What's new

Aridaman Class: A new series of nuclear submarine

Interesting to note the comparative size difference between S-5 and S-2. Can't say for sure (@randomradio @hellfire you guys can say better), but looks like S-5 is around 1.4-1.6 times that of Arihant.
Sir Arihant is on patrol though TD only. Aridhman is stretched in dimensions because of insistence from Chidambaram. But it is 3 boat series that was a surprise when I saw them discussing it few days back. Also S5 boat is 12-14000 tons that is very heavier class of boat, double the size of Arihant.

Hmm now the bigger reactor core starts making sense. Does that also translates to higher VLS and TT magazine capacity? @Abingdonboy
It will have 12-16 VLS cells for K-4 and K-5 series.

With the Indian penchant of self exploding subs, I hope it does not pollute the whole of our seas with radiation.
Coming from the begger nation that can't even produce a 2,000 ton vessel without external support.

Interesting to note the comparative size difference between S-5 and S-2. Can't say for sure (@randomradio @hellfire you guys can say better), but looks like S-5 is around 1.4-1.6 times that of Arihant.
S-2 is a one-off design, S-3 (Aridaman) class is signifcantly larger and the S-5 class will be between 9-12,000 tons.

Hmm now the bigger reactor core starts making sense. Does that also translates to higher VLS and TT magazine capacity? @Abingdonboy

The S-5 class will have more than 2x the number of silos as the S-2.

A separate class of Arihant sized submarines should exist with SSGN designation. I believe they should be able to carry 16 Nirbhay/K-15 missiles.

S-2/Arihant is a one off technology demonstrator.

When is the induction date of new sub

Coming from the begger nation that can't even produce a 2,000 ton vessel without external support.

S-2 is a one-off design, S-3 (Aridaman) class is signifcantly larger and the S-5 class will be between 9-12,000 tons.

The S-5 class will have more than 2x the number of silos as the S-2.

S-2/Arihant is a one off technology demonstrator.
Correction- S3 has double the number of VLS tubes than S2 boat. S5 will have double the tubes than S3, hope it clears things.

When is the induction date of new sub
Mate, you are asking for induction date of India's most guarded strategic launch platform!!!:coffee: No one will ever tell even if they knew!

Correction- S3 has double the number of VLS tubes than S2 boat. S5 will have double the tubes than S3, hope it clears things.

Mate, you are asking for induction date of India's most guarded strategic launch platform!!!:coffee: No one will ever tell even if they knew!
It means that it was already inducted secretly

It means that it was already inducted secretly
I don't think so,strategist will prefer to announce its induction. Since these toys are not forbfighting war,its for avoiding any misadventures from enemy side. They may probably keep the number of platform secret.

Back
Top Bottom