What's new

Antony 'impatient' to see completion of LCA project

LCA mark 1 is completed, Engine trouble has to do with GE not HAL :hitwall:

HAL is concentrating more on LCA mark 2 which has lot of upgrades.

Dude. The excuse ain't gonna cut it. HAL can take up the engine failure issue with GE. But IAF and others will see it as a problem with Tejas unless that problem is identified and fixed.

I would like to hear GE's side on this too. It's freakin GE, sort of the world's biggest company.

Quite frankly IAF has so many better options. It's a national issue so they'll buy a few for reputation's sakes.

BANGALORE (PTI): Terming time slippages as a "real problem" for the defence forces, Indian Defence Minister A K Antony on Tuesday pulled up the DRDO for "delays in delivery" of military projects and said he was "impatient" to see completion of LCA project.

Finally somebody criticizes them and the IAF idea to imposition of "financial penalties in case of poor performance of the work centre" is a good idea too!

:lol: es bicharey ko to 5 saal bhi nahin huey na... India mein minister aise hi hote hain :D

It's my 14th year in active Defence Forumming. I've been reading about the LCA before that too. As kids we used to hear about Pak's Super7 and India's LCA, so its something I remember from wayy back.

It's my 14th year in active Defence Forumming. I've been reading about the LCA before that too. As kids we used to hear about Pak's Super7 and India's LCA, so its something I remember from wayy back.

I meant 5 years for Antony as defence minister..

Thanks A.K. Antony
My father used to work for HAL. He was in touch with ADA for Mirage issue and was in LCA complex on a day when a demonstration of mock up of LCA was shown to the then Prime minister P.V. Narasimha Roa.

The Prime minister looked very serious and after the mock up demo gave a sound blasting to every head of the department (my father was also in the meeting though not connected to LCA) and asked them if the mock up is all they could show after so many years of work. Pin drop silence in the room.

Finally somebody criticizes them and the IAF idea to imposition of "financial penalties in case of poor performance of the work centre" is a good idea too!
I am worried after 2014, most likely new minister will care less about LCA .

Good decisions taken by our honorable defence minister Mr.Antony to bring up competitors of HAL. This way only these Sarkari Babus can wake up from their sleep.

Back
Top Bottom