I don't know what your point here.
It's US report that I came across today asking the public care more about the flu, it's related to the coronavirus happening in China, anything wrong with it? it's a taboo topic here?

It's US report that I came across today asking the public care more about the flu, it's related to the coronavirus happening in China, anything wrong with it? it's a taboo topic here?
We all know what your agenda is here. Just saying.

We all know what your agenda is here. Just saying.
What agenda, it's ongoing virus and closely related to the coronavirus in China and US experts warn US public about the deadly flu, it's the agenda you are talking about? what 's your agenda on this forum?

That's the weak argument CCP and it's stooges come up with. On one hand they claim Americans are not helping, when CDC offers help they deny permission. Now trying the classic propaganda of everything is fine, see US has more deaths than China. But these idiots don't know R0 of flu is only 1 while that of Corona is 4 which means, one person with nCorona can infect 4 healthy individuals. Corona is a Pandemic and the number of infected people is not slowing down and god knows if we can trust any data coming out of Communist countries whose cover-ups ended us in this mess.

That's the weak argument CCP and it's stooges come up with. On one hand they claim Americans are not helping, when CDC offers help they deny permission. Now trying the classic propaganda of everything is fine, see US has more deaths than China. But these idiots don't know R0 of flu is only 1 while that of Corona is 4 which means, one person with nCorona can infect 4 healthy individuals. Corona is a Pandemic and the number of infected people is not slowing down and god knows if we can trust any data coming out of Communist countries whose cover-ups ended us in this mess.
No one says everything is fine in China, that's your claim, when other countries having problems doesn't mean you are fine, so your logic is very strange, as for RO rate , now is still too early to tell cause it's a very new ongoing virus, it still needs more time to get to know this disease. If you don't believe China's data, check data from other countries, this virus is also found in dozens of foreign countries, check their data and find out.

_110796082_optimised-globalmapfinal-nc.png

Apparently the going excuse is everything is happening due to extreme Western Xenophobic pressure put on China about something that isn't a big deal.
Chinese complaining about xenophobia is rather ironic considering their own track record of racism.

Chinese complaining about xenophobia is rather ironic considering their own track record of racism.

Or weird ethnonationalist opinions.

I have seen Chinese people arguing that wet markets aren't unhygienic because Chinese people like them and therefore it cannot be bad.

Or weird ethnonationalist opinions.

I have seen Chinese people arguing that wet markets aren't unhygienic because Chinese people like them and therefore it cannot be bad.
Loool describes my flatmate. That’s nothing compared to some other shit she told me

Normal flu is not related to the Corona Virus, nor flu season are seen as an outbreak.

Not sure if you know, when it's near winter, the government always go into overdrive mode to ask people to take flu shot. (which is $10 per shot by the way and you can get it in any GP) you go take it and you will ride out the whole flu season without even getting sick.

Why there are that many people sick with flu and how come that many people died in flu? It's because first and foremost, you are talking about 100, if not thousand different virus in a single flu season, and some people will develop complication to either the vaccine or the flu virus, the most prominent are Reye's(or Reye) Syndrome which have 30% mortality rate, usually on children that recovered from a virus infection (like Flu Season) and majority of these people killed is either people who don't take flu shot or dickhead anti-vaxxer, if you don't take the vaccine and you catch on flu, you may develop pneumonia, or other complication such as renal failure and you died that way.

In Australia, up to 40% Australian did not take flu shot during winter.

On the other hand, you have corona virus, which is something novel and you do not have vaccine or anything to treat it with, the only course of action as of now is to basically let the disease run its course.

So as I said it many, MANY time, those two are different scenario. You die in flu season because you do nothing about it, you die in corona virus because there are nothing you can do about it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom