What's new

Apple loses again in Dutch suit against Samsung

MandarK

Reaction score
Country
India
Apple loses again in Dutch suit against Samsung - The Economic Times

AMSTERDAM: A Dutch court has again ruled against Apple Inc. in a suit against South Korea's Samsung Electronics Co., saying that Galaxy tablet computers don't infringe an Apple patent on touch screen interfaces.

The Dutch case is one of many Apple is pursuing against Samsung in their reciprocal patent war. If Apple had been successful in the Netherlands, it could have disrupted Samsung's ability to distribute in Europe through the port of Rotterdam.

Apple lost a request for a provisional ruling in August 2011, and an appeal in January. The Hague District Court's ruling published Thursday is a full-fledged civil suit on the same point. Like British and German courts, the Dutch court found that the touch screen interface Samsung's Galaxy tabs use does not violate Apple's patents.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems like Apple won only in US. They lost in Japan, Germany etc.

Apple loses again in Dutch suit against Samsung - The Economic Times

AMSTERDAM: A Dutch court has again ruled against Apple Inc. in a suit against South Korea's Samsung Electronics Co., saying that Galaxy tablet computers don't infringe an Apple patent on touch screen interfaces.

The Dutch case is one of many Apple is pursuing against Samsung in their reciprocal patent war. If Apple had been successful in the Netherlands, it could have disrupted Samsung's ability to distribute in Europe through the port of Rotterdam.

Apple lost a request for a provisional ruling in August 2011, and an appeal in January. The Hague District Court's ruling published Thursday is a full-fledged civil suit on the same point. Like British and German courts, the Dutch court found that the touch screen interface Samsung's Galaxy tabs use does not violate Apple's patents.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems like Apple won only in US. They lost in Japan, Germany etc.

Actually, they've won something in Japan - Japan Court Rules Apple didn’t Infringe on Samsung Patents

Which is kind of disappointing :hitwall:

I find this the most ridiculous - Apple Sues Polish Grocery Store Over A.pl Name

Samsung are copycats - Why did they choose rectangle shape with rounded corners?Apple invented rectangle with rounded corners...!

/sarcasm

You bl*dy applehater, you will rot in apple hell, removing bugs after bugs from crappy open-source apps.

Can't say I am "blody", but after using multiple Iphones, I most certainly am not a fan of them...

Can't say I am "blody", but after using multiple Iphones, I most certainly am not a fan of them...
It was a joke, but you knew..
Never used one myself, always used Symbian and now android. But still want to own a Iphone. May be next one.

It was a joke, but you knew..
Never used one myself, always used Symbian and now android. But still want to own a Iphone. May be next one.

The only positive things I have to say about the Iphone.

1) It looks expensive, especially compared to the S3, there is no mistaking the cost of the phone.

2) User interface is much friendlier

3) Siri is much better than S voice

Other than that, the samsung has a better camera, better OS, better apps, better customization, and most importantly less pretentious owners. :P

1) It looks expensive, especially compared to the S3, there is no mistaking the cost of the phone.

Other than that, the samsung has a better camera, better OS, better apps, better customization, and most importantly less pretentious owners. :P

I dont use camera much. Phone should just have ease of use, and there are very few apps that I need. A good web browser is a must.
Except of web browser, I think Iphone is better for me. I dont now about browsing though.

And most important part is, music!

1) Looks expensive but an ergonomic nightmare especially considering Apple pretend to be some sort of design gurus. The S3 may not look as expensive but it's damn comfortable to hold.

2) How so? 2 years ago, I might have said this is the case but Android 4.1.2 is polished and super responsive. I honestly don't see a big difference between Android and IOS UIs (in terms of speed).

3) Again, Google Now (Jellybean) beats Siri hands down and the way it handles commands is much better if you ask me. I don't want to hear you say you did something, visual feedback is just fine thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
1) Looks expensive but an ergonomic nightmare especially considering Apple pretend to be some sort of design gurus. The S3 may not look as expensive but it's damn comfortable to hold.

2) How so? 2 years ago, I might have said this is the case but Android 4.1.2 is polished and super responsive. I honestly don't see a big difference between Android and IOS UIs (in terms of speed).

3) Again, Google Now (Jellybean) beats Siri hands down and the way it handles commands is much better if you ask me. I don't want to hear you say you did something, visual feedback is just fine thanks.

2) Speed no, but Ios is much easier to navigate (I've had the S3 for a while now, and I still find it confusing to operate)

3) I was not referring to Google voice, but the factory S voice system (which quite frankly flat out sucks for a phone that costs almost $1000)

Overall I am quite happy with it, I was just giving my unbiased opinion of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom