What's new

Arianespace to launch India's GSAT-11 communication satellite

Just checked it, you are wrong.

The stage is called SC-160 because it will house Semi-Cryogenic stage with 160 tonnes of propellant i.e. it would have 160,000 kg (350,000 lb) of Kerosene / LOX.

The Engine is called SCE-200 because it will generate 2000kN of thrust.
So you saying LPSC Director is wrong, but you are right. Atleast watch the video which I given to you. Special thanks to @gslv mk3

Untitled1.png

India through ISRO is doing fine, mate. There is no shame in the speed
at which the launch abilities of your country are developing, far from it.
Just remind yourself of the fact that such knowledge comes with time
and that those at the top of the game had it in spades.
For example, great orbit rockets are successors of indigenous ICBM programs.

Ariane is world best and as answered above, you'll get there on weight
if not yet on quality. Furthermore, Russian rockets are like cheap space
scooters without refinements and have done the job. Heck, the Americans
use 'em to go to the ISS for lack of a national ride nowadays.

The only program with a faster rate of learning is that of China and they do
so because they enjoy superior financing than most to achieve loftier goals.

Be patient, space programs are not built in a day, Tay.

Indeed....and there is No shame in admitting that the western nations had kept India under technology sanctions AND Trade sanctions to ensure it remained backward while the rest of them freely traded knowledge and technology.

US lifted its 21 year old sanctions on china in 1992 while it assassinated our Rocket scientists and pressure Russia to backtrack on its agreement

If anything, Indian rate of learning is far superior to China given the circumstances.

So you saying LPSC Director is wrong, but you are right. Atleast watch the video which I given to you. Special thanks to @gslv mk3

Untitled1.png

Watch the video again.

He is talking about the SCE-200 ENGINE.

Nowhere does he mention the stage is called SC-200.

Indeed....and there is No shame in admitting that the western nations had kept India under technology sanctions AND Trade sanctions to ensure it remained backward while the rest of them freely traded knowledge and technology.

US lifted its 21 year old sanctions on china in 1992 while it assassinated our Rocket scientists and pressure Russia to backtrack on its agreement

If anything, Indian rate of learning is far superior to China given the circumstances.

Watch the video again.

Facepalm, on slide itself written SC-200 stage.

Watch the video again.

If that is not much clear for you that watch this.
dsc_0038.jpg

Always believe in first hand source.

Facepalm, on slide itself written SC-200 stage.

If that is not much clear for you that watch this.
dsc_0038.jpg

Always believe in first hand source.

The earlier picture you provided says SC200 and the second picture does say SC200 and seems to indicate the stage.

But consider this,

S200 is the name of the solid booster egine.

C25 is the name of the stage with CE-20 engine. C25 was called that because it contained 25 Tons of propellant, which was later raised to 27 tons. (Cryogenic 25)

So the SC stage with SCE-200 engine will named after the weight of the propellant and sources says it will contain 160 Tons.

Which means by ISRO Nomenclature the name of that stage will be SC-160. (Semi Cryogenic 160)

So rather than blindly believe a picture or a slide, I will go by logic and facts.

The earlier picture you provided says SC200 and the second picture does say SC200 and seems to indicate the stage.

But consider this,

S200 is the name of the solid booster egine.

C25 is the name of the stage with CE-20 engine. C25 was called that because it contained 25 Tons of propellant, which was later raised to 27 tons. (Cryogenic 25)

So the SC stage with SCE-200 engine will named after the weight of the propellant and sources says it will contain 160 Tons.

Which means by ISRO Nomenclature the name of that stage will be SC-160. (Semi Cryogenic 160)

So rather than blindly believe a picture or a slide, I will go by logic and facts.
Those are ISRO's official slide. And clearly mentioned 2 S200+ SC200+C25
If you dont want to believe moon exist above in sky, then thats not my problem. :rofl:

Those are ISRO's official slide. And clearly mentioned 2 S200+ SC200+C25
If you dont want to believe moon exist above in sky, then thats not my problem. :rofl:

Wrong.

These are Informal slides by ISRO scientists present to an unknown gathering.

A Official ISRO slide would be the one given to the Press in an official briefing.

