What's new

Army guns down two militants on LoC, foils infiltration bid

OrionHunter

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Two militants trying to sneak into Indian territory were killed in a gunfight with armymen in the wee hours of Wednesday.

The encounter took place along the LoC in Kupwara district of Jammu and Kashmir.

News reports said that around 3 am, a group of militants tried to enter the Indian side of the LoC at Keran sector and was challenged. A gunfight ensued in which two militants were killed.

No army personnel were injured in the gun-battle.

Read more at: Army guns down two militants on LoC, foils infiltration bid : India, News - India Today

Covering fire from across to divert attention of Indian troops to aid infiltration of terrorists didn't seem to work this time! And won't in the future too!

Way to go! :tup:

Two militants trying to sneak into Indian territory were killed in a gunfight with armymen in the wee hours of Wednesday.

The encounter took place along the LoC in Kupwara district of Jammu and Kashmir.

News reports said that around 3 am, a group of militants tried to enter the Indian side of the LoC at Keran sector and was challenged. A gunfight ensued in which two militants were killed.

No army personnel were injured in the gun-battle.

Read more at: Army guns down two militants on LoC, foils infiltration bid : India, News - India Today

Covering fire from across to divert attention of Indian troops to aid infiltration of terrorists didn't seem to work this time! And won't in the future too!

Way to go! :tup:

We need to permanently seal the LOC and the remaining Indo-Pak border to prevent these incursions from militants from the Pakistani side.

I am thinking something along the lines of Great Wall of China/Berlin Wall all across the LOC and India-Pak border (and India-BD border).

I wonder if such a project is feasible financially to fund by the GoI?

We need to permanently seal the LOC and the remaining Indo-Pak border to prevent these incursions from militants from the Pakistani side.

I am thinking something along the lines of Great Wall of China/Berlin Wall all across the LOC and India-Pak border (and India-BD border).

That won't be cost effective. Walls can still be scaled. It's better to kill these yahoos either whilst infiltrating or within the Valley itself. After all, they do provide good target practice to our recruits undergoing training!

But the downside is that the shops selling those tin targets in Jammu have gone out of business!! Why buy these when one has free and live targets to fire at to improve one's marksmanship ratings?? :D

well done army!! Kill them all..!! 2 more liberated!!

Only the beginning.The answer to the pak army is still coming.Eye for an eye,life for a life.

i hate to say this but the key to an effective military is predominantly tons and tons of real combat experience.
While America creates war to get battle hardened veterans and field tested weaponry ,we have an endless supply of cannon fodder for our grunts. The Goi and IAF haven't sealed the De-facto border up for a mix of political,strategic and logistical reasons.

what we need now is state of the art surveillance systems that always keep us one step ahead of the enemy.

i hate to say this but the key to an effective military is predominantly tons and tons of real combat experience.
While America creates war to get battle hardened veterans and field tested weaponry ,we have an endless supply of cannon fodder for our grunts. The Goi and IAF haven't sealed the De-facto border up for a mix of political,strategic and logistical reasons.

Except the problem is our Army is not so good at shooting, and some of these (quite a few actually) get through to Kashmir and start creating anti-India feeling/atmosphere.

That won't be cost effective. Walls can still be scaled. It's better to kill these yahoos either whilst infiltrating or within the Valley itself. After all, they do provide good target practice to our recruits undergoing training!

But the downside is that the shops selling those tin targets in Jammu have gone out of business!! Why buy these when one has free and live targets to fire at to improve one's marksmanship ratings?? :D

Except the problem is our Army is not so good at shooting, and some of these (quite a few actually) get through to Kashmir and start creating anti-India feeling/atmosphere.

ill send another hyperbole your way, our intelligence, homeland security and local security bodies need training too:laughcry:

In past few years cross border infiltrations have been checked but the army needs to rethink its patrol tactics.

I don't know military tactics but the recent deaths of our soldiers have all occurred while they were on patrol with no support teams and no nearby outposts, in worst weather conditions.

Even a civilian like thinks its suicidal to send patrol of few men in a mountainous area with overgrowth near the unguarded fence that too in night.

May their souls rest in peace.

Another 2 presumably young men dead in an ongoing battle which never seems to cease. A lack of political maturity or a lack of political will to sit around a table and resolve the issue .. who knows :undecided:

what we need now is state of the art surveillance systems that always keep us one step ahead of the enemy.

You got that backwards. America creates good soldiers so that they can fight wars; they don't fight wars so that they can make good soldiers.

If your statement was true, it would be a chicken and egg thing. Instead of fighting wars to create soldiers, they can simply decide not to wage wars, and hence have no need for soldiers.

You got that backwards. America creates good soldiers so that they can fight wars; they don't fight wars so that they can make good soldiers.

If your statement was true, it would be a chicken and egg thing. Instead of fighting wars to create soldiers, they can simply decide not to wage wars, and hence have no need for soldiers.

Military leadership or capable tactics don't get made in classrooms or training grounds. Real combat and continuously evolving strategy is what defines a capable military institution.And fyi its an opinion of a comparative nature , i figured the readers would have as much understanding to take it in context.

as for the bold part i have frankly no idea what ur talking about, war and solders are only an arm that works for defence and improvement of self interest . The need for a fighting force can never not exist.

In past few years cross border infiltrations have been checked but the army needs to rethink its patrol tactics.

I don't know military tactics but the recent deaths of our soldiers have all occurred while they were on patrol with no support teams and no nearby outposts, in worst weather conditions.

Even a civilian like thinks its suicidal to send patrol of few men in a mountainous area with overgrowth near the unguarded fence that too in night.
It's not suicidal by any stretch of imagination! The fact is that SOPs didn't seem to have been followed. There are well laid out procedures whilst doing patrolling. I think our guys took it easy and were taken by complete surprise! Otherwise there is just no way that they could get killed in this fashion. The CO needs to be hauled up for this unforgivable lapse. One can't take the enemy for granted and you need to keep your ears and eyes open always.

Back
Top Bottom