What's new

Are Universities Producing Unproductive Corporate Slaves? Ft. Dr. Shahid Qureshi

_NOBODY_

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Are Universities Producing Unproductive Corporate Slaves? Ft. Dr. Shahid Qureshi

Dr. Shahid Qureshi is the Rector of GIFT University Gujranwala, Pakistan.

00:00 Introduction
02:21 Early Life & Education
10:14 University Life
12:14 Lack of Curiosity and Knowledge Expansion
15:39 His University vs. High School experience
16:46 First Job
18:23 2 Years at WAPDA
18:50 Pursuing Masters & Key Learnings
21:45 Society's Fundamental Rules: What went wrong in South Asia?
26:56 Joining KAPCO: Life changing?
31:53 Second Masters: MBA at LUMS
38:31 Turning Point at Age 37
43:03 The Start of GIFT University
46:30 Moving to Germany: Unlearning to Learn
53:14 Attending a Conference in the US
55:21 Completing PhD
56:08 Returning to Pakistan and joining IBA
01:02:18 Conducting an Experiment: Board of Secondary Education Karachi
01:09:18 Entrepreneurship Programmes & Training
01:24:27 NICs: Necessary at the time?
01:27:32 What went wrong?
01:29:08 Moving back to GIFT University
01:32:33 Do Pakistani Universities create leaders?
01:37:56 How is GIFT different?
01:45:14 Student Count & Shifts
01:48:05 Pakistan of 2050

@ghazi52 @araz @The Eagle @The Accountant @That Guy @Irfan Baloch @PanzerKiel @AgNoStiC MuSliM @Imran Khan @PAKISTANFOREVER @waz @Windjammer @WinterFangs @KaiserX @niaz @farok84 @MastanKhan @krash @FOOLS_NIGHTMARE @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @Cookie Monster @Bratva @Foxtrot Alpha @Rafael @Rafi @Trango Towers @Indus Pakistan @Norwegian @LeGenD @mingle @AZADPAKISTAN2009 @SQ8 @Goenitz @farok84 @Blacklight @Meengla @Dalit @ARMalik @Sainthood 101 @Zibago @Jango @untitled @Reichsmarschall @Bleek @Dual Wielder @Smoke @RescueRanger @Trango Towers @Asimzranger @FuturePAF @Imad.Khan @forcetrip @baqai @blain2 @khail007 @N.Siddiqui @kingQamaR @Wergeland @PakAlp @Khan2727 @VCheng @Bleek @Sifar zero @Maula Jatt @PakSarZameen47 @Abid123 @Valar. @CLUMSY @Drexluddin Khan Spiveyzai

Trash curriculum of 95% Universities
Most stuff is not even worthy of grade 7 in western schools

All focus is on , attaining fees from Students and then convincing students to pay Lecture fees to private professor in order to clear exams

Last edited:
Universities are obsolete in most of the knowledge field.
Before they produced polymaths and thinkers, today they produce corporate slaves.
I would abolish most of them except narrow number of essential areas were pure skills can not substitute knowledge.

I do not think there are any data to suggest that this gentleman, or most of the others listed on the university's website, as with most other university faculty in Pakistan these days, have the intellectual freedom necessary to make such judgements. Are religious automatons any better than corporate slaves?

@VCheng

Are religious automatons any better than corporate slaves?

I hope, sir, you are not insinuating that the gentleman is a "religious automaton" merely on the evidence of his luxurious mane?

Regards

I do not think there are any data to suggest that this gentleman, or most of the others listed on the university's website, as with most other university faculty in Pakistan these days, have the intellectual freedom necessary to make such judgements. Are religious automatons any better than corporate slaves?
On what basis did you just assume that he's a religious automaton? Having more than a decade of experience in academia justifies him to make such judgements. Everyone who has at least a decade of experience in academia has the right to make such judgements. Please tell me you at least watched the podcast before writing this post.

@ghazi52 @araz @The Eagle @The Accountant @That Guy @Irfan Baloch @PanzerKiel @AgNoStiC MuSliM @Imran Khan @PAKISTANFOREVER @waz @Windjammer @WinterFangs @KaiserX @niaz @farok84 @MastanKhan @krash @FOOLS_NIGHTMARE @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @Cookie Monster @Bratva @Foxtrot Alpha @Rafael @Rafi @Trango Towers @Indus Pakistan @Norwegian @LeGenD @mingle @AZADPAKISTAN2009 @SQ8 @Goenitz @farok84 @Blacklight @Meengla @Dalit @ARMalik @Sainthood 101 @Zibago @Jango @untitled @Reichsmarschall @Bleek @Dual Wielder @Smoke @RescueRanger @Trango Towers @Asimzranger @FuturePAF @Imad.Khan @forcetrip @baqai @blain2 @khail007 @N.Siddiqui @kingQamaR @Wergeland @PakAlp @Khan2727 @VCheng @Bleek @Sifar zero @Maula Jatt @PakSarZameen47 @Abid123 @Valar. @CLUMSY @Drexluddin Khan Spiveyzai

agree .. most Pakistani graduates are crap

On what basis did you just assume that he's a religious automaton? Having more than a decade of experience in academia justifies him to make such judgements. Everyone who has at least a decade of experience in academia has the right to make such judgements. Please tell me you at least watched the podcast before writing this post.

Excuse me, but where did I call him a religious automaton? I merely mentioned that there is no data to suggest that "this gentleman, or most of the others listed on the university's website, as with most other university faculty in Pakistan these days, have the intellectual freedom necessary to make such judgements" and that remains a correct observation.

My question posed above - Are religious automatons any better than corporate slaves? - refers to the end product of present day Pakistani universities, the vast percentage of which is indeed religious automatons or even worse, utterly incapable of free or creative thought. Only a miniscule minority even rises to the level of being corporate slaves in the global environment, and those probably are the ones that hold sway in Pakistan generally. Yes, I did watch the podcast (and many others on the same channel), and I have over a quarter century of academic experience on three continents.

I do not wish to re-engage in such unfruitful discussions in the present environment of PDF, having begged my leave for good reasons already.

What makes him think Pakistani universities are good at turning out corporate slaves ?

I am from an English major but I have to say that most Liberal Art majors are trash and I'm glad I got into IT later in my career.

Only STEM is worthwhile really, Liberal art should be a hobby at most.

Majority of Managers are from Business background

• IT Folks are another word for corporate slaves

Arts & Humanities are segments important where Government , hires people for welfare of People and public

In a country built on army boot stomping down civilians this mindset of Art/Humanities has no real takers

The Government Sector roles are filled by illegal merit, so the limited Art /Humanities centric jobs are occupied by either fake degree holders or people who perhaps did not had merit

No wonder all the Public sector areas suffer

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom