What's new

ANTONOV RUSLAN 124-100

fatman17

PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
now and again a antanov ruslan 124-100 (r/n UR-82007) from ukraine. lands at karachi civil airport. this baby is a huge cargo aircraft.

i was wondering what sort of cargo it is carrying from ukraine to pakistan!

now and again a antanov ruslan 124-100 (r/n UR-82007) from ukraine. lands at karachi civil airport. this baby is a huge cargo aircraft.

i was wondering what sort of cargo it is carrying from ukraine to pakistan!

Possibly engines for Al Khalid. We still procure them from Ukraine. 2 Yrs ago we had an article suggesting we were on a buying spree in Ukraine,and this included an anti radiation missile, and other bits and bobs.
Araz

642159c82dea0c9cfda832a1394c289b.jpg

Huge aircraft indeed.

Does this aircraft fulfill any other role than just transporting?

Possibly engines for Al Khalid. We still procure them from Ukraine. 2 Yrs ago we had an article suggesting we were on a buying spree in Ukraine,and this included an anti radiation missile, and other bits and bobs.
Araz

i am of the same opinion - it can also lift 2 or 3 Mi-17s with their rotors off. this type rotates between Karachi and Lahore every other month. all off-loading activities take place at night.

since i travel a lot, i will try to keep note of the reg.nos.

Antonov is also the manufacturer of the world's largest aircraft, An-225 Mriyra. Some people may think that its Airbus A380, but its not.

An-225 is powered by 6 engines and was designed to carry the Russian Space Shuttle ie act as mothership.

It was out of service for some time after USSR breakup but again this giant was re-awakened for service in cargo sector. It carries out-sized cargo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonov_An-225

Attachments

• 50804_1192646887.jpg
    50804_1192646887.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 28
2 more a/c sighted on 22nd Aug. one parked at jinnah international - karachi (s/n UR-82009) and one at allama iqbal - lahore (did not get the s/r). i really wish i knew what their cargo is!

please correct me if iam wrong this aircraft is not from ukraine this one is from russia(see tail)....

please correct me if iam wrong this aircraft is not from ukraine this one is from russia(see tail)....

the a/c are russian but the ownership and registry is ukraine for these a/c.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom