What's new

Army General GD Bakshi's speech equated to 'hate-mongering' by IIT-Madras student

dont get emotional.. unlike you I have actually met them.. not the brightest... so they saying kill the pakistanis or cut them into 4 wont surprise me.... a general who studied in officer's college should know what to speak where..
You don't know me, so you should revisit your comment.. Whichever soldier you've seen may be a douchebag, but I've seen and worked with some real badasses.. I won't consider me in that lot however.. So you should think again about your view on the soldiers generally..
Getting emotional ?? What else people like us can do, when we see comments like this..
Officer's college not only teach generals on how to speak and what to speak but instead, theoretically it grooms them to be the leaders of a country's armed forces.. Meeting out verbal threats with equal venom is never considered to be a rogue act.. However, an Army man in service can refrain himself from commenting about other countries in public forums, but this chap is a retired one, and so he vent his anger out, since he is not answerable to anyone, that's it.. what's the big fuss all about??

You don't know me, so you should revisit your comment.. Whichever soldier you've seen may be a douchebag, but I've seen and worked with some real badasses.. I won't consider me in that lot however.. So you should think again about your view on the soldiers generally..
Getting emotional ?? What else people like us can do, when we see comments like this..
Officer's college not only teach generals on how to speak and what to speak but instead, theoretically it grooms them to be the leaders of a country's armed forces.. Meeting out verbal threats with equal venom is never considered to be a rogue act.. However, an Army man in service can refrain himself from commenting about other countries in public forums, but this chap is a retired one, and so he vent his anger out, since he is not answerable to anyone, that's it.. what's the big fuss all about??
i wont call semi-literate people douchebag... they are dumb(relatively speaking)... just like tonnes of Indians.. just like havaldars or lower ranked people in every office... thats the base from which IA selects... so no surprise there..
badass in what sense... solved a tricky puzzle and surprised you.... ?

@Joe Shearer I apologize for offending you. My intention was to stop any animosity between you two respected members. I stand by what i said about the JNU issue with regard to @MilSpec. Have i endorsed his opinion? You may not have liked his bringing up of the topic, but is it his fault? He had a genuine doubt, maybe his opinion, whatever. He wanted you to put forth your views in a way he wanted to hear. But I just think that you could brush your anger aside.

I do not understand why the fact that i post less has a lot to do with your assumption of my lack of understanding on issues that you did not like me commenting on.

Why should i post when i think that the there are much better informed members than me posting on issues which i would like to learn? Why should i post just inane one-liners just to increase my post count and rudimentary member privileges? How does this militate against my ability to understand people?

My domain of knowledge is fluid mechanics, fluid turbulence, computational fluid dynamics an a couple of other fields. Should i be talking about these on this forum? With you? Will you be able to understand and correct me even if i am grossly wrong on these fields? Should i consider you to be a nincompoop if you cannot do so? Would this be a logical argument?

What prejudice have i put across? Have i opposed your opinions? I have merely asked you to consider certain aspects about yourself. You have spent a lot of time replying to me while spending little time reading what i have tried to convey.

Double standards is what everyone has. It has a lot to do with one's biases and the egoistic need to cling on to then even in the face of quality counter-arguments. It can be intentional of unintentional. You decide what it usually is for you. I know what it is for me. No one should claim to be free from it however much we resent such an insinuation.

I am working with one of the greatest sons that India has produced, born a bit more than a decade before our independence. He is a highly respected and world renowned scientist. He has helped our country on technical issues, policy drafting etc. Yet he keeps a low profile and exhibits no airs. His peers treat him as more than an equal. His humility, knowledge, ideals, openness are exemplary. When he speaks with us he simple advises and suggests things, while asking us to verify his hunches since he may be wrong. It is a great honour to be associated with him. Respect from knowledge, respect from behaviour, and try to emulate him.

Why should i ignore you when i have come to learn from you knowledge and arguments? You can ignore me, as if it makes any difference to me. I am assured that i know where your petulance stems from, and i smile knowing about it, just as other senior respected Pakistani members have pointed out. I shall ask you a few questions if i feel that you will answer that you will answer them. If you continue to be in your infantile anger and choose not to reply then i will cease to ask you, it is that simple.

Age is just a number. Not every aspect of our behaviour is commensurate with our age. I have changed slowly, hopefully for the better, over the 6 years since i have joined - simply because i realised my multiple flaws.

I apologize once again. Good day!

Yeah this happened yesterday, It's done by those APSC nutjobs, leftists and Dravidian loonies, "studying/researching humanities" for about 10 years. They were in the news a few months ago if you remember when their official funding was cut off and congis made a stink about it.

They tried to disrupt the speech he was delivering yesterday. Orgs like these are making it another JNU, hopefully the govt takes notice.
Do any of you have Gen. Bakshi's full speech at IIT-M!!? Please could you guys share?

Do any of you have Gen. Bakshi's full speech at IIT-M!!? Please could you guys share?
I could not find the exact speech,dont think it's uploaded yet, but here is the speech he delivered in IIT Delhi, on the same topic, so it should be similar:

The Pakistan part comes in right at the start :lol:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom