What's new

ARSA: We will not carry out attacks inside Bangladesh

Shorisrip

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Rohingya-690x450.jpg

'ARSA guarantees that we will not carry out any attack whatsoever inside the Rohingya refugee camps in Bangladesh'

The Arakan Rohjngya Salvation Army (ARSA) has assured Bangladesh that it will not cause anarchy at the Rohingya camps in Ukhiya and Teknaf upazilas of Cox’s Bazar or in any other part of the country, as their attacks are only conducted to defend themselves from the “terrorist Burmese (Myanmar) government.”

In the latest statement from the insurgent group on Wednesday, January 31, ARSA Commander-in-Chief Ataullah Abu Amar Jununi said: “ARSA guarantees that we will not carry out any attack whatsoever inside the Rohingya refugee camps in Bangladesh, as we respect the sovereignty of the country which is assisting millions of Rohingya people on humanitarian grounds.

“ARSA, in principle, strictly does not allow any of our members to attack civilians, their places of worship or properties, regardless of their religious and ethnic background.”

In addition, the ARSA leader alleged that there were a number of armed hijacking, drug and human trafficking groups disguised as ARSA members operating in both Rakhine state and Bangladesh, having been commissioned by the Myanmar government to tarnish the insurgent group’s image before the international community.

“ARSA has already declared that our sole objective is to protect the innocent Rohingya people. We have the legitimate right under international law to defend ourselves in line with the principle of self defence,” Ataullah said.

“In doing so, our attacks have only been aimed at the terrorist Burmese government and its terrorist military regime, in accordance with international norms and principles, and the attacks will continue until our demands are fulfilled,” he added.

Ataullah also warned groups masquerading as ARSA to refrain from doing so, as the insurgent organization would otherwise publicly name the leaders and members of such groups.

Furthermore, in an earlier statement published on social media, ARSA said the Myanmar government was not interested in the genuine repatriation of Rohingya refugees, and was instead using “dirty politics” with the international community.

According to the Bangladesh government’s Refugee Relief and Repatriation Commission, 688,350 Rohingya refugees entered the country between August 28, 2017, and January 30 this year, after ARSA attacks on police outposts in Myanmar led to a renewed military crackdown in Rakhine state.

On January 16, Bangladesh and Myanmar signed a document on the physical arrangement for repatriation of Rohingya refugees, after the two countries inked an agreement on the repatriation issue on November 23 last year.

source: http://www.dhakatribune.com/bangladesh/2018/02/02/arsa-will-not-carry-attacks-inside-bangladesh/

“ARSA has already declared that our sole objective is to protect the innocent Rohingya people. We have the legitimate right under international law to defend ourselves in line with the principle of self defence,” Ataullah said.

“In doing so, our attacks have only been aimed at the terrorist Burmese government and its terrorist military regime, in accordance with international norms and principles, and the attacks will continue until our demands are fulfilled,” he added.

Ataullah also warned groups masquerading as ARSA to refrain from doing so, as the insurgent organization would otherwise publicly name the leaders and members of such groups.

Furthermore, in an earlier statement published on social media, ARSA said the Myanmar government was not interested in the genuine repatriation of Rohingya refugees, and was instead using “dirty politics” with the international community.
The so-called ARSA itself is working for the Burmese government. It was ARSA that started the event by killing MM troops and Police, but then went into hiding when the MM security force started killing and expelling the Rohingyas, for whom the ARSA claims it is working for.

Now, the same ARSA is talking in a way that inhibits repatriation of the Rohingya refugees back to Arakan. BD must be vigilant about ARSA activities. It may attack BD border and kill our Buddhist citizens to create the situation more volatile. ARSA is not reliable. Its leadership has been bought by the MM govt. jades.

The so-called ARSA itself is working for the Burmese government. It was ARSA that started the event by killing MM troops and Police, but then went into hiding when the MM security force started killing and expelling the Rohingyas, for whom the ARSA claims it is working for.

Now, the same ARSA is talking in a way that inhibits repatriation of the Rohingya refugees back to Arakan. BD must be vigilant about ARSA activities. It may attack BD border and kill our Buddhist citizens to create the situation more volatile. ARSA is not reliable. Its leadership has been bought by the MM govt. jades.

ARSA is definitely not helping the situation, but I don't know if Myanmar is behind it.

Actually, ARSA led an attack on security forces in a village, on like around 7th January.

Whatever.ARSA is directly playing into the hands of burmese, even if we assume, they are not appointed by burmese army.Which is probably the case.

Rohingya existence within burma is too precarious to do any armed struggle.Their only hope rest on the international humanitarian support to regain their rights in their ancestral land in Arakan, including citizenship.

ARSA is a false flag. These stooges need to wiped out

There is no Arsa.... there are however ar**holes otherwise known as bamars....lol I mean you could not make it up....

Arsa is simply monkey false flag operators.... what possible reasons would Arsa have to carry out operation in the rohingya camp....

Anyhow BD needs to start training the rohingya to take the fight to the monkeys and their stooges....

Even if they were genuine, I'm not a fan of supporting any kind of insurgency or proxy, I feel it sends the wrong message to society. And like in this situation it ends up hurting more than helping.

Even if they were genuine, I'm not a fan of supporting any kind of insurgency or proxy, I feel it sends the wrong message to society. And like in this situation it ends up hurting more than helping.

You make sense... it distabalises the region and you end up like Afghanistan or Syria.

But there are scenarios where it may be justified and infact is a moral necessity. This is one of those cases.... the rohingya have been systematically marginalised and liquidated. There is no peace or reconciliation process and the genocide is government sponsored with no opposing voices or position allowed.

If I had a say I would have armed the Jews during ww2 and would arm the rohingya now.

You make sense... it distabalises the region and you end up like Afghanistan or Syria.

But there are scenarios where it may be justified and infact is a moral necessity. This is one of those cases.... the rohingya have been systematically marginalised and liquidated. There is no peace or reconciliation process and the genocide is government sponsored with no opposing voices or position allowed.

If I had a say I would have armed the Jews during ww2 and would arm the rohingya now.

I understand where you're coming from, it's very tempting, but I feel once we support war in a foreign land, it invites it into our own house too.

Eg. However corrupt BD govt is, I don't want good-hearted people funding anti govt violence in BD from abroad either.

Back
Top Bottom