What's new

Any Excel expert here?

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Need some advice. Imagine i have a excel file and at some areas it adds various numbers from some other files.

I need to expand the file and i also need to get the formula into those enw areas.

How does it work that it does not just copy the formulat but automatically changes it. Say in the original its the sum from A1+A2 and in the next becomes A3 +A4?

If you do not want automatic series then formula should be $A$1+$A$2...$ makes it constant. Google is your best friend here.
If you want series to be like A1, A2 then mention $A1 and expand.

If you do not want automatic series then formula should be $A$1+$A$2...$ makes it constant. Google is your best friend here.
If you want series to be like A1, A2 then mention $A1 and expand.

I know. The formula already exist. I want copy them into following parts of the file.

Need some advice. Imagine i have a excel file and at some areas it adds various numbers from some other files.

I need to expand the file and i also need to get the formula into those enw areas.

How does it work that it does not just copy the formulat but automatically changes it. Say in the original its the sum from A1+A2 and in the next becomes A3 +A4?

I'd like to help but have no idea what you are asking. What do you mean by 'in the original' and 'in the next'?

If you copy the formula without the $ sign - then the formula a1+a2 will become a2+a3 NOT a3 +a4. Sequential.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom