Army, CPMF, Police forces evince interest in NAL SlyBird MAV

Srinivas

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Army, CPMF, Police forces evince interest in NAL SlyBird MAV

slybird.jpg

While the ADE Imperial Eagle gets set for customer trials, a corresponding development, the SlyBird MAV by the National Aerospace Laboratory (NAL) has already garnered a reputation for itself as a field ready platform for surveillance and reconnaissance. The SlyBird team has already conducted demonstrations of the platform for the Army and ITBP in high-altitude conditions in Leh, to the Punjab Police and to the BSF and CRPF.

NAL has also signed MoUs with private firms for possible joint development and production. The 2.6-kg SlyBird has an endurance of 60 minutes, a forward looking pan-tilt day/IR camera and a range of about 10 km. Like the Imperial Eagle, the SlyBird is hand launched with a soft landing capability. It is pertinent to note that NAL is also holding a national level MAV competition among academic institutions. Technologies garnered from these programmes are likely to feed into mainline projects for the Indian security forces.

Army, CPMF, Police forces evince interest in NAL SlyBird MAV | idrw.org

Two product for same purpose. Thats interesting..........

Make them in bulk and give it to CRPF for uprooting Naxalites. Pour in billions because internal insurgency directly affect our economy and state of affairs than some external insurgents.

Actually Imperial Eagle is more advanced which can be operated via autopilot..but both Imperial Eagle and SlyBird has similar range and endurance.thats quite interesting and thats a good achievement.Congrats.. :cheers:

Imperial Eagle

url

Make them in bulk and give it to CRPF for uprooting Naxalites. Pour in billions because internal insurgency directly affect our economy and state of affairs than some external insurgents.

Keep taking your eye off the ball. Government Corruption mate is the root cause of all these problems. Just look at how long it took the govt to think about passing some substandard laws around Burecrats who take too long to give raiton cards, passports, etc. They are still thinking about it. Its exmples like this that show how fuked up Congress is. They are so against Lok Pal but think their half *** attempt is best. Yea right.

Another interesting point look at how long it will take to get justice for the rape victim Nirbyha. How mnay women have been raped/killed before and after this incident. our govt has not dont ****.

I think using this and other resources is great against the Maoiss threat but realize this threat grew in a major headache because our politicans were too busy stealing money for supplies, buying substandard equipment and pocketing the difference, etc. You guys forget how bad our forces were supplied.

@axisofevil I know about reasons behind Naxalites. I am among those who blame State for Naxal problem.

But I don't support them either. They have lost their cause and turned into demon they were supposed to fight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom