What's new

Another One-Irfan Pathan names son after Pakistan great Imran Khan

Then what is wrong with Taimoor ?:azn:

If I am not wrong Timoor was one of the reasons you are here due to force conversion and mass raping of ancient Hindu ladies. Why would an Indian remembering those atrocities would name his or her son like that.

On topic: I like the name Imran... Can someone tell me the true meaning of it?

One similarity i observed was the way both Imran and Irfan held the seam position while bowling.
View attachment 363769 View attachment 363770

That is one of the basic principles of swing bowling to hold the seam upright and then use the shine on bowl to move laterally in the air. (@WAJsal correct?)
One difference between two bowlers is perhaps that of speed. While Wasim was consistently in 85-90 mph range, Irfan was slightly slower. Even for swing bowlers ability to generate pace is important for the fact that if you wish to use reverse swing, it helps if you can generate greater pace, at which it becomes even more pronounced.

PS: Congratulations to Irfan Pathan for his baby. May God bless him.
in all this troll i almost forgot what the thread is all about

in my childhood, we all used to practice his famous short run up and heavy shoulder involved action. i don't think any other cricketer from Pakistan commands that kind of respect and admiration in India as Wasim bhai. He is a true legend.

Akram is maybe 5-6 years older than me. I remember his first tour to India. He came (pimpled faced guy in late teens probably; I was 12 or 13 at the time) one day after nets to swim in our club pool. So tall man (of course I grew a lot after that .... lol). Some other black (in contrast) Pakistani cricketer was with him. I think that top order batsman (forgetting his name... droopy mooch and center partition hero style hair).

One major difference between Pakistani cricketers of those days and the ones we see today (besides the obvious talent/genius deficit) was ATTITUDE. What attitude man! They would all, to the man, strut around I remember with a swagger. Chests puffed out. Dada style. Not arrogant necessarily. Just solid attitude.

Now you have Shoaib Malik .... can't help cringing. Probably only Afridi has that same walk and chest puff now. But he too is nearly history.

Last edited:
One similarity i observed was the way both Imran and Irfan held the seam position while bowling.
View attachment 363769 View attachment 363770

That is one of the basic principles of swing bowling to hold the seam upright and then use the shine on bowl to move laterally in the air. (@WAJsal correct?)
One difference between two bowlers is perhaps that of speed. While Wasim was consistently in 85-90 mph range, Irfan was slightly slower. Even for swing bowlers ability to generate pace is important for the fact that if you wish to use reverse swing, it helps if you can generate greater pace, at which it becomes even more pronounced.

PS: Congratulations to Irfan Pathan for his baby. May God bless him.
in all this troll i almost forgot what the thread is all about

in my childhood, we all used to practice his famous short run up and heavy shoulder involved action. i don't think any other cricketer from Pakistan commands that kind of respect and admiration in India as Wasim bhai. He is a true legend.

Indian coaches ruined Irfan Pathan by trying to make him a batting all rounder. One thing is beyond me, why do most Indian fast bowlers start to loose their pace once they are settled in the team? Its totally opposite in Pakistan. Once the coaches identify a potential fast bowler, they work on his muscles, shoulders and back to make him bowl more fast. We do not consider anyone a true fast bowlers unless he bowls at 140-145 kph regularly.

Indian coaches ruined Irfan Pathan by trying to make him a batting all rounder. One thing is beyond me, why do most Indian fast bowlers start to loose their pace once they are settled in the team? Its totally opposite in Pakistan. Once the coaches identify a potential fast bowler, they work on his muscles, shoulders and back to make him bowl more fast. We do not consider anyone a true fast bowlers unless he bowls at 140-145 kph regularly.

Our dead wickets that sap all the enthusiasm out of a young fast bowler?

With Irfan the oft (trolled?) reason of Muslim genes and beef eating would also not be there. Nor Zaheer. Yet neither was as fast as even Akram, who was probably the slowest among the legendary list of him and Imran, Waqar and Shoaib.

Our dead wickets that sap all the enthusiasm out of a young fast bowler?

With Irfan the oft (trolled?) reason of Muslim genes and beef eating would also not be there. Nor Zaheer. Yet neither was as fast as even Akram, who was probably the slowest among the legendary list of him and Imran, Waqar and Shoaib.

The pitches on both sides of the border are almost the same. I have played some club cricket here and I know that flat pitches are exactly the reason you need to bowl fast. The pitch would not respond beyond first few overs therefore you have to take it out of equation by bowling fast and reversing the ball.

Indian coaches ruined Irfan Pathan by trying to make him a batting all rounder.
Not the coaches but cricket administrators. your observations are correct, that once he proved himself as a handy batsman (especially after his performances in some ODIs), he was subjected to undue pressure of being an all-rounder, when he is at best a bowler with some batting abilities. With the kind of volume of cricket played in sub-continent since mid 90s, it is humanly impossible for a person to remain in peak performance with bat and ball. In contemporary times only Flintoff and Kallis were able to justify themselves as genuine all rounders.
One thing is beyond me, why do most Indian fast bowlers start to loose their pace once they are settled in the team?
Domestic pitches have a lot to do with this problem. Most times in Ranji and other domestic competitions, fast bowlers donot get responsive surfaces and batsman are able to consistently play fast bowlers on front foot. With no swing on offer either, bowlers resort to change in pace to deceive and often try to conserve their energies on bowling more number of overs, rather than 5-6 over burst of fast bowling. This means dropping pace and work on longevity, explaining reudction in pace.
Its totally opposite in Pakistan. Once the coaches identify a potential fast bowler, they work on his muscles, shoulders and back to make him bowl more fast.
Again i feel this is a cultural issue and coaches and cricketing school of thought in general encourages bowlers to bowl fast. & it is actually correct line of thinking, fast bowlers are in team to test opposition by pace rather than guile.

The pitches on both sides of the border are almost the same. I have played some club cricket here and I know that flat pitches are exactly the reason you need to bowl fast. The pitch would not respond beyond first few overs therefore you have to take it out of equation by bowling fast and reversing the ball.
Again as i said, its the case of thinking. On dead rough pitches, you can either bowl fast and generate reverse swing or you can rely on changing pace or simply bowl a boring line to stop runs and rely on spinners to get wickets. Each side players make a choice and having seen some professional players myself, at the end of day, players want to extend their playing time by operating at reduced capacity. Indian fast bowlers (atleast in 90s) relied on this premise.

I think at his prime, Srinath (a veggie southie) was still the fastest we have ever had. I''m not considering guys like Varun Aaron who are not exactly regulars in the side.

Its to have better control over the ball. Saw an interview of Ravi Shastri where he explained how much advancement has been in the training of bowlers and fielders in last few years. When in regular team, bowlers are trained to bowl at certain length/line for specific batsmen and overtime pace no longer remains a priority. And pace is not necessary to take wickets, you can take the example of Shaun Tait who used to bowl at around 150Kmph, he played against India in 2008 at Perth in which he didn't even pick a single wicket, it ended his career.

If I am not wrong Timoor was one of the reasons you are here due to force conversion and mass raping of ancient Hindu ladies. Why would an Indian remembering those atrocities would name his or her son like that.

On topic: I like the name Imran... Can someone tell me the true meaning of it?

Don't talk from your rear end, what would you know our past. At one point in time everyone's forefather that different religion. Taimoor is not longer then why you guys are still know to be the best rapists in the world ? I think it is in your DNA.

Don't talk from your rear end, what would you know our past. At one point in time everyone's forefather that different religion. Taimoor is not longer then why you guys are still know to be the best rapists in the world ? I think it is in your DNA.

Well... I believe it's hard for this forum to talk in civil and logical manner.

I agree to your point that "everyone's forefather that different religion", however my question was on how the X or Y generation got converted... by force or by spiritualism. I am neither Hindu nor Islam, however I do find some interesting and fascinating things about both the religion (in good way). However, glorifying someone who did heinous crimes against a religion/civilization should not be encouraged at a time of progress and development.

Hating is fine... it's understandable, but working on that hate and taking it out on other people for self glory is something isn't my cup of tea. I will ignore and let go your second part which just spews hate and intolerance.

Back
Top Bottom