Any local Surface to Air programs ?

AZADPAKISTAN2009

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Any local Surface to Air programs ?

We have most of the items imported in , are we making any local goodies

No news on any local SAM, and it concerns me, a good SAM system is a great threat to any flyin thing, comparatively cheap at doin da job

No news on any local SAM, and it concerns me, a good SAM system is a great threat to any flyin thing, comparatively cheap at doin da job

TOTALLY AGREE, PAKISTAN MUST FIND SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM, WE REALLY R VULNERABLE IN THIS DEPARTMENT.

A GOOD SURFACE TO AIR DEFENCE SYSTEM IS KEY TO DEFEND NATIONAL ASSETS.

PAKISTAN MUST AQUIRE HQ-9 FROM CHINA.

PLS SOME ONE CALM MY NERVE'S BY SAYING WE ALREADY HAVE HQ-9 FROM CHINA. :pakistan::china:

never heard of it... no SAM programs no A2A missile development... i don't know why... may be nescom or AWC have any plans for future but no one knows... but we must go for SAM and A2A missiles for sure... must needed for our defence... only SAM we are producing are the ANZA manpads...

TOTALLY AGREE, PAKISTAN MUST FIND SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM, WE REALLY R VULNERABLE IN THIS DEPARTMENT.

A GOOD SURFACE TO AIR DEFENCE SYSTEM IS KEY TO DEFEND NATIONAL ASSETS.

PAKISTAN MUST AQUIRE HQ-9 FROM CHINA.

PLS SOME ONE CALM MY NERVE'S BY SAYING WE ALREADY HAVE HQ-9 FROM CHINA. :pakistan::china:

We have HQ-9 from China, Ab to tension free ho ja mera bhai...:cheesy:

I think we have these HQ-9 sam system from China .but it is very limited just for protecting important nuclear facilities .i think

Anza I, II, III.

There could be more but unrevealed because of political reason. Few countries starts crying that Aid money is being used for R&D.

Last edited:
Surface-to-Air
Medium Range Area Defence SAMs

HQ-2B (S-75) · RIM-66 SM-1MR

Short Range Point Defence SAMs

Crotale · MBDA Spada 2000 · LY-60N · FM-90

Man Portable SAMs

Anza · FIM-92 Stinger · FIM-43 Redeye · RBS 70 · Mistral

According to wiki

Why do we need a local SAM anyway.SAMs require decades of research and billions of dollars and only those countries try to build which have huge requirements of their own and they also expect to export them.

And in the end if we are only going to buy few batteries it's just better to buy from someone else.

Stop with the HQ-9 Thing we don't have it period HQ-2 and the Cs are way too old.. Our only hope is Spada, god knows that we need a high altitude air defence system.. That's the best detterent to have against any AirForce or missile threat

Anza (missile)

Anza (English: Lance) is a series of shoulder-fired, man-portable surface-to-air missiles produced by Pakistan. Guided by an infra-red homing seeker, Anza is used for low level air defence.[6][7]
Anza is produced by Kahuta Research Laboratories (KRL), being one of the facility's main conventional weapons projects. Development was originally undertaken to eliminate dependence on importing expensive foreign systems.[8] Various versions of the Anza are currently in service with the Pakistan Army,[9] with the Mk-III version being the most recent.[10][11] The Anza is also offered for export, Malaysia being its only known export customer after receiving 100 Anza Mk-I in 2002 and, later, a further 500 Anza Mk-II systems.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anza_(missile)

Topic@@yes we really need A sam and Air to air missile indigious..
We

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep the discussion to the topic, no need to bring in other garbage in it.

I this is my second occassion that I am conveying similar messeage.

To develop effective long or medium range SAM system, Pakistan need to first develop its Radar technology then only it can be able to develop SAM to suit its requirement.

Back
Top Bottom