What's new

Anti-Vietnam Sentiment against Vietnamese with Chinese Citizenship living in China

They were persecuted in Vietnam. Beaten, and their property looted. In the end, the VietCongs even charged fees for them to leave the country. No body in the diaspora that is Vietnamese Chinese, ever recognizes themselves with Vietnam. Chinese is their cultural heritage, along with whatever citizenship they are holding.

Chinese all across SE Asia are persecuted. China should seriously give them citizenship.
That largely china government false for using these chinese spy on us. Do google why Hoa ethnic persecuted in Vietnam, let me help you out Hoa Bussard Ramjet, the Chinese government at the time had policy which allow them to intervene any country that has large community of Chinese. This raise serious to vcp security when Hoa ethnic own large stake of southern economic, and these Hoa also refused to assimilate as Viet, they considered themselve Chinese citizen and mentally thought they are super in Vietnam.

These Hoa also very funny, when they live in Vietnam they refused to be Viet, but when they were living in refugee camp in China, they went to learn Vietnamese and decleared they are Vietnamese. Yiu know why? So they can go to live in western world by u.n and western sponsor. Are these Hoa supposed to live in mother land China now?

Ask your self why there are still million of Hoa in Vietnam. Second question, why there are as many Hoa living in America, and western as Vietnamese living in America and western?

Stop bull shiit non sense that it is all our false. If you and your Chinese govt dont provoke us, we touch not the Hoa people, matter of fact Hoa enjoy more privileges than other ethnics. Alot of Hoa become famous and rich in Vietnam...average Viet not racist. Especially you Hoa share similiar culture and look, if there is ethnic receive unfair treatment would be montagnard which average Viet considered them backward with dark complex skins.

Last edited:
No shit?I thought you were a racist obsessed with genes. :rofl:

I'm not , I just don't get emotionally attached with gushy feelings like 'Hey Bro" or "Lets Hold Hands" in long conversation unlike some members here.

"Hoa" means ethnic Chinese right? Why did OP post Chinese actors and called them Vietnamese? Their citizenships are not Vietnamese either.

I recognise some of them from some Chinese movies.

Blood is thicker than water. They still have relatives back in VN. Whether they like it or not Hoa can't deny where they come from. Anyone born and grew up with the culture or language is considered from that country regardless of ones ethnicity.

My point is, these actor/actress are neither Vietnamese in ethnicity nor nationality. They are ethnic Chinese of various nationality. Why did OP post their photos and called them Vietnamese?
Hot-boy-Dai-Loan-Harry-Lu-12-1377087174_m_460x0.jpg

20130924-0333-harry-lu-7.jpg

20130924-0333-harry-lu-3.jpg

Nick Name: Harry Lu
DOB: 17/04/1992 Nationality: Taiwan
Height: 1m83
Languages: English, Vietnamese, Chinese.

Taiwanese descent, Born and raised in Vietnam, so Harry Lu can speak English, Vietnamese, Cantonese and Mandarin Chinese. With his good looks, he immediately becomes a significant factor in the school's basketball team RMIT University and received many invitations to star in movies and photography events.

This Taiwanese guy considers himself Vietnamese. :-)

They were persecuted in Vietnam. Beaten, and their property looted. In the end, the VietCongs even charged fees for them to leave the country. No body in the diaspora that is Vietnamese Chinese, ever recognizes themselves with Vietnam. Chinese is their cultural heritage, along with whatever citizenship they are holding.

Chinese all across SE Asia are persecuted. China should seriously give them citizenship.

What VN did was bad to the Hoa but they did it for national security. Maybe it was for the best, Chinese movies and dramas wouldn't have become as successful without the Vietnamese Chinese.

Out of SEA, Thailand has the largest oversea Chinese population. Chinese are well integrated into Thai Society. And CCP doesn't really care about oversea Chinese they are not citizens of PRC.

Last edited:
there're three Viet-Chinese villages nearby my village. and many classmates in middle school. we still call them '华侨' after so many years.
they're good at business and live a much better live than local people.
I worked for them to harvest cane and orange to earn board fee in middle school age.
but most of them move to big city now. left only the place named 'HuaQiao'.

I know they come from Vietnam, but I don't know why and how.
until I read something on PDF. now I know that they're the so call "boat man", same as us.
good to know something about 徐克、钟丽缇 here.

My point is, these actor/actress are neither Vietnamese in ethnicity nor nationality. They are ethnic Chinese of various nationality. Why did OP post their photos and called them Vietnamese?
Vietnamese is not an ethnic but citizenship or nationality. The Kinh makes up the majority, some 85 per cent, but there are other ethnic groups including chinese. They are all vietnamese.

Vietnamese is not an ethnic but citizenship or nationality. The Kinh makes up the majority, some 85 per cent, but there are other ethnic groups including chinese. They are all vietnamese.

Can Vietnamese members here introduce something about how the Kinh ethnic formed gradually?
I want listen to Vietnamese-side knowleges, in order to make clear comprehensively the relationship between Han and Kinh.

Can Vietnamese members here introduce something about how the Kinh ethnic formed gradually?
I want listen to Vietnamese-side knowleges, in order to make clear comprehensively the relationship between Han and Kinh.
who are the Kinh?
Kinh or Jing means capital, is meant the capital of Vietnam: Hanoi. the area around the capital or at early period of settlement, the Red river delta is the root of Vietnam cultures and civilization. that is the place where all begin. if you put aside the new acquired lands of Champa and Khmer, you can see, while the Kinh people, making up the majority, mostly live on lowland, our minority ethnics like Hmong, Tai, Nung live in mountainnous regions.

List of ethnic groups in Vietnam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

where do the Kinh come from?
there are many theorems, but the most creditable source (Havard Medicin School) says they came from Taiwan 5,000 years ago. the researchers, sequencing experts examined the DNAs of 56 ethnics living on the austronesian islands and compared them to the people of Taiwan and Vietnam. DNAs don´t lie. Genetic data can be used to trace human migrations.

Reconstructing Austronesian population history in Island Southeast Asia : Nature Communications : Nature Publishing Group

CollapseFigure-Sideo%2360EFF5_norm.jpg.563310.jpg

so in short, as you ask: what is the link between the Kinh and the Han?
after the Han migrated and settled down in Taiwan 15,000 years ago, and they made the journey from Taiwan to Vietnam 10,000 years later.

Why you guys still butt hurt about Khmer Rouge? Two wrongs don't make one right. No matter how evil of Khmer Rouge, Vietnam still did very very wrong and imprudent invading Cambodia. I have said it many times, after 1975 unification, Vietnam started the new policy Đổi mới, Vietnam wouldn't experience later suffers.
I suggest you study the reasons how and why Vietnam invaded Cambodia. our army hadn´t done it for fun.

who are the Kinh?
Kinh or Jing means capital, is meant the capital of Vietnam: Hanoi. the area around the capital or at early period of settlement, the Red river delta is the root of Vietnam cultures and civilization. that is the place where all begin. if you put aside the new acquired lands of Champa and Khmer, you can see, while the Kinh people, making up the majority, mostly live on lowland, our minority ethnics like Hmong, Tai, Nung live in mountainnous regions.

List of ethnic groups in Vietnam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

there are many theorems, but the most creditable source (Havard Medicin School) says they came from Taiwan 5,000 years ago. the researchers, sequencing experts examined the DNAs of 56 ethnics living on the austronesian islands and compared them to the people of Taiwan and Vietnam. DNAs don´t lie. Genetic data can be used to trace human migrations.

Reconstructing Austronesian population history in Island Southeast Asia : Nature Communications : Nature Publishing Group

after the Han migrated and settled down in Taiwan 15,000 years ago, and they made the journey from Taiwan to Vietnam 10,000 years later.

I suggest you study the reasons how and why Vietnam invaded Cambodia. our army hadn´t done it for fun.

No, I didn't refer to DNA things, or what happened 15,000 years ago. I meant to ask how the Kinh ethnic formed. That's to say, why they consider the people is Kinh, and the Hmong, Tai, Nung who live in mountainnous regions are not Kinh.

No, I didn't refer to DNA things, or what happened 15,000 years ago. I meant to ask how the Kinh ethnic formed. That's to say, why they consider the people is Kinh, and the Hmong, Tai, Nung who live in mountainnous regions are not Kinh.
well, I told you already where the Kinh came from, where they began to have settled down, cultivating wet rice. and as such, they are of a same ethnic, sharing the same root, appearance, same history, common cultures, language, history and everything. and the Kinh are sinized, while the other groups not. hope that answers all of your questions.

and last but not least, in contrast to other minority ethnics, we, the Kinh are warlike.

You have serious reading comprehesion issue. You linked an article about the Austronesian population and their migration pattern from Taiwan going south towards SEA, then you somehow made the conclusion that they were a Han people that migrated to Taiwan and then later migrated to Vietnam 5,000 years ago? Not to mention that you contradicted yourself in your own post by later saying that they migrated to VN 10,000 years ago.

Are you trying to say that the han chinese were Austronesian speaking people? How wrong could you be. :lol:

@Fattyacids you better come and help out your new found friend. Looks like he is really confused.

You have serious reading comprehesion issue. You linked an article about the Austronesian population and their migration pattern from Taiwan going south towards SEA, then you somehow made the conclusion that they were a Han people that migrated to Taiwan and then later migrated to Vietnam 5,000 years ago? Not to mention that you contradicted yourself in your own post by later saying that they migrated to VN 10,000 years ago.

Are you trying to say that the han chinese were Austronesian speaking people? How wrong could you be. :lol:

@Fattyacids you better come and help out your new found friend. Looks like he is really confused.
It is you that has a problem little idiot!

I don´t make the conclusion, but the people of the Harvard Medical School. did you read the findings, you retard? you twisted my words to make me rediculous. I write "later", while you claim I write "ago". where do I say "han chinese were Austronesian speaking people"? are you drunken or taking drugs?

if you can understand german, here is another report. if not, start learn german and read it.
Austronesien: Südseebewohner: Aus Taiwan über Vietnam nach Polynesien? - Spektrum der Wissenschaft

@Hu Songshan
@Deino
@Horus

Can you pls stop this clown and stalker!
Much appreciated.

Last edited:
It is you that has a problem little idiot!

I don´t make the conclusion, but the people of the Harvard Medical School. did you read the findings, you retard? you twisted my words to make me rediculous. I write "later", while you claim I write "ago". where do I say "han chinese were Austronesian speaking people"? are you drunken or taking drugs?

if you can understand german, here is another report. if not, start learn german and read it.
Austronesien: Südseebewohner: Aus Taiwan über Vietnam nach Polynesien? - Spektrum der Wissenschaft

@Hu Songshan
@Deino
@Horus

Can you pls stop this clown and stalker!
Much appreciated.

OK so that 10000 15000 years thing can work out my bad. But the article is talking about the Austronesian people who migrated down from Taiwan to SEA islands, who may have mixed with the Austroasiatic (i.e. Mon-Khmer) in Vietnam before going further south. The article said nothing about the Han Chinese (Sino-tibetan). In case thats not clear to you, Austronesian = people groups in Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, etc.

So if you are trying to argue that the Vietnamese were Han that migrated from Taiwan to Vietnam by using that article about Austronesian migration, then you are also saying that those Han were an Austronesian speaking people, which is absurd.

If you don’t like me commenting on your posts, then don’t spout wrong information about VN.

Last edited:

You can read the first page of our History book Đại Việt sử lược in Han Zi here below. Han Chinese speak Sino-Tibetan language, Vietnamese speak Austroasiatic language.

In the past Chinese and Vietnamese has used Han Zi for writting.

800px-Vietsuluoc.jpg

OK so that 10000 15000 years thing can work out my bad. But the article is talking about the Austronesian people who migrated down from Taiwan to SEA islands, who may have mixed with the Austroasiatic (i.e. Mon-Khmer) in Vietnam before going further south. The article said nothing about the Han Chinese (Sino-tibetan). In case thats not clear to you, Austronesian = people groups in Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, etc.

So if you are trying to argue that the Vietnamese were Han that migrated from Taiwan to Vietnam by using that article about Austronesian migration, then you are also saying that those Han were an Austronesian speaking people, which is absurd.

apparently Vietnam comes from Indonesia according to this picture :coffee:

臺灣 - 维基百科,自由的百科全书

Austronesian_languages.PNG

Back
Top Bottom