What's new

Are Bangladeshis and people of West Bengal the same race?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well majority pakistanis are high caste converts. in india its mixture.

I don't think majority Pakistanis are high caste converts. The reason why Pakistanis tend to be generally fairer thank others is because they have less South Indian (Dravidian) blood in them. I also think they have a higher degree of admixture from Muslim invaders.

Hindus like to claim we are low caste converts.

And my question is, why do you care if 'SOME' of your ancestors are?

The Caste system is an antiquated hierarchical system that shouldn't mean anything.

There are many lower caste Hindus who wished to escape this by converting to Islam and Christianity.

some did voluntarily, some did by force.

Unless you think there is a problem

Edit: Can someone explain why some non-Indian and non-Hindu people are concerned about their supposed Lower Caste origins.

It's sort of insulting Low-caste people :/ Still can't believe there are people concerned about this.

I don't think majority Pakistanis are high caste converts. The reason why Pakistanis tend to be generally fairer thank others is because they have less South Indian (Dravidian) blood in them. I also think they have a higher degree of admixture from Muslim invaders.

no they have both invaders blood and high caste hindu converts. dont forget most of the muslim elites used to

live in delhi and lahore. those were mughal capitals.

no they have both invaders blood and high caste hindu converts. dont forget most of the muslim elites used to

live in delhi and lahore. those were mughal capitals.

Most of the admixture from Muslim invaders wouldn't have come from the elite since they were a small number. The invaders' blood would have come mostly from footsoldiers, many of whom will have been Afghans. They would surely have taken local wives wherever they settled in the Subcontinent. Although the elite was often made up of Turks the majority of the soldiers and their followers would have been Afghans. Contrary to popular belief, there is barley any Arab blood in the Subcontinent. Almost all of the Muslim rule in South Asia, mostly Northern half, beginning 12th Century till around the 1750s, consisted entirely of Afghans and Turks. The only time Arabs ruled was Sindh but that was much earlier. But there were Arab traders that came to the Subcontinent before the Afghan/Turk rule.

@Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury, I don't see any purpose of this thread. As a proud Bangladeshi and a true follower of your whatever religion you shouldn't be giving a wooden nickle to what Hindus or the followers of any other religion think of you.

Next time make sure that you start a thread in a right section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom