What's new

Are we going to fight Pakistan with the US

guys donot reply to the elite torlls forget about them............
what he said is 100 percent true and it dose make sense......... and to those babus think just buying weapons can keep ppl quite and earn some cash.. but buying without strategi is foolishness this is what our government is doing and sooner they realize it good for the country........

The USA will not choose between Pakistan and India at this time. We want to be friends with both without aiding and abetting a conflict between them. Only if either throws their lot in with the real enemies of the USA would the USA choose. That is the danger for Pakistan if it decides to openly and actually ally itself with the jihadis. In that circumstance, the USA might provide India with weapons that the USA knows or expects India might use against Pakistan.

US will never ditch Pakistan... Pakistan is a obedient student of US and they will get there patronage always.. While India is a new student exploring new options.. US will never trust us and we should never trust them... We should limit ourself with just Trading to US... I think that would be more than enough..

Never trust Americans...
i think American fighter would not be selected for MRca because see wat happened to C-130...
And Air cheif Naik won't allow this to happen with fighter jets..
So i think 95% american fighters won't be selected...
Never trust Americans.....

I firmly belive MMRCA deal will go to rafale or typhoon not the US f18 or F16. Coming to the other aircrafts like c130 there are no alternative for that aircrafts and it works fine for troop transport and supplies in indo Tibetan border, These aircrafts had done well in the past in 1962 war.
Indian govt. had done a right thing by not signing interoperability with US. Regarding the US relations If US is coming to india for better relations India should accept that based on its own terms and get the benefit out of it.

If we novices can see USA cannot be trusted and is stil providing $2 billion in military and economic aid for free THE INDIANS must realise they are not a ALLY like Russia or indeed Israel.

I hope the indians make a sensible decision on MMRCA

If we novices can see USA cannot be trusted and is stil providing $2 billion in military and economic aid for free THE INDIANS must realise they are not a ALLY like Russia or indeed Israel.

I hope the indians make a sensible decision on MMRCA

Dude I have read many articles that why US providing so much aid to Pakistan and on the other hand want to have strategic relationship with India but none of them have ended up with genuine conclusion. What they wants no one can understand. But one thing is for sure we are not buying the same those US given to Pakistan like....

P-3C --- P-8I
F-16 --- F-18 (most probable if US wins)
Cobra --- Apache Longbow
C-130 --- C-130J Super Hercules
C-17
PAC-3 (may be) etc.

But still I am not in favor of MRCA going to US, instead it should go to Europe.

Dude I have read many articles that why US providing so much aid to Pakistan and on the other hand want to have strategic relationship with India but none of them have ended up with genuine conclusion. What they wants no one can understand. But one thing is for sure we are not buying the same those US given to Pakistan like....

P-3C --- P-8I
F-16 --- F-18 (most probable if US wins)
Cobra --- Apache Longbow
C-130 --- C-130J Super Hercules
C-17
PAC-3 (may be) etc.

But still I am not in favor of MRCA going to US, instead it should go to Europe.

yes it will give us the diplomatic edge over europe and no clause attached and europe is in cash crunch so we can use it to our advantage ..........

Vice Admiral Raman Puri asks hard questions about India*US defence ties

My contention is that as long as we don't have a deep political understanding with the US, it is not advisable to get into a deep defence relationship.

daam good , atlast somebody spooken up..

Vice Admiral Raman Puri asks hard questions about India-US defence ties

They say the Defense Research and Development Organisation has not delivered. I don't think critics of the DRDO have analysed what is not delivered.

Even foreign aircraft come only after 10 or so years don't blame indigenous efforts to develop them that take that kind of time.

When the issue of buying of defense equipment from America comes, they talk about 'latest' and 'high technology.' These are just subjective words. What India needs is to fight efficiently with its competitors. We are not in competition with the US or Europe. We are and we should compare ourselves with our neighbours.

In my assessment all that the Indian defence forces need is updated Sukhoi- 30s and Light Combat Aircraft. We should keep modernising the LCAs; they are as good as the Mirage 2000.

Why should we go for American- made 126 Medium Multi-Role Combat Aircraft? Each US-made MMRCA will cost us over $ 70 million while the LCA cost us only $ 26 million. Why should we spend so much money? Of course, we have problems with our LCA but we should be working to solve that. Why should we be so keen to become dependent? And, remember, when you build the LCA indigenously, you are building an institution.

I can say only that I disagree with my own community when they want to go for US- or Israel-made weapons and completely bind themselves with them. I know for sure that in 2003 the Air Force only wanted the Mirage 2000. Why don't you upgrade it? I think that is what the Indian Air Force needs to fight China, Pakistan or any other neighbour if need be. The Indian government doesn't have second professional advice. It is totally in the hands of service chiefs who many times don't agree with each other. That disturbs the country's research and development and upsets production infrastructure.
we should not have a fetish for state-of-the-art equipment if we can mange with what we have or what we can get with help of the DRDO. Also, is what you are buying really state of the art? I don't think so. I have seen negotiations for a few things going on for decades, still you say you are buying the latest!

what basically is the point that in 2003 IAF was willing to buy Mirage , now when mmrca is still hanging , LCA is ready which is termed as equal to mirage..

the whole article seem to br focus on MMRCA only ..

does it means we either scrap MMRCA ?

article also mentinos about filling operational requirements rather buying top notch costly aircrafts..

or should IAF buy MIG-35 .?

??

Last edited:
what basically is the point that in 2003 IAF was willing to buy Mirage , now when mmrca is still hanging , LCA is ready which is termed as equal to mirage..

the whole article seem to br focus on MMRCA only ..

does it means we either scrap MMRCA ?

article also mentinos about filling operational requirements rather buying top notch costly aircrafts..

or should IAF buy MIG-35 .?

??

I guess the reason for changing the specs of MMRCA is because of 2 things...
1)Mirages Production line was closed
2)Tejas performed better than it was expected.. I heard one of the test pilot said it matched or exceed the performance of Mirage....

Thats why there is a re issuance of tender and we can see Twin engine fighter in this drama... IAF has full backing of Tejas after the first flight and they are expecting more out of it... That is why MK-2 is put forth.. even IAF pressurized MoD for engine selection as early as possible.. which shows the level of trust or expectations out of it..

But aftermath there are more reasons for new specs in MMRCA which has been discussed to death here

:rofl:

No thanks! While we're in for all good strategic partnership, it is very unlikely that we'd live through the war if US joins our side. Its allies are usually in worse shape than its enemies. So we choose neither side and besides, our matter with Pakistan is a bilateral issue meaning that we don't need external help.

Back
Top Bottom