What's new

Army Proposes To Raise An Additional Mountain Strike Corp

arp2041

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
The Indian Army has already proposed to the central government to raise an additional Mountain Strike Corps and a few more divisions to increase the size of the fighting force by close to another one lakh troops.

The meeting between the Army chief and cabinet committee also stressed on the need to enhance the Army's air lift capabilities in the north-eastern sector bordering China. The Army has requested further more to increase the stocks of ammunition of tanks and artillery guns, raise additional Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) squadrons and improve the reconnaissance and surveillance capabilities of the armed forces.

This is the third such meeting that has taken place to review the modernisation process of the army held by Mr. A. K. Antony after the former Army Chief Gen V. K. Singh highlighted the critical shortages faced by the force in a letter to the Prime Minister.

The Ministry of Defence and the Army have seriously got down to the table to discuss the China threat which is very much real and how best to counter it with their own strategy. They are not leaving any stone unturned and doing every bit at a time when the Armed forces have no budgetary constraints. New Delhi has assured the Armed forces billions of dollars more if need be to help accelerate the modernisation process.

Other than Mr. Antony and Gen Singh, Defence Secretary Shashikant Sharma, Secretary (Defence Production) Shekhar Aggrawal and Director General Acquisition Vivek Rae attended the review meeting.

Defence News - Army Proposes To Raise An Additional Mountain Strike Corp

Raising more infantry divisions is infact necessary but this alone can't ensure all aspect security of NE.We need to speed up the construction roads and rails so that men,machine,ammo can be quickly transported in and away from various battlefronts as and when required.Besides,army also need to enhance its heli transport capability and precision strike capability to put up an effectve and efficient rasistance and ward off any aggration in the NE from northern neighbour.

1 mountain strike corps in addition to the 10 divisions which we are raising.. fvuking awesome :woot: :woot:

oh god,how much time our IA would need to wait for the modern artillery??? artillery would be an added advantage to demolish the existing targets.:tup:

Last edited by a moderator:
M777 is on its way, also DRDO has tested the Gun created using bofors TOT and it works fine.

OFB has created and tested NEW arty gun using whatever TOT we receive in Bofors
DRDO has created and tested ANOTHER NEW arty gun by themself.
Now I think Army is testing both of them

Correct me if I am wrong

this deal is on table for 3 years(and only 145 nos.) . in mountain warfare artillery is most important .
Yes deal has been cleared. And it is through FMS. So delivery will be speedy :D

OFB has created and tested NEW arty gun using whatever TOT we receive in Bofors
DRDO has created and tested ANOTHER NEW arty gun by themself.
Now I think Army is testing both of them

Correct me if I am wrong

Yes deal has been cleared. And it is through FMS. So delivery will be speedy :D
DRDO gun is in initial testing phase , Production of bofors replica isn't going to start before 2014.

M777 Deal is yet to be signed , it has got CCS node but it is awaiting fiance ministry node ( to best of my knowledge )
Delivery of new gun is expected only in 2014 .

DRDO gun is in design phase , Production of bofors replica isn't going to start before 2014.

M777 Deal is yet to be signed , it has got CCS node but it is awaiting fiance ministry node ( to best of my knowledge )
Delivery of new gun is expected only in 2014 .
DRDO gun has been tested once. I think Vk. Sing mentioned it in one of his interview. I will try to find the link

Back
Top Bottom