What's new

Any one suffered from Runners Knee?

I walk briskly for 40 minutes every day and take triflex + fish oil regularly apart from the vitamins , minerals etc

Today I had pain in the knee cap during squats .. was no pain during dead lifts. The pain is characteristic runner's knee. I never go below 90 degrees on squats

I wont be using the treadmill for awhile.Will be resting my knees

Wanted to ask if any one used any brace/strap/band for this problem. Generally the band runs below the joint. Is it effective?
You must have ortho colleagues.

Why not give them a call ?

@S.U.R.B.

Doctor saab kee haal chal hai ??? Thuaadi kiri specialty hai ??? :D

My knee pain usually goes away after I knead and stretch my thigh muscles.
Bur, then again, I am not a runner. Mostly weights and some cardio.

well 10 years ago, I got tackled on my calf, the pain hasn't gone away. Still hurts when I touch it, and the pain does come back.

But I still run occasionally.

I am a runner.

So if there are fellow runners here, do your warm up stretches. Before and after the run.

Trust me, after having hamstring andcalf injuries I learned a painful lesson.

I walk briskly for 40 minutes every day and take triflex + fish oil regularly apart from the vitamins , minerals etc

Today I had pain in the knee cap during squats .. was no pain during dead lifts. The pain is characteristic runner's knee. I never go below 90 degrees on squats

Wanted to ask if any one used any brace/strap/band for this problem. Generally the band runs below the joint. Is it effective?

i9Jjnoo.jpg

Choosing the Right Knee Support | Singapore Physiotherapy for Musculoskeletal Conditions

IT Band Knee Injury Pain while Cycling to Work
udXAAdM.jpg

you should stop immediately or at least be very careful and dont push it too much, I had that problem while running and i thought its just minor thing and continued running for a week and it got worst and worst. Now I cant run more than few days before I start getting that pain again. 2nd brace from the pic is what i use and it helps to some extent, but can squat with no more than 100lbs weight as long as i stay above 90.
I use glucosamine chondroitin supplement daily if i stop taking it then I start getting that pain even if i walk few KMs
running is now a big no no for me just in my dreams
I am 50 now first time I had this problem was 15 years ago

you should stop immediately or at least be very careful and dont push it too much, I had that problem while running and i thought its just minor thing and continued running for a week and it got worst and worst. Now I cant run more than few days before I start getting that pain again. 2nd brace from the pic is what i use and it helps to some extent, but can squat with no more than 100lbs weight as long as i stay above 90.
I use glucosamine chondroitin supplement daily if i stop taking it then I start getting that pain even if i walk few KMs
running is now a big no no for me just in my dreams
I am 50 now first time I had this problem was 15 years ago
thankyou!

i9Jjnoo.jpg

Choosing the Right Knee Support | Singapore Physiotherapy for Musculoskeletal Conditions

IT Band Knee Injury Pain while Cycling to Work
udXAAdM.jpg

I got rid of those symptoms after changing my running shoes a year back... havent encountered such pain since then.

same problem here, i fall on right knee :( my knee shape changed :cry:

Ouchhh..... is it permanent?

Back
Top Bottom