What's new

Are pakistani more caring and resourceful than other captive's nations

Albatross

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
416327-MVAlbedo-1343859112-183-640x480.JPG

KARACHI:

Seven Pakistan hostages onboard merchant ship MV Albedo, which has been in the captivity of Somali pirates since November 2010, have been released and would be reaching Karachi Thursday night, announced Sindh Governor Ishratul Ebad at a press conference late Wednesday night.

According to the governor, the seven Pakistanis were taken to Nairobi after their release. The remaining 15 crewmembers, including seven Bangladeshis, six Sri Lankans, one Indian and an Iranian remain in pirates’ custody.

The Somali pirates had demanded Rs320 million for the release of the crew and vessel, which was captured in the Indian Ocean. The Pakistani government had agreed to pay Rs160 million. The remaining amount was to be paid by the Malaysian government since the vessel is owned by a Malaysian citizen. However, it is unclear how much money was paid in the end for the Pakistani hostages’ release.
MV Albedo: Seven hostages released from pirates captivity – The Express Tribune

Glad to know finally Pakistani men are coming back home.. Kudos to governor Sindh!

I think its in Indian doctrine that has evolved since 1999 IC-814 Hijacking to give into any sort of demands by kidnappers,hijackers and hostage takers.I wont be surprised if that doctrine is behind india not heeding to Pirates' ransom demand.

I think its in Indian doctrine that has evolved since 1999 IC-814 Hijacking to give into any sort of demands by kidnappers,hijackers and hostage takers.I wont be surprised if that doctrine is behind india not heeding to Pirates' ransom demand.

whats the purpose of our aircraft carriers and destroyers and boats and navy and commandos when we cant even pick on a fight with these somalian pirates........the indian taxpayer who paid for the aircraft carriers and and salary of indian chief goes into his pocket when i pay tax.......these bastard indian navy guys should be fired if they cant d o an operation in the sea.

i hope shri ansar burney pays the ransom for indians too...just like they did last time.......

Its the second time Pak got it men freed though last time we got even 7 indians freed but for how long we can be so generous with countries like india which claims to be much more resourceful and human loving paying no heed to the suffering of their own seamen...Though I personally feel really sorry for the one's left behind as it must have become more painful for them..May Allah grant them their freedom asap as well...

whats the purpose of our aircraft carriers and destroyers and boats and navy and commandos when we cant even pick on a fight with these somalian pirates........the indian taxpayer who paid for the aircraft carriers and and salary of indian chief goes into his pocket when i pay tax.......these bastard indian navy guys should be fired if they cant d o an operation in the sea.

i hope shri ansar burney pays the ransom for indians too...just like they did last time.......

you seem to be totally unaware of ground realities as any navy can help till the point pirates doesnt hold any captives as otherwise they will kill the captives and the whole operation will be useless...navy can thwart any attack before pirates boards the ship and thats become really difficult considering the thousands of nautical miles of ungaurded area in indian ocean...

pakistanis are the most generous and charitable nation in the world

ansar burney did something for which indians deported him when he was coming to india for releasing some pakistani captives

so sad, he wont do the favour this time

ansar burney did something for which indians deported him when he was coming to india for releasing some pakistani captives

I agree with you and its such attitude from the establishments of both countries that dint let anybody do something good for humanity..

Why so few pay tax then? The money from tax is used for poor people, for defence of your country etc. Or is charity just an investment for afterlife? :)

Also, anybody paying ransom to somalis should know they are endangering more people's life in future. No wonder piracy became cottage industry there.

you want to invade somalia ??? go ahead...be my guest...btw destroyers etc are already providing security against piracy in IOR.

Once pirates capture the hostage, no navy in the world threatens them, for the fear of losing the hostage. Indian navy is not the only navy operating there.
Most merchant ship men lock themselves if they cant evade the pirates.(to buy some time)

I watched a documentary in which a british warship captain watched helplessly as pirates took a ship towards somalia coast.

Back
Top Bottom