You want to believe that such an informal slide represents the Moon in the sky then that is your prerogative. Don't make it mine. I will continue to go by my own judgement.

Last edited:
Wrong.

These are Informal slides by ISRO scientists present to an unknown gathering.

A Official ISRO slide would be the one given to the Press in an official briefing.

You want to believe that such an informal slide represents the Moon in the sky then that is your prerogative. Don't make it mine. I will continue to go by my own judgement.

Do you have any informal slide for SC160 presented by ISRO? Or you firing shots in air?

And please dont paste the Antriksh blog images here.

That is ISRO's site? Excellent you achieved new heights.

The various configurations of the ULV have an identical first and upper stage. The first stage (L-160) uses Kerosene/LOX. The used conceptual engine RD-810* from Yuzhnoye (Ukraine) with 200 t of thrust, is in development and should be ready in some years. The RD-810 engine is an licensed RD-120MN engine of Energomash. The CE-20 engine from the GSLV MkIII is used for the larger L-30 cryogenic upper stage. Planned is a more powerful engine CE-60 with 600 kN thrust.

Didnt this site told you India only bought designs from Ukraine, not Engine? Also didnt this site told you plans are of CE-50 not CE-60?

That is ISRO's site? Excellent you achieved new heights.

Didnt this site told you India only bought designs from Ukraine, not Engine? Also didnt this site told you plans are of CE-50 not CE-60?

First, I am not interested in listening to your trash talk any more than see your go around claiming a random video is an official ISRO briefing.

Second, learn english grammar if you don't want to sound like an idiot.

Third, What has CE-50 or CE-60 got anything to do with the Nomenclature for naming the SC stage of GSLV ? Nothing.

Fourth, find out what Nomenclature means.

Guys take a chill pill. Both of u are right and wrong.
Sc160 will replace the L110 on the mk3 also called the lvm3.
This will then evolve into the ulv which will have he sc200.

The diff is only propellent mass

Both will use an sce200 cluster config.

Home: Arianespace to launch India's GSAT-11 communication satellite
NetIndian News Network
New Delhi, September 12, 2016
ADVERTISEMENT
European commercial satellite launch company Arianespace today said the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) had chosen it to launch its GSAT-11 telecommunications satellite.

The satellite will be launched by an Ariane 5 launch vehicle, from the Guiana Space Center, Europe’s spaceport in Kourou, French Guiana, in 2017, a press release from Arianespace said.

The GSAT-11 satellite, designed, assembled and integrated by ISRO, will weigh about 5,725 kg at launch, it said.

According to the release, GSAT-11 is an advanced communication satellite with multi-spot beam coverage over the Indian mainland and nearby islands to bring huge advantage to the user community, compared with the existing INSAT/GSAT satellite systems.

With this new system architecture and the cutting-edge technology elements proposed to be employed for realization, GSAT-11 will generate a capacity of more than 12 Gbps for users from a single platform.

“We are very proud to announce this new contract with the Indian Space Research Organization, as we are gearing up for the launch of GSAT-18 on October 4, our 20th satellite launch for ISRO," Arianespace Chairman and CEO Stéphane Israël said.

"Widely known for its exemplary successes, ISRO has placed its trust in Arianespace for the last 35 years. For us, this continued partnership is clear recognition of our ability to provide reliable launch services, perfectly tailored to our customer’s needs," he said.

ISRO has a long history of launching payloads with Arianespace – dating back to the third mission of an Ariane-series vehicle in 1981.

Since 1980, Arianespace has performed missions placing more than 500 satellites into orbit with its three launchers: Ariane, Soyuz and Vega. Arianespace is headquartered in Evry, France near Paris.

According to ISRO sources, GSAT-11 is an advanced communication satellite employing a new class of bus weighing 4000-6000 kg. The commercial payload includes Ka x Ku-Band Forward Link Transponders and Ku x Ka band Return Link Transponders.

NNN
Who built the satellite

I am not undermining the ISRO's achievements in rocket science, but rocket advancement in isro lags behind our satellite tech. None of our rockets even gslv mk3 are not powerful enough to put this giant in to geostationary orbit.
Built by ISRO & affiliated labs in India, launched by Arianespace.

India imports a lot of components for its satellites, this should not be ignored. It is one reason why India can make top notch satellites.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom