What's new

Army major killed in 6-hour-long gun-battle in IOK

Neither can a Kashmiri Separatist be called a terrorist ..... Now read the posts by Indian Members ........ Each and Every Indian member has violated this rule (and a lot have used abusive language)..My point was "If you can`t respect others , don`t expect that others will respect you "
Where do you draw the line then hmm? Are Balouch separatists fighting the mighty PA brave soldiers who deserve your respect? Are the TTP who slaughter innocents on Pakistani streets brave soldiers ? OF COURSE NOT. I've seen countless Pakistani members call TTP/Balouch terrorists dogs and scum and the like and many Indians agreeing with these names, not once have I seen an Indian praise the work of such terrorists.

But as far as Kashmir is concerned too many of you Pakistani members are of the opinion "do as I say, not as I do"

This continued attempt to separate the "good" and "bad" terrorists is biting you back on a daily basis and yet you guys persist....... what does that say about you?

They were local Kashmiris .... Abdul Haq of Arwani , Asif Wani of Drubgam and Shabir Gorsi of Rajouri.

And plz don`t tell us that you Indians are so great ......... No need for that .... This thread has already seen enough

Forum Policy on Kashmir related threads :

Of late we've been hitting ideological debating road blocks between Indians and Pakistanis about the issue that stems from the use of the word terrorists for Kashmiri Separatists" or the use of the word terrorists for the Indian Army.

To move the debates forward, we're enforcing the use of the term "Kashmiri separatists" and enforcing ALL uniformed armies be given their due respect as soldiers.

The debates on this forum would never move forward without this and every debate would come to a stand still.

A few explanations to the arguments we've heard:

1) Why can Pakistani Taliban be called terrorists and not Kashmiri Separatists?

The UN recognizes Kashmir as a disputed territory. Hence all the fighting on this disputed territory becomes legitimate. The simple notion is, whoever controls as much territory by whatever means - that's theirs till someone else forces a change.

Kashmiri Separatists, by mission target the Indian Army and Indian Army targets the Kashmiri Separatists. That by definition makes them Enemy Combatants not terrorists. Discounting collateral damage of course as intent is almost impossible to prove or disprove.

The Taliban are fighting and bombing Pakistani citizens and on Pakistani land, the UN recognizes Pakistani government as the ultimate authority on all places Pakistan. For the UN there is no disputed territory within Pakistani borders.

The Taliban have targeted and killed civilians in the thousands and that by definition makes them terrorists.
2) Why not allow the freedom to choose whatever term is preferred?

We can't allow the freedom to use any term as the user wants to, as we censor and prohibit a lot of offensive terms that others might want to use for the uniformed armies. Some may be okay with it, but the quality of this forum demands that soldiers not be described with any obscene expletives.

The terms that must be followed:

1. Kashmiri Separatists, for all separatist groups in Jammu and Kashmir
2. Soldiers, for all uniformed armies

Our proposed solution utilizes neutral terms to make it acceptable for all parties to continue on with the debate and remove the focus from the name calling. This is in no means an enforcement of a point of view, you're free to criticize/support a political point of view. Focus should be on the debate of issues, not on mocking/point scoring.

Compliance is mandatory.

Kashmiri jihadis and taliban are of same category. Let me remind you about hero of hizb ul mujahideen, mast gul.

Born as Haroon Khan and known by his nom de guerre Mast Gul, he was earlier considered to be an asset of the Pakistani intelligence establishment. Being a commander of the Hizbul Mujahideen, Gul was given a hero’s welcome by the Jamaat-e-Islami Pakistan when he crossed over to Muzaffarabad in 1995 by dodging the Indian security forces after the Charrar Sharif episode.
Mast Gul wanted dead or alive - thenews.com.pk

And now

The high ups in the security agencies of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa have made it known to all and sundry in their departments that they want Mast Gul to be treated as a “Most Wanted Terrorist” who should be arrested on priority basis, no matter dead or alive. Gul has masterminded three major acts of terrorism in Peshawar and Kohat in February 2014 alone which killed 24 people.

His spokesman has claimed responsibility for these acts which targeted the Shia community. Mast Gul had resurfaced in North Waziristan on February 5, 2014 with the TTP commander, Mufti Ehsaan Swati, claiming responsibility for the February 4, 2014 suicide bombing targeting a restaurant in Qissa Khwani Bazaar of Peshawar, killing 10 people, mostly Shias.

Mast Gul wanted dead or alive - thenews.com.pk

Where do you draw the line then hmm? Are Balouch separatists fighting the mighty PA brave soldiers who deserve your respect? Are the TTP who slaughter innocents on Pakistani streets brave soldiers ? OF COURSE NOT. I've seen countless Pakistani members call TTP/Balouch terrorists dogs and scum and the like and many Indians agreeing with these names, not once have I seen an Indian praise the work of such terrorists.

But as far as Kashmir is concerned too many of you Pakistani members are of the opinion "do as I say, not as I do"

This continued attempt to separate the "good" and "bad" terrorists is biting you back on a daily basis and yet you guys persist....... what does that say about you?

Do you see any Pakistani Members supporting Naxalites ?? , A lot of Indian members call them terrorists , Some say that their grievances must be addressed .... Same here , A lot of Pakistani Members consider Baloch Nationalists "terrorists" , but then there are members who support some of their legitimate demands .....

Now Naxalite insurgency is India`s domestic problem and we are not concerned about how Indians deal with it .... Balochistan insurgency is Pakistan`s internal matter and Indians should not be concerned about it ............... And then the "line" you were talking about ......

Kashmir is a UN recognized disputed territory . Indians claim that Kashmir is an integral part of India . Pakistanis believe that Kashmir is the "jugular vein" of Pakistan and Kashmir is part of Pakistan that has been illegally occupied by India ... Kashmiris are Pakistanis ........ Hence all the fighting on this disputed territory becomes legitimate. The simple notion is, whoever controls as much territory by whatever means - that's theirs till someone else forces a change.

Kashmiri Separatists, by mission target the Indian Army and Indian Army targets the Kashmiri Separatists. That by definition makes them Enemy Combatants not terrorists. Discounting collateral damage of course as intent is almost impossible to prove or disprove.

Hence the forum rule :

2) Why not allow the freedom to choose whatever term is preferred?

We can't allow the freedom to use any term as the user wants to, as we censor and prohibit a lot of offensive terms that others might want to use for the uniformed armies. Some may be okay with it, but the quality of this forum demands that soldiers not be described with any obscene expletives.

The terms that must be followed:

1. Kashmiri Separatists, for all separatist groups in Jammu and Kashmir
2. Soldiers, for all uniformed armies

Our proposed solution utilizes neutral terms to make it acceptable for all parties to continue on with the debate and remove the focus from the name calling. This is in no means an enforcement of a point of view, you're free to criticize/support a political point of view. Focus should be on the debate of issues, not on mocking/point scoring.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom