What's new

ARMY CHIEF QAMAR BAJWA’S FAMILY BECOMES BILLIONAIRE WITHIN THE LAST SIX YEARS

پلاٹ ہم نے اس لیے لیے کیونکہ ہمیں وطن کی مٹی سے محبت ہے اور اسکا ثبوت یہی ہے ہمارے پاس 100 پلاٹ ہیں - باجوہ

Ironic - no probe on the wealth of Bajwa and family. But probe on how the public was informed. The country is a joke
Not all COAS' are the same. Some better than others. Kiyani was a disaster, Raheel better, then this latest fellow took us to a different level.
The position of the COAS and its unbridled control over the institution will kill the institution. Even the SSG COAS was a disaster, as he bypassed all norms, processes and procedures. These institutions have been destroyed from within by 3rd rate officers who work the political angle better than a professional soldier.

It is hard for me to see why Pakistan masses let these Generals amass such wealth without any oversight?

While we do have corruption here, but it is not at this mega scale. Our founder Julius really lived a humble life right till the very end.

1669064514570.jpeg

Yet the state is helpless in turning this around or holding people accountable. The State is completely powerless in the front of the military and its industrial complex.What happens to the military bases and barracks is another massive scandal. Bases are sliced and diced over years - all for the "greater good" of providing services to the citizenry and Shaheed families. Housing units, malls, theatres - it is mind-numbing what the military bureaucracy focuses on.

Given our generational and familial romance with this institution - call me a romantic optimist.
Ironic - no probe on the wealth of Bajwa and family. But probe on how the public was informed. The country is a joke
Not all COAS' are the same. Some better than others. Kiyani was a disaster, Raheel better, then this latest fellow took us to a different level.
The position of the COAS and its unbridled control over the institution will kill the institution. Even the SSG COAS was a disaster, as he bypassed all norms, processes and procedures. These institutions have been destroyed from within by 3rd rate officers who work the political angle better than a professional soldier.
Sorry brother.

For most of us, even Raheel is dumb or deliberately , bcaz he chose to forward Bajwa file to PM. He could’ve just not take his file and take only ashfaq nadeem, javed ramdey etc to pm but no he had to give bajwa file too……what kind of dung general does that.

All these chiefs are a stain on the shuhada. May Allahs wrath be upon every piece of shit corrupt arsehole in the entire military
(Whether low rank or high rank).

This vile imposter Bajwa including others like him still living or are dead think were above the law and nobody can question them. Well One day , they will appear in Allahs court and will go to hell soon traitors have sold out our Pakistan and Kashmir.

Joining any military is a joke, they all are currupt and will use you as simple canon fodder to maintain their power. All countries armies are currupt. You guy wont hear about the Norwegian, Israeli or indian COAS curruptions because they hide it. Its all par for the course for All armies. Pakistan is no different.
Indian Army Generals for all their faults and atrocities in Kashmir in other parts of India, are not billionaires, unlike their Pakistani counterparts.

Why am i not surprised. This traitor have looted and destroyed the country.

I could never understand why Pakistanis back home never dealt with this themselves. There’s enough of them

We see Iranians are in open revolt against their corrupt rulers enough is enough for them

Are Pakistanis just culturally programmed only care about making lots of monies I really don’t get it why they are so impotent

Dar takes notice of ‘illegal, unwarranted’ leak of COAS Bajwa’s family’s tax records

Dawn.com | Tahir Sherani
November 21, 2022

<p>Chief of Army Staff Gen Qamar Javed Bajwa (R) and Finance Minister Ishaq Dar. — DawnNewsTV/ISPR</p>

Chief of Army Staff Gen Qamar Javed Bajwa (R) and Finance Minister Ishaq Dar. — DawnNewsTV/ISPR
Finance Minister Ishaq Dar on Monday took notice of the “illegal and unwarranted” leak of the tax records of Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa’s family members.

“This is clearly violative of the complete confidentiality of tax information that the law provides,” a statement issued by the finance ministry stated, a day after a report by investigative news website FactFocus, which allegedly cited tax returns and wealth statements, claimed that the COAS’ family had amassed billions of rupees in the last six years.

“In view of this serious lapse on the part of to-date unknown functionaries, the finance minister has directed the special assistant to the prime minister (SAPM) on Revenue Tariq Mehmood Pasha to personally lead an immediate investigation into the violation of tax law and breach of Federal Board of Revnue (FBR) data, affix responsibility and submit a report within 24 hours,” the handout said.

FactFocus describes itself as a “Pakistan-based digital media news organisation working on data-based investigative news stories”.

The website has previously published in-depth stories on the “misappropriation of funds” by a number of politicians and other powerful sectors in Pakistan, including PTI chairman Imran Khan and former dictator General Pervez Musharraf.

In 2020, the publication had released a report regarding the alleged offshore properties and businesses of former China-Pakistan Economic Corridor Authority chairman Lt-Gen retired Asim Saleem Bajwa and his family.

Last year, the website had claimed to have obtained audio of former chief justice Saqib Nisar giving orders to convict former premier Nawaz Sharif and his daughter Maryam Nawaz.

According to the FactFocus report regarding the alleged tax records of COAS Bajwa’s family, the current market value of the known assets and business of the army chief, both within and outside Pakistan, amounted to Rs12.7 billion.

The report also shared the alleged wealth statements of Gen Bajwa and his family from 2013 to 2021.

It claimed that the assets of Gen Bajwa’s wife, Ayesha Amjad, went from zero in 2016 to Rs2.2 billion (declared and known) in six years. The report stated the amount didn’t include residential plots, commercial plots and houses given by the army to her husband.

The report also alleged that the total worth of the declared assets of Mahnoor Sabir (Gen Bajwa’s daughter-in-law ) jumped from zero in last week of October 2018 to Rs1,271 million on Nov 2, 2018, while the assets of Mahnoor’s sister Hamna Naseer went from zero in 2016 to “billions” by 2017.

Furthermore, the tax returns of Sabir Hameed — the army chief’s son’s father-in-law — were less than a million in 2013 but “in the coming years, he became a billionaire”, the website claimed.

According to the publication, it was unable to obtain data about assets in the name of Gen Bajwa’s two sons.
Just as in US with wikileaks, the war crimes that were exposed were not taken as serious as the act of leaking it.

Last edited:
I could never understand why Pakistanis back home never dealt with this themselves. There’s enough of them

We see Iranians are in open revolt against their corrupt rulers enough is enough for them

Are Pakistanis just culturally programmed only care about making lots of monies I really don’t get it why they are so impotent
I know right, at times it feels like overseas care more than them

They should be dragging these bastards out onto the streets or something, but you commonly see noonies even defending it sometimes

Honestly the direction things are headed, it's not looking good for Pakistan.

- mullah regime of Iran is corrupt af, their kids drink, have parties, and post it all on IG
that didn't trigger anything as that's been going on for decades

its when the economy started sliding in the late 2000s, that's what triggered a mass protest movement (which was repressed by killing 1000s of people)
the same thing in Egypt, brutal corrupt af military but the economy is stable, basically, every Muslim country is suffering from the same issues probably more so than us in many ways, except for Indonesia, Malaysia and Turkey others are more or less similar only thing that separates them are more resources or less population

as long as people are fed people usually do not berserk
either your populace is well-fed and educated and has nothing to fear or are or so poor like in yemen etc that they have nothing to lose

Fbr please leak the info on assets and wealth of all these Lt Generals and crore commanders invluding ghafoora…. Lets see their wealth.

It is hard for me to see why Pakistan masses let these Generals amass such wealth without any oversight?
It is hard for me to see why the cows let the milkman amass such wealth without any oversight.

Back
Top Bottom